Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti assist reciever

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti assist reciever

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Remco45

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news regarding the issue of Assist receivers sending out stabilized EX bus signals even without receiving TX signal.

Today I've received an e-mail from Jet stating that they are fully aware of the Assist receivers giving out signals even when there is no reception from the transmitter. This will be fixed in the next update for the Assist receivers. Release is expected around end of february (maybe March).
Old 01-12-2018, 01:42 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Well I found another thing the Assist won't do and that is stabilize UDI output. Since they have a separate"Stabilze EX Bus" control for the Central Box I'm not surprised but I had hoped it would. Hopefully at some point Jeti will update the firmware to stabilize either UDI or EX Bus output so that it can be used for power expanders like Power Boxes or my XPS24 instead of just the Central Box.
Hi Wayne

we make a 2 port and a 4 port expander for jeti EX bus to Servo
this little device can expand your 7 or 12 channel assist to 11 or 16 channels stabilised.

read more here : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ts-%2A%2A.html
Old 01-12-2018, 05:32 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech
Hi Wayne

we make a 2 port and a 4 port expander for jeti EX bus to Servo
this little device can expand your 7 or 12 channel assist to 11 or 16 channels stabilised.

read more here : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ts-%2A%2A.html
Good to know and you're certainly coming out with some very useful products which I think is great. However in my case the issue wasn't really the number of channels but rather power distribution as this particular plane has 11, 500 in/oz servos and devices such as the XPS24 provide not only an extremely high current power bus but also automatic servo balancing which since I have 3 servos per Aileron is nice.. Since my XPS24 accepts Jeti UDI it would have been nice to be able to simply replace the receiver with an Assist and have a flight stabilizer in this airplane. Perhaps Jeti will decide to stabilize UDI in the future instead of just EX Bus
Old 01-14-2018, 05:46 AM
gbrod
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1A kai
Hii all,

I've tested new Assist12 receiver with my electric Me163(Delta scheme)
The result was very horrible !!

Suddenly lost response of only aileron and when operated elevator it recoverd response many time of test flight.
i've check the flight log of Q value, it was fine.
i guess this system have some soft bugs yet.
the same happened to me. now thst I read this it is definitively a problem, i hope jeti is monitoring
Old 01-14-2018, 05:57 AM
jthomas235
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by gbrod
the same happened to me. now thst I read this it is definitively a problem, i hope jeti is monitoring
Exact issue? Same wing type and rx?

I have less than a dozen flights with a rex7a to date but will be installing a rex11a in a new F16 soon. Wonder if problem is isolated to the larger channel Rex assist rx?
Old 01-14-2018, 05:57 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Flown a R7 assist, and it works well....
Old 01-14-2018, 06:59 PM
gbrod

Yes, same exact issue
Mine was calibrated, working fine
On the 3rd flight, suddenly the plane made several spiral rolls, I throttled back and when I pulled it suddenly stabilized. when I let go of elevator it would roll again
I also had a switch on/off as suggested, it stopped working.

happy flying
George
Old 01-14-2018, 07:00 PM
gbrod

Another issue, here are my settings:
In mode 1, normal mode, only ailerons (all others are X out). Gyro seems to control only ailerons (which is what I want for testing)
In mode 2, normal mode, only elevator (all others are X out). Gyro definitively is also acting on ailerons ??
In mode 3, normal mode, only rudder (all others are X out). Gyro definitively is also acting on ailerons ??
Am I missing anything, this setting should allow me to test only one axis at a time
Old 01-15-2018, 03:22 AM
jthomas235
My Feedback: (2)

George,

Thanks for the follow up. Now I’m really concerned and will have to come up with another plan for my new model. I would have thought turning the gyro off would work as a bail out plan.

Since my plan was to use a Rex 10 assist (not a 11 as I listed above), our equipment is not exactly the same but still raises concern. Perhaps I’ll pull the Rex 7A out of my test bed plane (cheap foamy) and install the 10 assist to see if I can duplicate your issue.

Would you you confirm your wing type? Delta, 2 ailerons/2 flaps, tail type?

Thanks!

John

Last edited by jthomas235; 01-15-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:04 AM
ZB

I would suggest contacting James at Esprit Tech he can help you to setup Assist receiver correctly. We tested all of them, they work fine but you have follow certain steps.

Also here we started official Jeti Assist thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...gramming-Telem

Last edited by ZB; 01-16-2018 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:06 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got around 20 flights on my 3D foamy and around 8 flights on a foamy funjet. So far the gyro seems to be doing fine. Both with a Rex 7A.

Chatty.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:25 AM
philjac94

Test flew a Rex7A in a Sports Glider in 35kmh wind and it performed great. Have now installed a Rex10A in my 1:6 F16 CB200 and Rsat in Double Path. Finished the setup and all is doing what it should.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM
haisanjafri

Hi Friends,

Sorry for posting my issue in this threat which might not be relevant.

