Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren Turbines USA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren Turbines USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wren Turbines USA

I guess the only outstanding issue is "Can Ron supply cakes to the North American market ? "

Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 AM
WrenTurbines

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

Dave here, we met at winnymac....I just received my ELAN today. Ron is setting me up with a super sport, and will start on it soon.

Dave,
Your SuperSport is in transit to the USA - it's in Ron's suitcase and he should be getting on the plane about now. I daren't give him cakes to bring back because I didn't want him arrested at the airport for smuggling dangerous substances ....

Wayne, Ron is also into cooking - he's already famous as a grill chef at jet rallies. Maybe one day I'll come over and provide the dessert to follow Ron's barbecued chicken!

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 02-16-2008, 08:41 AM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Congrates,

Ron looking forward to doing some buiss. As We are getting ready to install a Wren Turbo Prop in my new Tucono.

Ronald R Long
Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Pantherman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent news! Looking forward to having a US distributor for Wrens. Sara, will Ron have all the parts I need to convert an MW54 III from manual start to full auto start? I need to get those from you all soon.

Woody
Old 02-16-2008, 03:39 PM
WrenTurbines

Yes, Ron will have the necessary parts, but not yet - there was a limit to what he could carry and some of his stock will be shipped out over the next couple of weeks.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 02-16-2008, 06:03 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: WrenTurbines

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

Dave here, we met at winnymac....I just received my ELAN today. Ron is setting me up with a super sport, and will start on it soon.

Dave,
Your SuperSport is in transit to the USA - it's in Ron's suitcase and he should be getting on the plane about now. I daren't give him cakes to bring back because I didn't want him arrested at the airport for smuggling dangerous substances ....

Wayne, Ron is also into cooking - he's already famous as a grill chef at jet rallies. Maybe one day I'll come over and provide the dessert to follow Ron's barbecued chicken!

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines

Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Pantherman

Thanks Sara!

Woody
Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

I've just returned home from the UK......what an amazing trip. I cannot thank Mike Murphy, Roger & Sara Parrish, Jules, Richard, Gavin, Stevie and John of the Wren team enough for their patience. It will take a few weeks to arrange inventory, and tool up for the more complicated repairs, but I am confident that the savings in time to get this amazing engine back to it's owners will greatly enhance the product support and allow our Wren family to grow.

I can be reached at the shop 7am to 5 pm weekdays at 260-724-8936
Cell 260-701-8936.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86718.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	880641  
Old 02-17-2008, 10:45 AM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Thanks , Sara for the great service on the battery.

Michael Grant
Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 AM
WrenTurbines

We've received a question from a customer about Wren sales in the USA. Just to make it clear, JetHangar International are still Wren dealers, and Peter Ayache at Altecare is still our dealer in Canada. Ron Ballard at Wren USA is adding to Wren's capabilities in the USA, not replacing anyone else. We're hoping all the Wren people will work together as a team, expanding our sales and service in the USA.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 PM
josecilurzo

welcomme in America`s
I have 3 jetcats, but, I want buy a WREN 54 SUPERSPORT, and, now I believe if is possible, the price and maintenance in USA is more easy to us.

jose [8D]
Old 03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Wren Turbines USA

Jose,
I have them in stock.............

Also:

As for the above statements made by Sara, we have established Wren Turbines USA to offer fast service for our USA customers that Larry and Cindy of JHH have aquired and Peters' Canadian customers, along with readily available inventory of parts for repairs and upgrades. All of this along with easy access to tech support.
My cell # is 260-701-8936.

best regards,
Old 03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

Do you have a website for the turbines?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Wren Turbines USA

The website is being developed by Chris Parrish. It's close but not yet operational. Just give me a call if you have any questions. It will be basically the same as the Wren website, only in American dollars.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:27 AM
billbolz

Default Wren 44i

[i recently bought a Wren 44i turboprop motor, unused new in the box. There was no data display terminal included. Was there supposed to be one included and if not how do I order one?
Old 03-02-2023, 07:01 PM
jetflyr

Originally Posted by billbolz
[i recently bought a Wren 44i turboprop motor, unused new in the box. There was no data display terminal included. Was there supposed to be one included and if not how do I order one?
= = = == = = =

You need to contact Turbine Solutions, in the UK. (www.turbinesolutions.co.uk). They have purchased all the Wren "stuff" and Paul should be able to help you.
Greg
Old 05-27-2023, 06:15 PM
Harvey Mushman
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by jetflyr
= = = == = = =

