Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 02:36 PM
Big Sky
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Is the gear moving with original JP controller?

I'm wondering if connecting servo into gear port would do damage???
Yes gear is working with the JP controller, maybe it did damage it somehow, cant see how though.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:47 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts

Can you post a photo of your gear connections to the controller?
Old 10-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Yes gear is working with the JP controller, maybe it did damage it somehow, cant see how though.
I don’t know never tried to connect servo in those port...but if the gear work..you did connect a battery in the MPX port?
Old 10-15-2020, 03:17 AM
Big Sky

Originally Posted by Dansy
I don’t know never tried to connect servo in those port...but if the gear work..you did connect a battery in the MPX port?
Yes Battery connected, I think its a bad unit, tried different pin position on gear out, with volt meter between gear and controller and cant get any voltage reading coming out no matter which way I use pin set up.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:58 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Have you tried using the MAN EXTEND/RETRACT method to test the retracts? I would recommend resetting the unit to factory settings, then try MAN EXTEND. If you do this and the gear work, then the problem is likely in your gear door sequencer settings. -Tom

Last edited by Tip22v; 10-15-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Big Sky

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Have you tried using the MAN EXTEND/RETRACT method to test the retracts? I would recommend resetting the unit to factory settings, then try MAN EXTEND. If you do this and the gear work, then the problem is likely in your gear door sequencer settings. -Tom
Yes, Tried that also, no action, how do you do a factory reset, I'll try that, If that don't work, then its for sure done, brand new to, that sucks, but, like you said, maybe hooking a servo to it did something, not sure. maybe it back fed power through signal wire some how, beats me.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Big Sky

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Can you post a photo of your gear connections to the controller?
I could, But I know there right, using standard JR connector with negative in bottom pin and positive in middle pin, tried moving positive to top with negative in bottom, still no action, no matter what, I cant get any voltage to come out the gear side, servo side is fine, shows voltage on all servo connections,
Old 10-15-2020, 01:26 PM
Bob_B

The red wire and black wire are on the outside The connector you will notice my connectors turned around to get the correct direction of travel on the retracts
Here’s a photo of the gear correctly connected to the controller
Old 10-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Big Sky

Originally Posted by Bob_B

The red wire and black wire are on the outside The connector you will notice my connectors turned around to get the correct direction of travel on the retracts
Here’s a photo of the gear correctly connected to the controller
You were right, my wiring was wrong on the gear output side, all working good now, thanks for the help everyone has provided.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:36 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
A servo clearly will not work. Servos have three wires. Landing gear operators have two. On my prolink gear operator, the ground is in pin 1 and the power wire is in pin 3 (i.e. normally where the signal wire is). The gear operator's connector may be configured wrong if its connector has a wire in the center position of the connector. If the gear operator's wires are in Pin 1 and 3 then plug the connector in so that the wires are reversed. Or if the wires are correct in the gear operator's connector. It could be trying to drive the gear operator against the stop and the current limit is being reached. Also, the current limit setting may need to be increased enough to drive the gear. Again, a servo will not work as there is no signal being sent to it.
Guess you were referring to the above post. Eh? Just wanted to make sure that it is clear for future readers that on the gear wire harnesses the VDC+ power wires have to be moved in the JR connector to where the signal wire normally is. I first picked up on that when I read the original manual on the first LGC15 that I got. The lesson here is: It helps when one reads the manual or even the posts that people send when people are trying to help! It also helps, for the first time, to set the gear and controller up with a Rxer connected and do the testing on the bench before installing the gear. That way you do not have to deal with any other wires or settings other than the gear. Sometimes reading and making new systems work up on the bench first make life a lot easier. But I am glad you got it figured out. Once you get the settings adjusted correctly, you will love the controller. No more break dancing and veering period.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:42 PM
Big Sky

OK, Next problem I'm having, NO Steering, Using Aux 5 on receiver for steer in to the lg15, mixed to rudder in transmitter. If I pull the steer in lead out of the receiver and plug the steering servo straight into the receiver all works fine, so I know its receiving a signal to steer. But running from aux 5 to steer in on controller, then hook servo to steer out on controller, it don't work, so I know the transmitter is sending steer command to controller, but the controller is not sending steer command out. I zeroed out all the gyro setting in controller to see if that was set up wrong, but still cant get the steering to work when using LG15, only works when steering servo is connected direct to aux 5 on receiver. Any Idea's ?
Old 10-27-2020, 03:51 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Big Sky
OK, Next problem I'm having, NO Steering, Using Aux 5 on receiver for steer in to the lg15, mixed to rudder in transmitter. If I pull the steer in lead out of the receiver and plug the steering servo straight into the receiver all works fine, so I know its receiving a signal to steer. But running from aux 5 to steer in on controller, then hook servo to steer out on controller, it don't work, so I know the transmitter is sending steer command to controller, but the controller is not sending steer command out. I zeroed out all the gyro setting in controller to see if that was set up wrong, but still cant get the steering to work when using LG15, only works when steering servo is connected direct to aux 5 on receiver. Any Idea's ?
‘I know why...I have encounter that before.......the LG15 stop the steering with the gear up...and right now it knows the gear is UP, do a relearn...

