Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Old 11-27-2019, 02:16 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

That looks awesome, hopefully they are available when I build my T-1 in Jan/Feb.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:54 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

We will have our first shipment of CRU’s very soon
Old 11-29-2019, 04:59 AM
Smokeyr67

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The CRU looks like a fantastic bit of kit, so much so that it’s convinced me that my next radio will be a Jeti
Old 11-29-2019, 06:14 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeyr67
The CRU looks like a fantastic bit of kit, so much so that it’s convinced me that my next radio will be a Jeti

Give Aeropanda a Call
they are our distributors for Jeti we make quite a few accesoires for Jeti systems.
he can tell you a lot .
Old 12-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech
Give Aeropanda a Call
they are our distributors for Jeti we make quite a few accesoires for Jeti systems.
he can tell you a lot .
Just pre-ordered at Aeropanda, I'm curious how the gyro braking will compare to the Xicoy LG-15 that I'm currently using. I really like the idea of programming everything through the Device Explorer on my DS-24, can't wait to give this a try -Tom
Old 12-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Tip22v

I finally got to play around with some of the telemetry this past weekend, here is screenshot from the Jeti Studio App. My jet is configured with two R3 receivers and a CB200. I figured out how to display the Q% on the flight path using different colors for the various Q% values (not shown in the picture), however does any one know if there is a LUA app (or other app) that can analyze multiple receivers (in my case four antennas and two Q% values) and illustrate where the lowest collective antenna strength/Q% values are located on the flight path? I.e. I'm interested in knowing if there are any portions of my flight path that result in a collectively low antenna signal/Q% values. I was able to export the log file to a spreadsheet, then figured out which columns contained the antenna signal strength and Q% for each receiver. From there I was able to filter the log file, then did some conditional formatting to turn cells red if the signal strength was less than 5 and Q% was less than 50%. From there I simply scrolled through the spreadsheet and was able to see that at no time during this flight did I ever have all four antennas below signal strength of 5 and at no time did I ever have a Q% on both receivers of less than 5 (at the same time). I'm inferring from this data that my antenna positioning inside the jet is adequate?
Am I on the right track with my analysis, any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thx, Tom
Old 12-02-2019, 11:50 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Just pre-ordered at Aeropanda, I'm curious how the gyro braking will compare to the Xicoy LG-15 that I'm currently using. I really like the idea of programming everything through the Device Explorer on my DS-24, can't wait to give this a try -Tom
as with all new hardware we need to find out , we tested some systems but not all.
most of the gyro stuff is done on my rebel Pro.
so we could not test all brake systems larger or smaller , so we might need to do some fine tuning.
advantage is you can set it from the TX to find the sweet spot.
for me i use 3 brakes also one on the front that has 80% and the mains 100 all on pulse.
this was for me the hardes brake points.!

let us now , we have a separate Thread here on rcuniverse. post us your findings.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Tip22v

as with all new hardware we need to find out , we tested some systems but not all.
most of the gyro stuff is done on my rebel Pro.
so we could not test all brake systems larger or smaller , so we might need to do some fine tuning.
advantage is you can set it from the TX to find the sweet spot.
for me i use 3 brakes also one on the front that has 80% and the mains 100 all on pulse.
this was for me the hardes brake points.!

let us now , we have a separate Thread here on rcuniverse. post us your findings.
Thx. Once I get the unit and fly with it I will post my findings on the appropriate Digitech thread. -Tom
Old 12-02-2019, 12:13 PM
digitech

Thx. Once I get the unit and fly with it I will post my findings on the appropriate Digitech thread. -Tom
superb
you can always contact me on facebook under digitech aerosports for a fast answer.
we dont look here every day.
BR Sandor
Old 12-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Tip22v

superb
you can always contact me on facebook under digitech aerosports for a fast answer.
we dont look here every day.
BR Sandor
Roger that, thx!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:42 AM
ZB

Few new items from Jeti are due in next few weeks:
Jeti Soft Case
Jeti Transmitter Switch Expander Module TDx MSW (Up to 6 Inputs)
Jeti Transmitter Extended Slide Levers Vertical DS

Zb/Jeti USA

Transmitter Soft Shell Case Jeti Duplex
Jeti Transmitter Extended Slide Levers Vertical DS (2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	trans-case-soft-shelln.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	2265889

Name:	trans-case-soft-shell2n.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	2265890

Name:	jeti-trans-extended-levers-v-dsn.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	2265891
Old 12-08-2019, 12:37 PM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default REX 12 UDI16 into PB Mercury

I'm running a fairly complex setup in that I'm using a REX12 and R900 with Enlink into RX1 on the PB. Then I've got the R3 going into RX2 . I've also got an additional R3 as a switch and this is all a real tight fit into a BVM 1/7 F-18...I've use all 15 output slots on the PB (and that's with a Y on two of them as a piggy back way of powering the REX12 and R900 individually, as required by Enlink)....So far it's working great and I did some bench testing prior to installing in the jet. I've just realized I had forgotten to account for the smoke system and need an additional output to control the smoke pump, ideally mixed off the throttle or at least controlled by the throttle stick.

So my thought is to go into device explorer on the REX12 and assign an output to servo, say output 3 for example. My question is can I have a receiver configured for UDI 16 output and also assign a function coming out one the servo slots on the actual REX12?

