Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti assist reciever

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti assist reciever

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 11:06 AM
raymond34f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquilon
Hello all,

Does somebody tried REX Assist with CB200 ?

Here is my setup :
TX in Double Path mode
CB200 - V1.27
RX1 : REX6Assist in EX Bus mode - Failasfe disabled - Binded to Primary TX - V1.07
RX2 : RSAT in EX Bus mode - Failsafe disabled - Binded to Secondary TX - V3.25

It seems do not switch to RX2 in Dal Path mode when turned off the primary TX modul : all servos are in Hold and do not respond to TX.

Another feedback ?

Best regards.

Stéphane
bonsoir Stéphane
As tu une autre adresse sur le forum JETI France pour communiquer en français ?
Je voudrais t'interroger sur l'affectation des voies de commande du gyro, car les RX Assist ne sont pas encore disponibles pour nous.
cordialement
Raymond
Old 12-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Aquilon

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Bonjour Raymond,

Tu peux me retrouver sur Jeti France sous mon nom : Stéphane PERUSSAULT

A+

Stéphane
Old 12-06-2017, 10:50 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted to know if anyone has set up different gains for clean, T/o flap and landing flap? What's the correct procedure with the Assist Rx? Activating the gyro menu had no difference to the gain like we do for the cortex and 3e.
The wizard went though smoothly for initial gyro configuration and has preset gains which can be changed by going into the menu, how do we set the initial gain in flight?

Thanks Chatty
Old 12-07-2017, 03:48 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c_makhija
Wanted to know if anyone has set up different gains for clean, T/o flap and landing flap? What's the correct procedure with the Assist Rx? Activating the gyro menu had no difference to the gain like we do for the cortex and 3e.
The wizard went though smoothly for initial gyro configuration and has preset gains which can be changed by going into the menu, how do we set the initial gain in flight?

Thanks Chatty
You should be able to do this using the extra channel assignment menu by assigning gain channels to use with the gyro function in the transmitter. You could also assign an "Assist flight mode" channel to allow you to select Assist off, Normal / Damping or Heading Hold modes for any given aircraft flight mode (clean, T/O, Landing). If you can assign Roll, Pitch and Yaw gain channels and an Assist flight mode channel you should be able to create any combination desired by setting the gyro gain menu to S instead of G and by creating gyro functions for Yaw Pitch and Roll gains and then also setting the Function Curves for those functions to S instead of G so you can automatically assign the appropriate values for each flight mode.

I know this is a vague description but hopefully this will get you started and then we can answer more specific questions as needed.

While I've read the manual for the Assist I don't actually have one since they aren't available in the US yet,
Old 12-07-2017, 11:03 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the hard part has been finding the WS2812 LEDS.....
Old 12-08-2017, 02:40 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wfield0455
You should be able to do this using the extra channel assignment menu by assigning gain channels to use with the gyro function in the transmitter. You could also assign an "Assist flight mode" channel to allow you to select Assist off, Normal / Damping or Heading Hold modes for any given aircraft flight mode (clean, T/O, Landing). If you can assign Roll, Pitch and Yaw gain channels and an Assist flight mode channel you should be able to create any combination desired by setting the gyro gain menu to S instead of G and by creating gyro functions for Yaw Pitch and Roll gains and then also setting the Function Curves for those functions to S instead of G so you can automatically assign the appropriate values for each flight mode.

I know this is a vague description but hopefully this will get you started and then we can answer more specific questions as needed.

While I've read the manual for the Assist I don't actually have one since they aren't available in the US yet,
Did go into the channel assignment menu, but could not do much. Will be home only next week, will play around more with your suggestions.

Thanks Chatty.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:51 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

With the issues of the CB200 RX1 vs RX2, I am thinking about using an RX12 Assist with a R3 satellite. Power will be supplied by the dual battery gizmo. Would be in a BM F-16 using all 12 channels and HV servos. Any comments?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:12 PM
DepecheMode101

I have 12A and Rex 3 how do I set up Rex 3 as satellite?

cheers
Old 12-09-2017, 04:56 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by tp777fo
With the issues of the CB200 RX1 vs RX2, I am thinking about using an RX12 Assist with a R3 satellite. Power will be supplied by the dual battery gizmo. Would be in a BM F-16 using all 12 channels and HV servos. Any comments?
Should be perfectly fine. I have and REX12 with an R3/RSW secondary in my Avanti with a DSM10 battery share / magnetic switch. While not an Assist receiver it's the same basic configuration and it works perfectly..
Old 12-09-2017, 05:04 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
I have 12A and Rex 3 how do I set up Rex 3 as satellite?

cheers
On the REX121 A you would need to configure either E1 or E2 as a PPM input and configure the REX3 for PPM output. Assuming you want to use them in dual path (as opposed to clone) then use the Advanced, Wireless menu to select dual path and then power only the REX12A and bind as primary. Then power only the REX3 and bind as secondary.Connect the REX3 to the REX12A via a male to male and power the entire system. Connect a servo to any servo port of the REX12A and a second servo to a servo port of the REX3, power the system and verify both servos operate correctly. If both servos work properly use the Advanced, Wireless menu again and disable the Primary RF section by pressing F1 and following the instruction.With the primary RF disabled both servos should still operate properly if the REX3 is properly configured / connected. If this all works then you can disconnect the test servo from the REX3 and you should be all set.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:39 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On the REX121 A you would need to configure either E1 or E2 as a PPM input and configure the REX3 for PPM output. Assuming you want to use them in dual path (as opposed to clone) then use the Advanced, Wireless menu to select dual path and then power only the REX12A and bind as primary. Then power only the REX3 and bind as secondary.Connect the REX3 to the REX12A via a male to male and power the entire system. Connect a servo to any servo port of the REX12A and a second servo to a servo port of the REX3, power the system and verify both servos operate correctly. If both servos work properly use the Advanced, Wireless menu again and disable the Primary RF section by pressing F1 and following the instruction.With the primary RF disabled both servos should still operate properly if the REX3 is properly configured / connected. If this all works then you can disconnect the test servo from the REX3 and you should be all set.
wow.....that sounds so simple, lol
seriosly though I’m enjoying the Jeti system and all the cool features....definitely a bit of a learning curve at times..I still haven’t figured out what all this UDI, PPM, PWM stuff is all about...but that’s what you techy guys are here for ��. and yes I’m following the 9000 page RC groups thread...��

