Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JEEMO Turbine Glider Set Up

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JEEMO Turbine Glider Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2023, 03:31 AM
zx6rg2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jemmo

Hi could anyone tell me if you have used the heat cloth that’s supplied with the kit and if so how have you fitted it thank you
Old 04-01-2023, 05:19 AM
Speedrick

Hi,

Surely used the provided hig speed tape - protection shield on the area, close to the exhaust.
Applied it as a normal decal, water with some cleaning detergent product, so you can slide it until it fits as you want.
Then squize the fluid under the tape with a spatula and let it dry overnight. Works nicely.

Old 06-06-2023, 01:37 PM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What set up are people currently using ? C of g movements and flaps, are people using the flaps on a slider too. ?
Old 06-07-2023, 12:26 AM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisE1
What set up are people currently using ? C of g movements and flaps, are people using the flaps on a slider too. ?
-CG slightly forward of recommended by Glider-It.
-Flaps/crow as recommended by Glider-it
-Landing mode condition: Flaps/crow proportional controlled by my throttle stick. Stick middle to up is turbine idle to full power.
Stick middle to down:
1 turbine stays idle or off.
2 Flaps/crow neutral to deployed (fully proportional).
Works amazingly.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:51 AM
LewisE1

Thanks for the info, so having proportional crow and flaps is essential ? or just a nice to have ?
Old 06-07-2023, 01:08 AM
Speedrick

Hi,

All the same as Didier, but programmed a “Landing” flat mode, which deactivates the turbine control from the throttle stick function. (Normally, the turbine is at idle or OFF for landing)
In stead, the throttle function controls my butterfly in this landing mode, so I can keep the thumbs on the sticks at all time.

Just one remark is that I’m suspecting a incorrect incidence angle of the stab. In every phase, the elevator had to be trimmed up about 2mm, which is way to much.
Shifting the CG gives no change. Plan is to measure the incidence later this week, and adapt the stab accordingly. Suspect I’ll have to shim 1mm approx.
my s/n of the Jeemo is 2049, and I know that a fellow Jeemo pilot, with a slightly newer one had to trim up around the same.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:31 PM
LewisE1

one more question are the aileron measurements of 15mm up and 10mm down being measured at the tip or root ? seems a lot if at the tip ??
Old 06-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Speedrick

Hi,

Certainly at the root of the aileron.
Donˋt forget to dail in some expo too, this will smoothen the turns.

Greets,

Eric