Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JEEMO Turbine Glider Set Up

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JEEMO Turbine Glider Set Up

Old 03-31-2022, 05:02 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
Was there a reason you didn't order from the USA dealer, Soaring USA?
MKS 6130 or KST X10 are very good wing servos.
Good Luck with build!
A few reasons: SUSA is way more expensive, about $500 more and I still can’t figure out if that includes a dolly, which might make the cost difference around $700. Plus, SUSA does not offer the X45 mounting rails, plus SUSA does not appear to offer the red carbon version (preferred, but I’m flexible on color).
None of that matters now because Digi-tech has refused to sell to me because I am in US, even though their website indicates shipping to US is available. This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and now I’m thinking about just bagging the whole project, which is a bummer because the Jeemo looks like a real hoot to fly. -Tom

Last edited by Tip22v; 03-31-2022 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:17 AM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Maybe you can order directly from glider-it?
Old 03-31-2022, 07:10 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Didier
Maybe you can order directly from glider-it?
I’m going to call the folks at SoaringUSA today first to better understand the situation. I can understand wanting to push business to host country dealers, but if the host country does not sell what you need (X45 turbine mounts) then forcing me to buy something that is not the right config seems like a bad business practice, especially if the price is significantly higher.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:20 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts

Hi,
Gliders IT will not sell direct to you in the USA. They support their dealer - Soaring USA. (I've tried. They will respond to your queries and you can place the order with their online system, but they refer you to Soaring USA)
I see a bare model is 1750 Euro, with exchange rate, shipping being around $500 and the fact that Soaring must make a profit to be in business, their price of $2200 seems fair.
I don't know how hard it would be to self modify the K45 mounting to use a X45, but a clever modeler could work it out and call it 'fun'. I know they will order you the one you want with all the trimings. I've bought a couple Glider It models fomr Soaring USA as custom orders and all went well.
On the other hand, I've seen this glider pop up for sell at RCG classifieds a couple times.
There was a dolly for sell on RCG this week. I bought one from Aloft Hobbies for $60. I think it be funner to make a frame for an RC truck, so you don't have to chase the dolly back.

Good hunting!
Old 03-31-2022, 09:13 AM
Tip22v

1750 is correct, but that includes VAT, which US does not pay. Without VAT the base model with the X45 mounts rather than the K45 mounts is 1529 euros, or about $1700, which is $500 less than Digitech. I agree shipping is probably more than the 144 euros calculated on the Digitech website though.
Anyway, I don’t want to get hung up on money, none of us are in this hobby because we are afraid to spend some cash I’m a big supporter of the local companies providing support for our aircraft and understand they need to be able to make it work for them financially.
The key things for me are delivery time, getting a color scheme that I don’t hate, and the X45 brackets.
I really appreciate the perspective everyone is providing, helps me think about these issues in a different light -Tom
Old 03-31-2022, 11:04 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
1750 is correct, but that includes VAT, which US does not pay. Without VAT the base model with the X45 mounts rather than the K45 mounts is 1529 euros, or about $1700, which is $500 less than Digitech. I agree shipping is probably more than the 144 euros calculated on the Digitech website though.
Anyway, I don’t want to get hung up on money, none of us are in this hobby because we are afraid to spend some cash I’m a big supporter of the local companies providing support for our aircraft and understand they need to be able to make it work for them financially.
The key things for me are delivery time, getting a color scheme that I don’t hate, and the X45 brackets.
I really appreciate the perspective everyone is providing, helps me think about these issues in a different light -Tom
When they first appear on FB, I wanted one glider-it was asking 750.00 usd for shipping…nice glider but over priced I think…so I got the DG-800 from CARF instead…

And yes Soaring USA didn’t have the scheme I wanted….and some were complaining that they didn’t get a tank there’s…

As well……RPM Jets in Canada have them (special order) with a low price of 1k for shipping….
Old 03-31-2022, 12:26 PM
FlyJ

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of my take-offs will be off paved runway so I will be installing the brake mod that DrScoles did for his dolly. I'm pretty stoked about this one, I hope to have it ready for the summer flying season. -Tom
Are you planning to land this on a paved runway too? It's been my biggest concern surround this plane. I want one badly but solely fly from paved runways.
Old 03-31-2022, 12:46 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by FlyJ
Are you planning to land this on a paved runway too? It's been my biggest concern surround this plane. I want one badly but solely fly from paved runways.
only planning takeoff from pavement, landings will be in grass.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:50 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The key things for me are delivery time, getting a color scheme that I don’t hate, and the X45 brackets.-Tom
Look at my post #13, modifying the stock K45 mounts for the X45 is easy if you have access to a mill, if not you should be able to find a small machine shop.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:03 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Look at my post #13, modifying the stock K45 mounts for the X45 is easy if you have access to a mill, if not you should be able to find a small machine shop.
Thanks, I know someone I think can mill the K45 mount for me.
I heard back from Rick at Soaring USA yesterday. He told me they have some Jeemo gliders coming in and might know more in a couple of weeks, so I’m in hold mode for now. Given everything going on with supply chain etc it’s anybody’s guess as to when one might be available. In the meantime, I have plenty of other jets to fly while I wait. Tom
Old 04-01-2022, 06:12 AM
jvaliensi