Last edited by flyloose; 12-09-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:54 AM
DepecheMode101

thank you

cheers
Old 12-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
the hard part has been finding the WS2812 LEDS.....
You can get them on Banggood. I use them on my quads all the time.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:03 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by tp777fo

so I just want to make sure I’m on the same page, is the cb200 having issues by itself or is it with the cb200 hooked up the assist RX causing the issue??
Old 12-10-2017, 05:41 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Not knocking Jeti but the way the CB200 works with dual RX could be better. As I understand it, it only uses RX1 until RX1 totally fails. RX1 could have a better signal at times but RX 1 would still be used even if RX2 has a better signal. The CB does offer some power supply protections I would lose with the single RX. What I really plan to do is go back to JR if their recovery continues. I feel the DMSS with dual RX is a more robust link. JR lacks Jeti telemetry capability but I have more trust in DMSS vs FHSS.. Ford vs. Chevy
Old 12-10-2017, 05:54 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Geez.....I have been flying with CB200 since they were available.....and I never had a problem until the cortex pro, which I now have removed.....I have 5 CB200, 1 CB100 And 1 CB400....
Old 12-10-2017, 06:05 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Geez.....I have been flying with CB200 since they were available.....and I never had a problem until the cortex pro, which I now have removed.....I have 5 CB200, 1 CB100 And 1 CB400....
What about a CB 200 with PowerBox igyro 3e, any known issues or challenges with that setup? That’s kind of what I was planning until things get a bit more sorted out with the assist stuff
Old 12-10-2017, 07:17 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

CB200/Cortex Pro combos are being successfully flown by hundreds all over the worlds. Yes there were a couple guys who had an issue but this has been sorted out for a while now. I’m sure the Assist RX will eventually be a good product as well.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:23 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
so I just want to make sure I’m on the same page, is the cb200 having issues by itself or is it with the cb200 hooked up the assist RX causing the issue??
Yes and no. In the past we had always assumed that the CB200 used RX1 and Rx2 in a similar fashion to what Spectrum does with their remotes, which is as long as any receiver receivers properly then the central box servos would be updated using the one with valid data. In other words if Rx1 fails to receive, look at Rx2, if Rx2 received the frame properly use it's data to update the servos. A very simpl ppriority scheme which makes sense because there is no concept of "best signal" with this type of digital data, you receive it correctly or you don't. this was always the assumption since the is required in order to have antenna diversity due to signals being blocked by objects within the airplane.

One of our more clever posters did some detailed testing and was able to determine that the Central Box never uses the data from Rx2 until RX1 has failed to receive 14 consecutive frames (140ms) which corresponds to a Q value of about 7%, even if RX2 received all of those 14 frames perfectly. Then if Rx1 receives a single frame, it switches back to Rx1 for anther 14 frames. As long as RX1 is performing poorly but not completely dead, RX2 will never be used to update the servos in a meaningful way.

This is purely a software issue and can easily be resolved so I wouldn't panic. in reality, if you have a major interference issue it's unlikely that 1 receiver will get the signal while the other doesn't due to the nature of our transmission's (frequency hopping, etc). So the reality is that Rx2 on a CB200 acts more like a backup receiver should RX1 fail or become disconnected than as a second receiver providing antenna diversity to resolve issues due to shadowing within the aircraft, etc. It's disappointing but not the end of the world.

Hopefully Jeti will make it a priority to update the firmware to improve this situation and with the hardware available in the Cb200 there is no technical reason it can't be done.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:31 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by flyloose
What about a CB 200 with PowerBox igyro 3e, any known issues or challenges with that setup? That’s kind of what I was planning until things get a bit more sorted out with the assist stuff
The issue I'm discussing is purely a CB200 firmware issue and has nothing to due with the Cortex Pro, iGyro, or whether they are connected to a CB200 via wiring looms, etc.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:38 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

There is no “issue” with the CB’s. They operate exactly as they were intended to operate.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:11 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
There is no “issue” with the CB’s. They operate exactly as they were intended to operate.
Since Jeti claims that dual path provides antenna diversity and it doesn't when used with a central box, I think i have to disagree.

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-10-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:53 AM
JoeJr1485

Wonder if and how long will it take Jeti to look in to and fix this issue?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Wonder if and how long will it take Jeti to look in to and fix this issue?
What issue is that?
Old 12-10-2017, 10:22 PM
JoeJr1485

What issue is that?
the issue that is being discussed.... have you not being reading? It may not be an issue it may just be a concern. I on the other hand find it to be an issue. I love my Jeti products and want to make sure all of them work properly. So let just say that you lost rx1 and what I am getting out of what others are saying is that it takes 14 missed frames before the CB will switch over to RX 2. how fast are those frames being sent and received? But what if the time it’s takes the CB to switch over RX 2 is too long? Possible aircraft gone. Who knows. 14 lost frames before the switch from rx1 to rx2 to me is not the best RF signal redundancy that I would settle on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.