Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 05:46 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

There rated to 2 amps, That means you can pull a little more. But there only rated to 2 amps .Fine for your RX but I wouldn't trust it for much else.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:09 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkF
There rated to 2 amps, That means you can pull a little more. But there only rated to 2 amps .Fine for your RX but I wouldn't trust it for much else.
‘Well been using them for a few years on the Retract and lights....works fine
Old 12-23-2020, 08:26 AM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If a connector isn't up to the task, it will get warm or hot to the touch. That's the only real way to tell unless you measure the amp draw. It's funny when i see a gyro with 2 ec3 plugs coming out of it, I think, that looks over kill. lol
Old 02-03-2021, 07:19 AM
klaasgesk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
I would like to understand where exactly do we need to be carfull with in terms of voltage. I plan to connect the unit to JP er-120 retracts and was wondering if I should be carfull with the battery directly connected to the unit (Jeti Power Ion 3100 Mah) or the current coming from my box (Smooth Flite 16) to gear IN port? I can tell that my box provides exactly 7.4v. I want to make sure not to burn my retract motors (Of course the motor setup is already done on the unit).
Old 02-03-2021, 08:25 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by klaasgesk
Hi All,
I would like to understand where exactly do we need to be carfull with in terms of voltage. I plan to connect the unit to JP er-120 retracts and was wondering if I should be carfull with the battery directly connected to the unit (Jeti Power Ion 3100 Mah) or the current coming from my box (Smooth Flite 16) to gear IN port? I can tell that my box provides exactly 7.4v. I want to make sure not to burn my retract motors (Of course the motor setup is already done on the unit).
According to this, the 120's look good for 2S but please don't take my word for it. Check the chart halfway down the page that I link and come to your own conclusion or contact JP through the site to confirm.

https://www.jphobby.eu/en/retract-ge...-optional.html
Old 02-11-2021, 04:50 AM
klaasgesk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

Does someone know the LG15 motors setup for the JP ER-150 retracts?

I have the correct settings for the JP ER-120:
Nose (Amp): 0.5
Mains (Amp): 0.5
Max. Time: 7
Unload. T.: 0.10
Old 02-11-2021, 07:42 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi All,

Per Shane when I contacted him
ER-150: 1.25A ER-200: 1.8A for cut off amps. The max time and unload factors are up to you but I would keep them short.
Tone
Old 02-11-2021, 07:45 AM
Dansy

Hi All,

Humm....150 would be T-1 size...if so this what I got from Shane he’s the dude for JP retract....

The retract of our ER-150 start max current is about 1.2A. the working current is about 0.8A.
not suggest to use with other brand controller
Old 02-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
Per Shane when I contacted him
ER-150: 1.25A ER-200: 1.8A for cut off amps. The max time and unload factors are up to you but I would keep them short.
Tone
‘Now that’s funny, I still got his message.....I copy and paste to my post.....
Old 05-21-2021, 02:21 PM
demolish

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any insight to what I'm doing wrong here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to get my new LGC 15 working right but I'm wondering if the gyro is borked or something.

On the main screen, when I apply brakes, you can see that one brake is applied significantly harder then the other. This occurs on startup, after plugging in the power and no yawing has occurred. I've been very careful to make sure I don't move the plane at all. The brake limit on both sides is the same.

Also, heading hold or proportional doesn't appear to change the behavior, I would have thought HH would try to return the plane to a heading but it does not, just applies the brake for a second and reverts to the previous state vs holding in that state until the plane is back on the heading. That's not how HH works on my helis. So maybe I have two problems, I don't know.

If I set the brake gyro to 0, of course it shows the bars even. It's like gyro is not re-centering.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:51 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I attached a file that lists what I used initially to set the the LGC15 initially in my Ultra Flash. Once I got out to the field I did some minor tweaking. But this setup worked just fine.

You may want to consider resetting it and starting from scratch. Your gains and nose wheel directions could be different.

I think I wound up with it set to proportional. I will check that tomorrow at the field and get back to you.

Also attached are the final setting for my T-1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LGC 15 Initial Settings.pdf (397.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf
T-1 LGC 15 Final Settings.pdf (35.8 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Len Todd; 05-21-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:07 PM
demolish

double post

Last edited by demolish; 05-21-2021 at 04:22 PM. Reason: double post
Old 05-21-2021, 04:08 PM
demolish

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I attached a file that lists what I used initially to set the the LGC15 initially in my Ultra Flash. Once I got out to the field I did some minor tweaking. But this setup worked just fine.

You may want to consider resetting it and starting from scratch. Your gains and nose wheel directions could be different.

I think I wound up with it set to proportional. I will check that tomorrow at the field and get back to you.

Also attached are the final setting for my T-1
Thanks.

I did not see a factory reset option anywhere. But I did go over it one screen at a time.