Yes your switch is down and the gear is down...but the controller is up

a quick test switch the gear up and try the steering....
Old 10-27-2020, 05:46 PM
Bob_B

If thats the case you just turn the retract plugs 180 degrees in the controller
Old 10-27-2020, 05:49 PM
Bob_B

Btw you can just name the steering channel rudder in the tx NO need to create a mix. As you are learning the steering turns off when gear retracts.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:14 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

I have a LGC-13. It was working okay but the gear was down and the controller said they are up. So I started to try and change settings. I'm using the screen form my X45. Not it don't work.
Is there a way to reset it to factory settings? I cannot figure out how to scroll thru the menu and change things. Its not user friendly. Why cannot it be plugged in to a computer? Is there a better controller?
I'd switch to the JP controller I have but then I have to redo all the wire ends.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:20 PM
Bob_B

Simply reverse the gear plugs in the controller so if they’re currently red the red black to black make it black to red and red to black
Old 10-30-2020, 12:46 PM
jvaliensi

I messed it up so bad that it does work at all.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:47 PM
Tip22v

I'll reach out to Gaspar and ask him how to factory reset. -Tom
Old 10-30-2020, 03:45 PM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I have a LGC-13. It was working okay but the gear was down and the controller said they are up. So I started to try and change settings. I'm using the screen form my X45. Not it don't work.
Is there a way to reset it to factory settings? I cannot figure out how to scroll thru the menu and change things. Its not user friendly. Why cannot it be plugged in to a computer? Is there a better controller?
I'd switch to the JP controller I have but then I have to redo all the wire ends.
You could make short adapters until you get the LGC 13 is sorted out
Old 10-30-2020, 04:16 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I messed it up so bad that it does work at all.
‘Are you using the LG13 with JP gear or Electron?
Old 10-30-2020, 05:30 PM
jvaliensi

I am using JP gear. I finally got it working.
The screen doesn't refresh very quickly and I was scrolling thru too fast for it.
I had to reverse the polarity of the gear to make it work.

Thanks for all the tips.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:49 AM
Tip22v

I heard back from Gaspar, I’m always amazed at how quickly he responds

There is no “factory reset.” He said you can copy the config from another unit and load it though. If someone has one new that they have not yet programmed they could save their settings to a microSD card and that could be used to effectively reset to factory settings. If not, I’d be happy to share my settings file. -Tom
Old 10-31-2020, 07:01 AM
Dansy

[QUOTE=Tip22v;12641633]I heard back from Gaspar, I’m always amazed at how quickly he responds

There is no “factory reset.” He said you can copy the config from another unit and load it though. If someone has one new that they have not yet programmed they could save their settings to a microSD card and that could be used to effectively reset to factory settings. If not, I’d be happy to share my settings file. -Tom[/QUOTE

Theres something I don’t understand....as far as I know you cannot used the LG13 because it’s not programable by the user like the unlock LG15?? And there’s no sd card on that one??
Old 10-31-2020, 07:16 AM
Tip22v

[QUOTE=Dansy;12641636]
Originally Posted by Tip22v
I heard back from Gaspar, I’m always amazed at how quickly he responds

There is no “factory reset.” He said you can copy the config from another unit and load it though. If someone has one new that they have not yet programmed they could save their settings to a microSD card and that could be used to effectively reset to factory settings. If not, I’d be happy to share my settings file. -Tom[/QUOTE

Theres something I don’t understand....as far as I know you cannot used the LG13 because it’s not programable by the user like the unlock LG15?? And there’s no sd card on that one??
I’m assuming that the original poster meant LGC-15 based on how he was describing his issue, and because this thread is only about the LGC-15. Perhaps that was a bad assumption, can the guy with the issue confirm his unit has a screen and is in fact an LGC-15, and not an LGC -13?
Old 10-31-2020, 07:18 AM
Dansy

I went by what he wrote 🤷🏻‍♂️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.