Thanks

Old 12-10-2019, 01:33 PM
winter1

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys, I will order the central box Jeti. I need him in my JET T1 Fortuna. I'm preparing it for next season.
Which would you recommend? CB 210 or CB 220. I know the difference between them, but I have no experience.
So far I've been using the PoweBox. ***winter***
Old 12-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by winter1
Hi guys, I will order the central box Jeti. I need him in my JET T1 Fortuna. I'm preparing it for next season.
Which would you recommend? CB 210 or CB 220. I know the difference between them, but I have no experience.
So far I've been using the PoweBox. ***winter***
I have several CB200 in my jets, I have a couple of the CB220 for my 2 new jets, never had problem with the fuses......so no reason for the CB210 for jets.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Tip22v

Has anyone seen this error? I've tried re-seating the cable that connects the switches/levers on the back panel but I keep getting this error pretty frequently. If I click on OK my switches SA and SB don't work, which control my Retracts and Flaps. This issue has been on-going since I got my DS-24 about a year ago, but it has recently started happening much more frequently and it's also becoming more and more difficult to resolve. E.g. this past Sunday at the field it took me 15 minutes of turning it on and off to get it recognize the switches and operate correctly, needless to say after all that I decided it was not safe to fly until I got this sorted out. I'm really interested in pre-ordering a DS-12 for my Helicopters but this issue is making me think I might be better off just keeping my DX-18. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. - Tom
UPDATE: I got my DS-24 back from James at Esprit yesterday. Initial tests look good. I turned it on several times, switching to different models that previously resulted in the above error, and no sign of the error! James thinks that something got corrupted and that re-flashing the firmware fixed it. So, if anyone runs into this problem where the error message just keeps randomly popping up try re-flashing your firmware before you send it back for repair as this might save you several weeks and the cost of shipping -Tom
Old 12-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Tip22v

Anyone know if the videos in post #683 will ever be made public again? I currently use Flight Modes to control my flaps, but I'm not using the Butterfly feature (or I don't know I am) and am wondering if I can fine tune my setup. The issue I'm having is that the flaps seem slightly out of sync with each other, i.e. one flap seems to move slightly slower or slightly faster than the other. I have meticulously checked the push rod lengths and servo arm lengths to make sure they are the same. I have this setup on four different jets and they all have the same issue so I'm thinking it's got to be something in the way I have the radio programmed. Thanks for the help. - Tom
Old 12-11-2019, 08:27 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Anyone know if the videos in post #683 will ever be made public again? I currently use Flight Modes to control my flaps, but I'm not using the Butterfly feature (or I don't know I am) and am wondering if I can fine tune my setup. The issue I'm having is that the flaps seem slightly out of sync with each other, i.e. one flap seems to move slightly slower or slightly faster than the other. I have meticulously checked the push rod lengths and servo arm lengths to make sure they are the same. I have this setup on four different jets and they all have the same issue so I'm thinking it's got to be something in the way I have the radio programmed. Thanks for the help. - Tom
Do you have any delay set in the "SERVO" menu? There are multiple places where you can set a delay to slow down flaps but I would check the servo menu to make sure they are the same.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:55 AM
winter1

Originally Posted by Dansy
I have several CB200 in my jets, I have a couple of the CB220 for my 2 new jets, never had problem with the fuses......so no reason for the CB210 for jets.
Ok Dansy, I'll order 220.
There are four channels for powerful servos (up to 60kg), where I connect the ailerons and flaps?
So far I have dealt with the settings for the giant acrobats, I fly with.
I know you're good at setting up for JETs /Dansy, Tip22v..../. I'll ask you for help when setting up my first JET. ***winter***
Old 12-12-2019, 03:00 AM
Dansy

I wasn’t saying you need the 220 LOL, just that for jets, the fuses are of no concerned....I have been flying with the CB200 in my other jets without any problems, the servo don’t demand what a 3D Large gas plane would need for servo power.

More then glad to help in anyway I can.....I don’t know everything, and I’m constantly learning...which is a good thing.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:05 AM
winter1

I know you didn't say "you need 220". I take your statement as a recommendation of an experienced JET pilot. ***winter***

Last edited by winter1; 12-12-2019 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:12 AM
Dansy

Smile

I know you didn't say "you need 220". I take your statement as a recommendation of an experienced JET pilot. ***winter***
Great, just wanted to make sure....
Old 12-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Do you have any delay set in the "SERVO" menu? There are multiple places where you can set a delay to slow down flaps but I would check the servo menu to make sure they are the same.
I do have delay set for flaps, I will double check to make ive got them set the same, thanks for the suggestion. -Tom
Old 12-12-2019, 11:24 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I do have delay set for flaps, I will double check to make ive got them set the same, thanks for the suggestion. -Tom
Since you're using flight modes to control flaps, you can simply use the flight mode delay to control the flap deployment rate with no delays used in the servo settings.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:42 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Possible exception being flaps, depending on size of flaps, linkage/horn geometry, etc. JS

Originally Posted by Dansy
I wasn’t saying you need the 220 LOL, just that for jets, the fuses are of no concerned....I have been flying with the CB200 in my other jets without any problems, the servo don’t demand what a 3D Large gas plane would need for servo power.

More then glad to help in anyway I can.....I don’t know everything, and I’m constantly learning...which is a good thing.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Tip22v

Ok Dansy, I'll order 220.
There are four channels for powerful servos (up to 60kg), where I connect the ailerons and flaps?
So far I have dealt with the settings for the giant acrobats, I fly with.
I know you're good at setting up for JETs /Dansy, Tip22v..../. I'll ask you for help when setting up my first JET. ***winter***
Been flying turbines for 8+ years but I’ve only been flying with Jeti radio for about a year so still a newb, but happy to help however I can. -Tom

Last edited by Tip22v; 12-12-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.