Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

How do i renew my add???????????????????

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

How do i renew my add???????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Crash P51
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How do i renew my add???????????????????

Whats the key to renew my adds
i give up!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:31 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Crash P51
Whats the key to renew my adds
i give up!
You'll have to copy the information from your expired ad and create a new ad.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Crash P51

like making a new add?
Old 04-25-2018, 11:33 PM
Iflyit
My Feedback: (512)

That is just dumb, I cant renew an ad that I dont have pictures on my hard drive anymore, they are in the expired ad though which should be able to renew like the old site!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:15 AM
Woggie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Has anyone figured out how to repost an add?????????????
Old 05-01-2018, 04:09 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Woggie
Has anyone figured out how to repost an add?????????????
Just copy/paste from your old ad -- but soon we will enable the ability to extend the date!
Old 05-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Iflyit
My Feedback: (512)

Originally Posted by IBobi
Copy/paste from your old ad. Soon we will enable the ability to extend the date.
I dont have pictures on my hard drive anymore and they are watermarked with the word "EXPIRED" on the old ad.....
Old 05-23-2018, 11:19 AM
Crash P51

Great ideas come from little minds ???????????????
Old 05-24-2018, 05:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Iflyit
I dont have pictures on my hard drive anymore and they are watermarked with the word "EXPIRED" on the old ad.....
You can right click on the thumb pic and open it in a new tab/window,, then the "expired" wont be there,, quality wont be the same,, but it works in a pinch

good luck
Old 05-24-2018, 03:13 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

yeah, best to learn to keep and maintain an add copy on yer puter until such time as the item sells.
PItA, but necessary now.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

So if need to recover an old pic without the SOLD across the front of a pic you can right click on the page,, then open the "view page source",, that opens the HTML code

Look for this section of code about half way down the page and click the link that ends .jpg ,, that will open the original pic in full screen

good luck

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 06-04-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:40 AM
Cashpoboy
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unfortunately RC Universe Marketplace, Buy and Sell has gone completely down the toilet.
They do not seem concerned that this section of their website is all but unusable.

It worked relatively good for a long time but now is useless.
They should take their clues from RC Groups or Flying Giants.
These two sites have very easy to use marketplace features.

I hope RC Universe gets it together on this.
They have been a very good website but unfortunately it does not look good.
This is an ongoing problem that does not seem to be getting better.

Farewell old friend. Maybe someday you will listen to your customers.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:58 AM
zeeone76
My Feedback: (4)

Default How to Re-list an Ad

My listing expired, why can't I Re-List??? New site is horrible, old site worked fine, why couldn't it be left alone??
Old 02-14-2019, 09:58 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

We're working on getting a re-list feature up and running in a future update.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:48 AM
Bikerboy53

Ok, IBThomas, you replied to a posting in 2017 its ALMOST 2020, has anything been done about the relist feature??????????????????????
Old 12-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Bikerboy53

Just copy/paste from your old ad -- but soon we will enable the ability to extend the date!

OOhhhhhhh ok.....so it has taken at LEAST two years and that hasn't happened yet!.....ok, I get it...its all about $$ isn't it!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:56 AM
IBobi

We are still working on a feature to re-list products. Thank you for your patience.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:56 AM
IBobi

We are still working on a feature to re-list products. Thank you for your patience.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:03 PM
rheumatical
My Feedback: (172)

You shouldnt have messed with it to begin with. Please bring it back. Thanks
Old 12-13-2019, 04:37 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Since May of 2018? Bwaaaahahahahaha
rcu classifieds are awful. Rcu admin seem to be in full denial of that. Like the parents who gave birth to the seriously ugly baby. Nobody wants to hold it but you still think it's beautiful. I guess that's admirable, somebody needs to feel like it's good, it sure isn't the members.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:36 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Since May of 2018? Bwaaaahahahahaha
rcu classifieds are awful.
Besides wanting the ability to re-list, what else do you want that we don't have yet?
Old 12-13-2019, 10:52 PM
LGM Graphix

IBobi,
with all due respect I've followed these threads since the first big change almost 2 years ago. I've seen the same questions asked and answers given. I can understand that there is a lot to deal with on a site like rcu but as has been said over and over the original classifieds on rcu were the best of any site out there. Now that code may have been custom and perhaps dated but you had the rolls royce of classified and you replaced it with a bargain basement Kia. You say your numbers show the classified haven't slowed down but I've been on this site for 20 years, spent a couple as a moderator here too and I can see that the number of ads in the jet section has diminished. I'd perhaps be inclined to say maybe it's just the times except that when rcu changed the classifieds an rc jets for sale page was started on Facebook and it's busy. Facebook sucks for buy and sell imo but that page is busy.
I would say right now of all the issues with the classifieds the biggest is that feedback is not visible right in the ad. Further to that, on my phone (Samsung S8 using chrome) I cannot even access a member's profile to the page that shows their feedback ratings. There is simply nowhere to navigate to that shows it.
start by making buyer and seller feedback easily visible.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:42 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would say right now of all the issues with the classifieds the biggest is that feedback is not visible right in the ad. Further to that, on my phone (Samsung S8 using chrome) I cannot even access a member's profile to the page that shows their feedback ratings. There is simply nowhere to navigate to that shows it.
start by making buyer and seller feedback easily visible.
Do you feel that the issue is that feedback comments themselves aren't visible in an ad? (Perhaps we could place a dropdown widget that displays those comments when clicked) Or that the button is just too small and easy to miss? Right now you can click on "iTrader Rating" on the right of an ad and see all of a user's feedback.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:22 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Do you feel that the issue is that feedback comments themselves aren't visible in an ad? (Perhaps we could place a dropdown widget that displays those comments when clicked) Or that the button is just too small and easy to miss? Right now you can click on "iTrader Rating" on the right of an ad and see all of a user's feedback.
As I said, it is not visible at all. On my phone there is no "i trader rating" visible anywhere. Further to that as I also already mentioned, on my phone you cannot access the members feedback even from clicking on their name to view their profile. All that shows is what threads they have posted in/ started.

Again, on my phone, Samsung S8, even my previous LG phone and my girlfriends iPhone, there is no link visible anywhere to see a members feedback, not in the ad nor by clicking their name to view profile . Perhaps that all works on a PC, I don't know, I haven't viewed rcu from anything but a mobile device in years.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:48 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As I said, it is not visible at all. On my phone there is no "i trader rating" visible anywhere. Further to that as I also already mentioned, on my phone you cannot access the members feedback even from clicking on their name to view their profile. All that shows is what threads they have posted in/ started.

Again, on my phone, Samsung S8, even my previous LG phone and my girlfriends iPhone, there is no link visible anywhere to see a members feedback, not in the ad nor by clicking their name to view profile . Perhaps that all works on a PC, I don't know, I haven't viewed rcu from anything but a mobile device in years.
OK, so this is a mobile display issue. I'll check this out. But yes, all of that info is available on PC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.