You'll see in the below video how the brake gyro appears to be thinking there is yaw but there is not. Right before the video, I literally just plugged it in. I also go through the config.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/M3V4M1rR8TFEqhB98

Old 05-21-2021, 06:06 PM
demolish

Here is a little bit better video since that last one was terrible. Notice HH mode on.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PZyRFzZrejQVWAfD9
Old 05-22-2021, 04:32 AM
Len Todd

This one is a bit different from mine. I have one that was not programmed for a specific model. But they basically work the same. There are just some extra features that are allowed when you get one that is not programmed for a specific set of gear. However, ...

The gyro is working. As you change the orientation of the deck, you can see the LGC trying to steer using the brakes. That is what it is supposed to do. Also, once the unit is initialized, it looks like the braking signal is dropping back to zero.

Have you monitored the Brake PWM signal coming from the Rxer into the LGC? It would be interesting to know what the PWM signal was when you see the LCG responding unexpectedly. But, once it is on, the Gyro is controlling the braking as you turn the deck. That is what you want. I did notice that one time it looked like you had so much brake on the one side that the brake would probably have locked up. I took mine out to the field and run it up and down the runway to get the brakes adjusted so that they did not lock up. I have found that each plane's brakes are a little different and it take some final tweaking to get it right for each plane. But once the LGC gets dialed in, all I do is push the slider all the way forward and the plane comes to a nice smooth stop all by it self. No more brake dancing and it is a nice straight stop. Time to take that plane out to a straight runway and do some tweaking.

Last edited by Len Todd; 05-22-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:40 AM
demolish

Originally Posted by Len Todd
This one is a bit different from mine. I have one that was not programmed for a specific model. But they basically work the same. There are just some extra features that are allowed when you get one that is not programmed for a specific set of gear. However, ...

The gyro is working. As you change the orientation of the deck, you can see the LGC trying to steer using the brakes. That is what it is supposed to do. Also, once the unit is initialized, it looks like the braking signal is dropping back to zero.

Have you monitored the Brake PWM signal coming from the Rxer into the LGC? It would be interesting to know what the PWM signal was when you see the LCG responding unexpectedly. But, once it is on, the Gyro is controlling the braking as you turn the deck. That is what you want. I did notice that one time it looked like you had so much brake on the one side that the brake would probably have locked up. I took mine out to the field and run it up and down the runway to get the brakes adjusted so that they did not lock up. I have found that each plane's brakes are a little different and it take some final tweaking to get it right for each plane. But once the LGC gets dialed in, all I do is push the slider all the way forward and the plane comes to a nice smooth stop all by it self. No more brake dancing and it is a nice straight stop. Time to take that plane out to a straight runway and do some tweaking.
I agree, it is supposed to attempt to steer, however it's attempting to steer before I even move the deck. Also, after I move the deck, it is not performing as if HH mode is on. As in attempting to correct until the correction is made. It attempts sometimes, sometimes it holds it, sometimes it doesn't. I would expect it to behave like this one:
. Notice how it attempts to hold the correction until the correction is made. Mine is just randomly doing whatever it wants.

**Editing because I linked the wrong time in the video **
Old 05-22-2021, 05:45 AM
demolish

So I decided to do some taxi testing just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, it wants to make left circles any time the gyro and the brakes is on. I can get somewhat straight braking without the gryo. That matches what I see in the LGC screen where it is always applying more brake on the left. I'm guessing the MEMS gyro is just borked and always sensing a turn to the right and it's trying to always correct.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:51 AM
Dansy

Just a taught, I did that mistake once…..I had my cortex pro fighting the GS-200……was doing something similar, (I taught the CP wasn’t set for the Steering)
Old 05-22-2021, 05:58 AM
demolish

Originally Posted by Dansy
Just a taught, I did that mistake once…..I had my cortex pro fighting the GS-200……was doing something similar, (I taught the CP wasn’t set for the Steering)
I don't have any other gyro in the plane.

I really appreciate your guys' help. I may just have to replace it.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:10 AM
Len Todd

I would contact Gaspar or Dirk, if that LGC actually came with a T-One.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:18 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi,
Does the LGC-15 make the brakes of JP gear perform better, as in a bit modulation?
Old 06-02-2021, 05:23 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
Hi,
Does the LGC-15 make the brakes of JP gear perform better, as in a bit modulation?
Yes, it pulses the brakes like an anti lock system and has gyroscopic control to keep the plane straight when braking.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:12 AM
Len Todd

I have used both. the LGC15 is by far better!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:09 AM
demolish

Replaced the LGC. The new one seems to be acting right.

Do you guys run the "serv. off" setting to keep the door servo's from getting hot? Do your doors come open in flight if you do?

When the nose door servo holds the door closed, it gets hots, 130 degrees in 10 minutes to be exact. There is no binding, its simply holding the door up. I can actually push the door closed a bit more with my hand and the servo shuts up and cools off. Cycle that door again though and its back to egg frying time. I've looked over this thing for about 6 hours, its literally just the tiny bit of weight from that door. I got the Accutorq 110 on it.
Old 06-18-2021, 03:19 AM
Dansy

Either the servo is not up to part, meaning might be defective or the torque mention by the factory is not really true…..or the arm is too long, I normally try to get the highest resolution (sometime difficult for doors depending on geometry)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.