Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 11:16 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Jeti DS-24

Well, after that radio thread, Jeti really piqued my interest. Not so much for my buddy who was getting back into jets.

I still love my 12x MV, but all the goodies available on the DS-16 and now there is a DS-24 coming out!

Triple redundancy, Vibrating Gimbals ("haptic"), color screen, etc....

What's the story Jeti? When is it coming out?

I'm glad I still have time to enjoy my 12x!
Old 12-18-2015, 04:44 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

The DC-24 (tray version) was recently received by Esprit tech and will be going for FCC certification soon. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-4-ghz-94.html thread # 2344. The DS24 (hand held) version is expected by mid 2016.

Just last week a new firmware was released for the DC/DS 16 (firmware 4.0) which increased the capabilities of the DC/DS 16 to 24 channels.

In in my opinion it's the best radio on the current market.

David
Old 12-19-2015, 07:00 AM
roydefiant

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Well Stated David
JETI equipped

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gricehawk.jpg
Views:	10507
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	2136558  
Old 12-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not quite DS-24 yet, but DC-24 is very very close.

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 12-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Jethead

I'd love to be in a position to handle a DS-24 & a DC-24 side by side. Used to the hand held transmitters but have been using trays for years now. Might as well use a tray type transmitter.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:24 AM
ravill

Okie dokie then.

I'll keep my 12x until then!
Old 12-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Jeti USA

I took couple of pictures of the screen, this thing is incredible bright. No problem reading it outside on the sun.

Also you can see:
Voice Commands Setup
Microphone
FM Tuner, FM Radio

Zb/Esprit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7713.JPG
Views:	1136
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	2136918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7727.JPG
Views:	1021
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	2136919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7729.JPG
Views:	1061
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	2136920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7732.JPG
Views:	867
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	2136921  
Old 12-21-2015, 11:39 AM
ravill

Wow. Will it pick up my clothes from the cleaners??!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 08:23 PM
gonzalom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my next radio but the DS version. I will keep my DX18 G2 for just the BnF stuff.

Gonzalo
Old 12-23-2015, 12:40 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just subscribe to the jeti thread on here. you will get good info..
Old 12-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Jeti USA

Default Merry Christmas From Esprit Tech/Jeti USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmBflVY8sqk

Old 12-25-2015, 01:18 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

David,

This statement really peaked my interest:

"Just last week a new firmware was released for the DC/DS 16 (firmware 4.0) which increased the capabilities of the DC/DS 16 to 24 channels."

I have been reading all the ver 4 upgrade information and I am missing where this is stated.

Not calling you out, but if I can see this on the vendor site there is no need to buy a DS-24. The green DS-16 upgraded with ver 4 is the ticket for me.

Can anyone find this on the vendor web site? Where did I miss it?

Thanks
Scott
Old 12-25-2015, 02:35 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by csandt051196
David,

This statement really peaked my interest:

"Just last week a new firmware was released for the DC/DS 16 (firmware 4.0) which increased the capabilities of the DC/DS 16 to 24 channels."

I have been reading all the ver 4 upgrade information and I am missing where this is stated.

Not calling you out, but if I can see this on the vendor site there is no need to buy a DS-24. The green DS-16 upgraded with ver 4 is the ticket for me.

Can anyone find this on the vendor web site? Where did I miss it?

Thanks
Scott
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx
Old 12-25-2015, 07:46 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Wow first sentence. Sorry I completely missed that.

Sorry

scott.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:58 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Scott..

Go for it custom color Jeti DS16 on version 4 software...

David
Old 12-26-2015, 03:46 AM
Air Works

Will the new 24 series come with touch screen's? It's always been a disappointment with previous Jeti radios as touch screen make the process easier rather than having to scroll through options
Old 12-26-2015, 09:49 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Air Works
Will the new 24 series come with touch screen's? It's always been a disappointment with previous Jeti radios as touch screen make the process easier rather than having to scroll through options
Nope, it's a color screen but, not a touch screen. Pro's and con's to each. Personally, I absolutely hate my Mini Ipad's touch screen. So many times have I "touched" the wrong part and gone somewhere I didn't want to go. Can't imagine what a PITA that would be on my Tx. I prefer the Jeti scroll wheel.

Mike
Old 12-26-2015, 05:42 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

As a Futaba user I posted earlier in this thread in favor of Jeti over Futaba, stating that if I didn't already have an investment in an 18mz (plus a fleet of Futaba receivers) and was starting from scratch I'd go Jeti.

In light of the above posts about touch screens though, its only fair to mention that the touch screen on the 18mz is very handy. I love it and don't find selecting the proper function to be a problem at all.

I find very little similarity between the use of an iPad mini (which I also own) and the programming of a transmitter, and based upon my personal experience I'd say any comparison between the two, unfavorable or otherwise, is quite a stretch.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:37 AM
Jeti USA

We had this discussion back and forward for long time. When we asked pilots over 80% prefer NOT to have touch screen over large display on the bottom of the radio. In real life tiny icons, sunlight, dusty fields, glow/gas fuel with oil and sweaty fingers with emergency situation do not mix well.