I have DS 16 + R14 Receiver + RSAT Receiver. I wish to bind both receivers in Dual Path Mode to have redundancy for all the channels. These receivers are installed in a BVM Bandit. I need detailed procedure how I can accomplish this task i.e Binding both receiver in Dual Path to have redundancy for my Jet.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2018, 11:40 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by haisanjafri
Hi Friends,

I have DS 16 + R14 Receiver + RSAT Receiver. I wish to bind both receivers in Dual Path Mode to have redundancy for all the channels. These receivers are installed in a BVM Bandit. I need detailed procedure how I can accomplish this task i.e Binding both receiver in Dual Path to have redundancy for my Jet.

Thanks
rtfm? Or go to the espirit page and see the videos.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:16 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by haisanjafri
Hi Friends,

Thanks
You will find what you need right here....

Jeti Video

no need to be rude.......
Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

hello guys.

So far I have a mixed feeling with the assist receivers....
I set-up a rex7a in a 3D foamy and that seems to work fine.
I also set-up a rex12a in a sportjet and that is a complete different ball game and so far not usable for jets!!
Somehow the assist can't handle with mixers, flight modes and maybe trims on "separate" as well.
Scenario1:
I use 3 flight modes (start-cruise-landing). On "landing mode" the flaps will go down, aileron up (crow) and elevator compensation. The "assist" sees this as "stick input" as I can see this in the "primary channel assignment" menu.
This is of course completely wrong. What happens is when in landing mode and switching assist on and off, the flight controls surfaces jumps with sticks in neutral.

Scenario2:
In menu "function assignment" I made a function "nose wheel steering" with trim control on P8. In menu "free mixes" I made a mix "rudder to nose wheel steering". When gyro off, the P8 trim works as it should be, affects only the nose wheel steering! When gyro on, the rudder is also affected when turning P8. Very very strange.

So far this is what I discovered and who knows if there a more bugs in the assist rx!
Does anyone have more luck in setting up there jet?
Old 02-22-2018, 10:12 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Didier
hello guys.

I also set-up a rex12a in a sportjet and that is a complete different ball game and so far not usable for jets!!
Somehow the assist can't handle with mixers, flight modes and maybe trims on "separate" as well.
Scenario1:
I use 3 flight modes (start-cruise-landing). On "landing mode" the flaps will go down, aileron up (crow) and elevator compensation. The "assist" sees this as "stick input" as I can see this in the "primary channel assignment" menu.
This is of course completely wrong. What happens is when in landing mode and switching assist on and off, the flight controls surfaces jumps with sticks in neutral.

Scenario2:
In menu "function assignment" I made a function "nose wheel steering" with trim control on P8. In menu "free mixes" I made a mix "rudder to nose wheel steering". When gyro off, the P8 trim works as it should be, affects only the nose wheel steering! When gyro on, the rudder is also affected when turning P8. Very very strange.

So far this is what I discovered and who knows if there a more bugs in the assist rx!
When you say flight controls jump when you turn the Assist on/off with in a flight mode with elevator compensation, which controls ? I would expect that if the only change is elevator compensation, then only the elevator would move. Do other controls move as well ? Does it behave properly (elevator smoothly moves to new position) if you leave the Assist on and simply select a flight modes with elevator compensation ?

As for the Nose Wheel Steering (NWS), I suspect the Assist treats all controls tied to the Yaw axis as a single function as far as stabilization goes so if the center on any control stabilized by the Yaw axis changes then all other Yaw axis controls get affected as well. If that is the case, I would think disabling stabilization on the NWS function may solve the problem with the rudder shifting with NWS trim.

I'd be curios to here more if you decide to experiment further.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:46 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

hello guys.

Scenario1:

Scenario2:

I'm not quite to that point yet but I will be setting up a jet in the same way soon.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Didier

When you say flight controls jump when you turn the Assist on/off with in a flight mode with elevator compensation, which controls ? I would expect that if the only change is elevator compensation, then only the elevator would move. Do other controls move as well ? Does it behave properly (elevator smoothly moves to new position) if you leave the Assist on and simply select a flight modes with elevator compensation ?

As for the Nose Wheel Steering (NWS), I suspect the Assist treats all controls tied to the Yaw axis as a single function as far as stabilization goes so if the center on any control stabilized by the Yaw axis changes then all other Yaw axis controls get affected as well. If that is the case, I would think disabling stabilization on the NWS function may solve the problem with the rudder shifting with NWS trim.