I like gliders and jets. But I'm on the fence with a turbine powered sailplane. It's too heavy to thermal and jets fly better aerobatics and speed. Seems like the worst of both worlds. It may be fun, but I think the novelty would wear off soon.
But I am fascinated by it.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:24 AM
RCISFUN

One other note about modifying the stock K45 mount for the X-45, besides enlarging the pocket length, my photo doesn't show the extra notches I needed to make to clear the X-45 strap screw heads, you need to notch the aluminum for the screw heads to clear as the X-45 fits up close to the mounting rails.
The stock drilled an tapped holes for the K 45 will work but you need to elongate the holes on the X-45 straps very slightly.
Old 04-01-2022, 04:27 PM
Tip22v

One other note about modifying the stock K45 mount for the X-45, besides enlarging the pocket length, my photo doesn't show the extra notches I needed to make to clear the X-45 strap screw heads, you need to notch the aluminum for the screw heads to clear as the X-45 fits up close to the mounting rails.
The stock drilled an tapped holes for the K 45 will work but you need to elongate the holes on the X-45 straps very slightly.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated. -Tom
Old 04-01-2022, 08:10 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi, would it be possible for you to give some measurement of the modification. I have to do it for mine. Just received the X45.

Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
Asif (04-02-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 04:05 PM
RCISFUN

Basically you want to extend the cut out in the aluminum mounting rails by .18" on either side to provide clearance for the mounting strap of the X-45, additionally you need to provide clearance for the turbine strap mounting bolt heads by removing material from the aluminum mount..
The blue circles are the tapped holes in the Jeemo K-45 mount, so you will need to oblong the X-45 mounting strap holes slightly.

Last edited by RCISFUN; 04-08-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2022, 04:30 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you.

Behzad
Old 04-10-2022, 08:56 PM
D PAYNE
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is everyone holding their wings on?
Old 04-11-2022, 05:28 AM
RCISFUN

Hello David,
I bought mine used, so the wing retention system was already been built in.
It is a plastic lock, the wing has a plug and the fuselage had the receptacle that the plug snaps into....See photo in my post #19
That being said I am a but uneasy about the integrity of this system... I have been told some people will use a strip of tape in conjunction with the lock system.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:07 AM
jvaliensi

Hi,
Taping the wings on is a common practice for high performance F3F gliders. This method has some advantages: The tape will give during a hard landing and this may prevent damage. It seals the gap and makes the glider ever so slightly more efficient. And its cheap and reliable.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:45 PM
RCISFUN

Here is a link to the wing locking system, it is made by Multiplex, and it is called multi Lock

https://alofthobbies.com/multiplex-m...k-uni-set.html

I also attached the manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 04-11-2022, 10:11 PM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

This is how I do it. Glued in a carbon rod and with an M3 bolt I secure the wing. This method you see most of the times at horizontal stabilizers.

Old 07-19-2022, 11:32 PM
Speedrick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JEEMO battery config

Hello,

As completition of my JEEMO is now in the phase of the electronics installation, I was wondering which battery setup is used. Does a 2 pack installation, for receiver power, is the norm, or do we use a single pack to power the receiver/servo’s, without redundancy?
It looks quite space limited upfront, knowing that the turbine (Kingtech is waiting to be installed) also requires a dedicated battery pack.

Grts,

Eric

Last edited by Speedrick; 07-19-2022 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2022, 11:42 PM
Speedrick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was in contact with the Glider It team, and this Multilock system was their recommendation too.
Must admit I’m a bit sceptic about this. Looks OK, even for a 4m glider, but I’m doubtful about using
such on a high speed, high G pulling turbine glider as the JEEMO.

Didier’s solution seems more then a solution, but not to keen to drill a hole in the wing to guide the fixation hole.
Did somebody considered pulling a thread (M3 or M4)in the steel wing joiner?
My thoughts are that Glider It had to build in an acceptable engineered means of wing fixation, as this is at the end
a rather important element in this glider concept. Anyway, we will find a solution for this….

Rgrds,

Eric
Old 07-20-2022, 06:16 AM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by Speedrick
Hello,

As completition of my JEEMO is now in the phase of the electronics installation, I was wondering which battery setup is used. Does a 2 pack installation, for receiver power, is the norm, or do we use a single pack to power the receiver/servo’s, without redundancy?
It looks quite space limited upfront, knowing that the turbine (Kingtech is waiting to be installed) also requires a dedicated battery pack.

Grts,

Eric
If you look at post #12 in this thread I used two batteries, one for receiver and one for Turbine, I do this in all of my jet set up's since 2008, I am guessing this will cause some people concern and will be debated.
To date I have not had a battery related failure, thank goodness.
Speedrick (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 04:04 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Eric, I drilled and tapped the metal spar.... 10+ flights, no problem. Someone else asked about batteries.... Just two. You could even do one, if you put a regulator on the life pack.. The turbine takes almost nothing out of that pack. I posted pics of my battery installation above
Speedrick (07-20-2022)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.