With voices, gyros and addition of new voice interface, all of us are using screen less and less of the time.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-27-2015, 06:53 AM
dubd

The touch screen on my 18MZ isn't as useful while flying. However, it's extremely useful for setting up my planes. Navigating a dial/physical buttons is a PITA versus tapping on the UI affordance on-screen. Asking consumers (pilots) what they want will only give you biased info based on previous transmitter touch screens they've used in the past. Aside from the 18MZ, most of those touch screen user interfaces are on antiquated transmitters. Build a prototype of a touch screen UI and a non-touch screen UI and I'm 100% sure most will prefer the touch screen. The computing industry has figured this out a long time ago and the ones who didn't are no longer as relevant.

Last edited by dubd; 12-27-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Actually the dial setup on the Jeti is very user friendly. The servo setup menu makes fine tuning the surfaces a snap
Old 12-27-2015, 08:07 AM
dubd

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Actually the dial setup on the Jeti is very user friendly. The servo setup menu makes fine tuning the surfaces a snap
I wouldn't expect a "Team Jeti" rep to say anything different. . To be clear, I'm not saying the dial UI on the Jeti is bad. I haven't used it, so I can't comment. My response was to Jeti USA dismissing touch screens in general. I plan to get a DS-24 when it comes out to try for myself. I'm a fan of what Jeti is doing.

Last edited by dubd; 12-27-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:16 AM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
The touch screen on my 18MZ isn't as useful while flying. However, it's extremely useful for setting up my planes. Navigating a dial/physical buttons is a PITA versus tapping on the UI affordance on-screen. Asking consumers (pilots) what they want will only give you biased info based on previous transmitter touch screens they've used in the past. Aside from the 18MZ, most of those touch screen user interfaces are on antiquated transmitters. Build a prototype of a touch screen UI and a non-touch screen UI and I'm 100% sure most will prefer the touch screen. The computing industry has figured this out a long time ago and the ones who didn't are no longer as relevant.
Exactly. While Futaba has clearly missed the telemetry boat - an aspect at which Jeti excels - Futaba's touch screens are excellent and there's no reason at all to say otherwise. I'm guessing that any "survey" in which 80% of users supposedly said they didn't want one was severely flawed in terms of population analysis.

The Jeti Rep statement above "... In real life tiny icons, sunlight, dusty fields, glow/gas fuel with oil and sweaty fingers with emergency situation do not mix well..." does NOT itself, ironically, reflect real life for this 18mz user.

One might as well just say "If we didn't include it then you shouldn't want it", which sounds arrogant and/or like pathetic excuse making, and does not represent the Jeti brand any better than when Futaba defenders insist that telemetry is useless.

Last edited by highhorse; 12-27-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:49 PM
BobH

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I looked at Jeti for several years. I mean I looked hard! My bud has the DC16 tray version which I used for a bit.
It's ok.. the ergonomics for the DS 16 are just OK.. Hard Corners bulky appearance of a Dated design.
The Software though is very good. I have no doubt about that. It will do just about anything you want.
For me, a long time 14 MZ user, The 18 Mzh was the logical choice. I do like the touch screen. Always have in fact.
One thing I did learn was that I don't have a NEED for a Radio that can do everything under the sun... That's just me
The Telemetry for the 18MZ is plenty sufficient for what I need.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I wouldn't expect a "Team Jeti" rep to anything different. . To be clear, I'm not saying the dial UI on the Jeti is bad. I haven't used it, so I can't comment. My response was to Jeti USA dismissing touch screens in general. I plan to get a DS-24 when it comes out to try for myself. I'm a fan of what Jeti is doing.
Originally Posted by highhorse
Exactly. While Futaba has clearly missed the telemetry boat - an aspect at which Jeti excels - Futaba's touch screens are excellent and there's no reason at all to say otherwise. I'm guessing that any "survey" in which 80% of users supposedly said they didn't want one was severely flawed in terms of population analysis.

The Jeti Rep statement above "... In real life tiny icons, sunlight, dusty fields, glow/gas fuel with oil and sweaty fingers with emergency situation do not mix well..." does NOT itself, ironically, reflect real life for this 18mz user.

One might as well just say "If we didn't include it then you shouldn't want it", which sounds arrogant and/or like pathetic excuse making, and does not represent the Jeti brand any better than when Futaba defenders insist that telemetry is useless.
Originally Posted by BobH
I looked at Jeti for several years. I mean I looked hard! My bud has the DC16 tray version which I used for a bit.
It's ok.. the ergonomics for the DS 16 are just OK.. Hard Corners bulky appearance of a Dated design.
The Software though is very good. I have no doubt about that. It will do just about anything you want.
For me, a long time 14 MZ user, The 18 Mzh was the logical choice. I do like the touch screen. Always have in fact.
One thing I did learn was that I don't have a NEED for a Radio that can do everything under the sun... That's just me
The Telemetry for the 18MZ is plenty sufficient for what I need.
Is Jeti not capable of accepting constructive criticism of any kind, or fathom that not everybody loves their radio for personal reasons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.