I'd be curios to here more if you decide to experiment further.
No, It really jumps to a new neutral. It is not only the elevator that get's a new neutral but also the ailerons and rudder! You can say calibrate the control sticks in "landing mode" but then you have the problem in cruise and take-off mode as well. I can see what the problem is. You only can calibrate the stick in one condition. I really don't understand why the assist don't look to the stick position ONLY. How hard is it for the Jeti guys to program the Assist so it only look to the hall sensors of the sticks. Problem solved.

As for the NWS, you might be right. I think I tried all the scenario's and don't have any idea's anymore to get this working. Hopefully somebody else is giving it a try and maybe my rex12A is just a bad one but somehow I have the feeling it is just wrong software.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:18 AM
philjac94

Have Assist Rx's in 3 Turbine Jets so far and all working perfectly. One of the jets is a 1:6 F16. I use only Dampening mode.
The issue with Trim dial affecting rudder appers when your Yaw Calibration is out. Even if its only a few %. Whenever trim is changed in flight, calibration of sticks is required.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Didier

Originally Posted by philjac94
Have Assist Rx's in 3 Turbine Jets so far and all working perfectly. One of the jets is a 1:6 F16. I use only Dampening mode.
The issue with Trim dial affecting rudder appers when your Yaw Calibration is out. Even if its only a few %. Whenever trim is changed in flight, calibration of sticks is required.
Good to hear you have succes with your assist receivers but I guess I can't explain my problem properly.
I use 3 flight modes (trims separate).
-take-off mode: different dual rates, expo's, flap 10 degree's, elevator compensation
-cruise mode: different dual rates, expo's, flaps up
-landing mode: different dual rates, expo's, flaps 45 degrees's, elevator compensation, CROW

I fly jets for more then 10 years this way. If you say calibrate stick? In which mode you mean? In my point of view you ONLY can calibrate sticks in ONE mode.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:32 AM
wfield0455

Good to hear you have succes with your assist receivers but I guess I can't explain my problem properly.
I use 3 flight modes (trims separate).
-take-off mode: different dual rates, expo's, flap 10 degree's, elevator compensation
-cruise mode: different dual rates, expo's, flaps up
-landing mode: different dual rates, expo's, flaps 45 degrees's, elevator compensation, CROW

I fly jets for more then 10 years this way. If you say calibrate stick? In which mode you mean? In my point of view you ONLY can calibrate sticks in ONE mode.
I think philjac94 is on to something as far as the NWS goes. It does look like the Assist simply doesn't tolerate ANY trim changes on any control on any given axis. In other words, you would need to trim your NWS to steer straight on the ground with the Assist OFF, then lock that setting down using sub-trim, etc and then disable the trim function and re-calibrate the sticks. I don't see this as being a particular problem as I've been doing this with the Aura 8 for quite a while now and once I learn the new centers and re-calibrate, I've never needed to change the trims again. The Aura however tolerates minor trim changes for things like elevator compensation, knife edge mixes, etc, without any problems at all. In order to be useful in anything other than simple sport models the Assist will also need to be able to tolerate minor mixes and trim changes required for flap deployment, etc. It doesn't sound like it's there yet which is a bit disappointing as this is a pretty basic requirement for things like Jets and warbirds which make up a huge part of the market that they should be targeting.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 AM
digitech

I think philjac94 is on to something as far as the NWS goes. It does look like the Assist simply doesn't tolerate ANY trim changes on any control on any given axis. In other words, you would need to trim your NWS to steer straight on the ground with the Assist OFF, then lock that setting down using sub-trim, etc and then disable the trim function and re-calibrate the sticks. I don't see this as being a particular problem as I've been doing this with the Aura 8 for quite a while now and once I learn the new centers and re-calibrate, I've never needed to change the trims again. The Aura however tolerates minor trim changes for things like elevator compensation, knife edge mixes, etc, without any problems at all. In order to be useful in anything other than simple sport models the Assist will also need to be able to tolerate minor mixes and trim changes required for flap deployment, etc. It doesn't sound like it's there yet which is a bit disappointing as this is a pretty basic requirement for things like Jets and warbirds which make up a huge part of the market that they should be targeting.

I think the nosewheel is Didiers least of all problems.

like he said you can not even use Crow or Down elevator on a Flightmode switch, since it counts as a stick input.
so it will not work...
Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Didier

I understand what you say regarding the NWS. Like Sandor says it is the least problem but the thing is, it is not a fancy mix and NWS (P8 trim) is a slave to rudder.
I don't know if it is technically possible but to solve this problem is to send raw stick input data (from hall sensors) to the RX as well or give the possibility to calibrate sticks in every flight mode and assist mode.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:12 AM
Mylo

Didier,

If, after recalibrating the Yaw Control you find that the rudder continues to move with P8 trim, then I would recommend that you go into Free Mixes, delete the mix and then reinstate it.

Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.