You need to contact Turbine Solutions, in the UK. (www.turbinesolutions.co.uk). They have purchased all the Wren "stuff" and Paul should be able to help you.
Greg
Hi Greg, I also have a Wren, a 100DCi. I emailed Paul Hardman and he replied to contact him again when I have it packed and he will give me shipping codes. I have it packed and I've been trying to reach him a few times by email and by the turbinesolutions online form, but I have not heard back for 4 weeks now. Do you know if they are still in business or if they are temporarily closed for some reason?
Old 05-27-2023, 06:34 PM
jetflyr

Originally Posted by Harvey Mushman
Hi Greg, I also have a Wren, a 100DCi. I emailed Paul Hardman and he replied to contact him again when I have it packed and he will give me shipping codes. I have it packed and I've been trying to reach him a few times by email and by the turbinesolutions online form, but I have not heard back for 4 weeks now. Do you know if they are still in business or if they are temporarily closed for some reason?
Hi Harvey!
I too have a 100, which I had contemplated having fixed several times over the last 4 years. Wrote England for a guestimate (ie: is it worth sending) and never got a reply. I'd then ignore it until the itch came again and had the same result. I do not know if they are still in business or not, but it does not sound good. Good Luck!
Greg
Old 05-27-2023, 06:54 PM
Harvey Mushman

Originally Posted by jetflyr
Hi Harvey!
I too have a 100, which I had contemplated having fixed several times over the last 4 years. Wrote England for a guestimate (ie: is it worth sending) and never got a reply. I'd then ignore it until the itch came again and had the same result. I do not know if they are still in business or not, but it does not sound good. Good Luck!
Greg
Greg, thank you for your reply. On April 11 Paul responded with a price of 360 GBP (about $440 USD) to do service including new bearings and he said to ask him for a code when I have it packed and weighed for ease of going through customs. I replied back on April 16 that I have it ready to ship, but have not heard back since. Please let me know if you hear anything from or about them and I will contact you if I hear anything.
Old 05-27-2023, 07:11 PM
jetflyr

Greg, thank you for your reply. On April 11 Paul responded with a price of 360 GBP (about $440 USD) to do service including new bearings and he said to ask him for a code when I have it packed and weighed for ease of going through customs. I replied back on April 16 that I have it ready to ship, but have not heard back since. Please let me know if you hear anything from or about them and I will contact you if I hear anything.
Will do! Thanks Harvey!
Old 05-28-2023, 04:54 AM
billbolz

Default Wren 44i repair

Originally Posted by WrenTurbines
Wren Turbines and Ron Ballard are pleased to announce the formation of Wren Turbines USA. Ron is a friend of ours who has been flying Wren engines for several years. He has spent the last week at the Wren factory, learning how to service our engines, and will now be offering sales and service on Wren engines in the USA. Ron posts on RCU as No1 and is well-known to many US jet fliers. We welcome him to the team and look forward to many happy new customers in the USA.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
I got a reply from Paul Hardman of Turbine solutions. Sent the wren to them and they test ran it. Unfortunately they didn't look at the issue I had, an out of alignment prop backplate. Still have a wobble in the assembly. Going to try getting it skim cut but I've asked TS if I could purchase a replacement. No answer yet. They are slow to respond that's for sure.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:16 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Boat turbine

Been flying jets for a long time. Recently started enjoying hydros. Do you offer turboprop engine for RC Hydros?
Old 05-28-2023, 05:13 PM
Harvey Mushman

Originally Posted by billbolz
I got a reply from Paul Hardman of Turbine solutions. Sent the wren to them and they test ran it. Unfortunately they didn't look at the issue I had, an out of alignment prop backplate. Still have a wobble in the assembly. Going to try getting it skim cut but I've asked TS if I could purchase a replacement. No answer yet. They are slow to respond that's for sure.
Greg and Bill, I just got a reply from Paul H that he hadn't received any of my other emails sent after April 11. He said he would get back to me this coming Tuesday with info for shipping my Wren 100DCi. I'll let you know if I hear from him on Tuesday.

Harv
Old 05-29-2023, 04:06 AM
billbolz

Default Wren service

Great, good luck. Paul Hardman has been very cooperative. I think they will be good for us although having to convert from British funds to American is a pain.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:31 PM
jetflyr

Greg and Bill, I just got a reply from Paul H that he hadn't received any of my other emails sent after April 11. He said he would get back to me this coming Tuesday with info for shipping my Wren 100DCi. I'll let you know if I hear from him on Tuesday.

Harv
Have you heard anything from Paul about sending your turbine across the pound?
Thanks!
Greg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.