Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Some Königstiger Trouble

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Some Königstiger Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 07:49 AM
Mdbemtp22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torro King Tiger issues

So I recently purchased a 1/16 Torro King Tiger w/Henchel turret Airsoft variant, unpainted. Spare some zimmerit and coats of paint I have made no modifications to the vehicle and I started to run into issues. Much to my disappointment the vehicle will not connect to its transmitter. From what I can tell both are in working condition, the tank sits in standby mode with headlight blinking. However when I go to operate the tank the remote will not connect nor bind. The remote has fresh batteries and the tank's battery is freshly charged. The tank features what I believe to be Taigen V3 electronics and their latest transmitter. Im new to this and any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Mdbemtp22; 11-25-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:33 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Start with the basics: Did you try to rebind using Taigen's V3 process? (Turn the tank on, turn on transmitter while holding the machine gun button). The transmitter should flash until the binding process is complete. You can also find the V3 instructions here: https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-p...e-gb/tag120604

If the system is V1: Turn on the tank, flip the machine gun switch toward you, turn on transmitter. Trans will blink until bind is complete.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:00 PM
Mdbemtp22

Just tried using both methods, no dice. It doesn't respond to the transmitter and the tank will not bind and continues to flash the headlight
Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Try turning both of them on within about 2-3 seconds of each other when doing the bind process. The motherboard actually goes into bind mode each time it boots but only for a few seconds, less than the transmitter. Once it binds there is no feedback, you just will use the left toggle to start/stop the tank (if it works of course) after that.
If that doesn't work we can go with a few other things next such as:
Does the transmitter blink rapidly for about 4 seconds when you turn it on? This is the transmitter going into bind mode. We have two different versions of transmitters, the older one has the MG on a toggle while the newer ones have that switch assigned to a smoke unit and a small push button to the right of the toggle now for the MG instead.
Did it work before? Did you purchase it as a whole like a kit we offer (or us possibly?) as if you got it in a kit/aio bundle it should of been bound for you.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Mdbemtp22

I have tried that as well, the transmitter goes into bind mode and apparently it binds however no commands are given to the tank. The tank also flashes its headlight continously and the MG flashes once after going through the steps. It has the newest version transmitter with the smoke switch and Mg button. This problem has persisted since I got it in the mail as a finished vehicle, unthinkingly I started working on the appearance of the vehicle without testing further. And no I dont believe I bought it through Imex Erik, I got it online from a company called Zandatoys.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Imex-Erik

Yea if it was us or one of our dealers I would have you covered already. The MG light shouldn't flash at all when binding or even starting up for the first time. Chances are something is wrong there. Send them a message and see if they will work with you on getting it replaced.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Mdbemtp22

Yeah I've tried and they just gave me the cold shoulder, so I'm stuck with this thing. I'm just trying to figure out what I gotta do to get it working, not to mention I can't return it. Well now I know to go through you guys the next time I buy anything else like this.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:21 AM
Imex-Erik

Give me a PM on the site and I'll hook you up ok? Just remind in the message here on the forums and I'll take care of it for you.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Mdbemtp22

Once again thank you for your help and I hope this will be resolved without too much hair being pulled out.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:51 AM
Mdbemtp22

So in the mean time I definitely ruled out the battery. I just hope that it can run if it is fixed.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Mdbemtp22

So I still have yet to find what is wrong with the tank. And i hate to continue to bother you fine people but any help or suggestions at all would be appreciated at this point.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:41 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdbemtp22
Yeah I've tried and they just gave me the cold shoulder, so I'm stuck with this thing. I'm just trying to figure out what I gotta do to get it working, not to mention I can't return it. Well now I know to go through you guys the next time I buy anything else like this.
This is why I always, always pay with PayPal. I've had similar situations, where I got a defective product and the seller gave me the cold shoulder, but when I called PayPal they made sure I got my money back.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:04 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

So did you get with Erik? They have the best support of anyone he will help you.
Jimmy
Old 12-12-2019, 08:32 AM
Mdbemtp22

Have been trying to, hes apparently really busy atm. Currently hoping hes not too swamped with work.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:42 AM
Mdbemtp22

Originally Posted by Crius
This is why I always, always pay with PayPal. I've had similar situations, where I got a defective product and the seller gave me the cold shoulder, but when I called PayPal they made sure I got my money back.
Thanks for the advice, after much pestering I did end up getting through to their customer service, however they were incompetent to say the least. Or at least they don't realize that after me telling them 15 times I did the binding they sent me I'm not the problem. So I'm still in a holding pattern until Erik emerges from his duties or Zavanda customer service figures out how to properly diagnose the problem. But truly thanks for the advice and I'll be sure to do that from now on
Old 12-15-2019, 10:32 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

If you paid with a credit card you might have some protection from them so that's something I would definitely look into. I think it should be a law that every time a guy buys his first tank he is told, remember, no PayPal, no sale! That's kind of the rule of thumb for buying stuff online in this Hobby. There are, of course, exceptions, like Imex who doesn't take PayPal and AliExpress doesn't take Paypal, either, but they have pretty good protection all on their own and my credit card company offers me protection when I buy there.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Mdbemtp22

Alrighty, that's definitely something I will keep in mind. Though I'm not planning on going through anyone other than Imex after this. But thanks for the advice.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:10 AM
Mdbemtp22

A quick update the Tiger is Functioning! It was the motherboard after all. I bought a replacement from Taigen and it's now running like a champ, better than the real thing had! Thank you for the help everyone especially Erik (I knew it wasn't just my incompetence).