Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Dornier DO 335

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Dornier DO 335

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
jmohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM Dornier DO 335

DJ

I use two 6S 5000 mah packs for my 160s. You can also use 10S, but I like the extra power from the 12S. If you go with 110s they you can use a 9S setup (one 4S and one 5S pack in series). I think twin 110s would be plenty for this plane. My little DO-335 (66" wing span) flew great with twin power 32 motors front and rear using two 4S packs. I really think two 160s is too much, but if you can fit the batteries inside then great it will haul *****. The problem will be finding two nice props to use. They don't make cheap three blade props larger than 16-10. The 16-10s are too small for the Power 160 and you will loose too much power. The twin 110s may work fine with the 16-10s. I had this setup on my Me-110 and it was great. You will have to go with 18-12 or 19-12 two blades for the 160s. I have had good performance with the Zippy packs from Hobby People. You can get the 6S 5800 packs for around $80 each. Not bad !!!

Just don't push them too hard and they will last a long time

Good luck!

Jeff

Jeff
Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr DJ,
You might take a look at Greg Covey's Ampd- Issue #12 here on RCU.
There are two 160s powering a 30 pound F7F Tigercat. The article list the components.
There is also a video of the F7F flying.
The Amp'd issues do a lot to educate.

This size electric seems to be a complex place to start.

Jeff
[/quote]'>Jeff, so help me out a bit more with the batteries and ESC. If I go with E-Flight’s 160 motors on front and rear, would I need the Phonix 160 ESCs by 2 of course to run them with no worries? Also, 12S batts puts out more power than a 10S or 4 4S tied together – correct?

Thanks in advance,

Mr DJ

[/quote]
Old 02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ram-bro,
Just e-mail me in about a week. I will have it done and you can get the part you need directly from me... Tomas at VQ will have the full kits...

Thanks Ty
Old 02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jmohn

DJ

I use two 6S 5000 mah packs for my 160s. You can also use 10S, but I like the extra power from the 12S. If you go with 110s they you can use a 9S setup (one 4S and one 5S pack in series). I think twin 110s would be plenty for this plane. My little DO-335 (66" wing span) flew great with twin power 32 motors front and rear using two 4S packs. I really think two 160s is too much, but if you can fit the batteries inside then great it will haul *****. The problem will be finding two nice props to use. They don't make cheap three blade props larger than 16-10. The 16-10s are too small for the Power 160 and you will loose too much power. The twin 110s may work fine with the 16-10s. I had this setup on my Me-110 and it was great. You will have to go with 18-12 or 19-12 two blades for the 160s. I have had good performance with the Zippy packs from Hobby People. You can get the 6S 5800 packs for around $80 each. Not bad !!!

Good luck!

Jeff
<xml><o:documentproperties><o:version></o:version></o:documentproperties></xml>
Hey Jeff,

Jim, another Gent here already has twin 160s, but I think he ran out of money or the misses took his card away for a while (Jim is a kool guy) He gave us a demo of quarter power; it wasn’t impressive at that power; we thought it was full power. Anyways, if you say twin 160s will haul *****, I’ll take your word for it. Ty is going with twin 160s also. I was goin’ to go much, much higher but no longer.

So how would I charge a 12S? I don’t see anything out there to do so. Or should my 12S be twin 6S in series?

As for props, I’m a Beila Man; those are not cheap at all and are somewhat heavier than Master Airscrews and the like, so I’m thinkin’ the 160s or any motor using the Beila won’t turn as fast because of weight; one reason why I was goin’ with a much larger motor.

Many thanks,

Mr DJ

Old 02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: drifter

Mr DJ,
You might take a look at Greg Covey's Ampd- Issue #12 here on RCU.
There are two 160s powering a 30 pound F7F Tigercat. The article list the components.
There is also a video of the F7F flying.
The Amp'd issues do a lot to educate.

This size electric seems to be a complex place to start.
Drifter,

Kool Beans on this info.

Thank you, Sir...

Mr DJ

Old 02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will do that Ty, thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmohn

DJ

I use two 6S 5000 mah packs for my 160s. You can also use 10S, but I like the extra power from the 12S. If you go with 110s they you can use a 9S setup (one 4S and one 5S pack in series). I think twin 110s would be plenty for this plane. My little DO-335 (66'' wing span) flew great with twin power 32 motors front and rear using two 4S packs. I really think two 160s is too much, but if you can fit the batteries inside then great it will haul *****. The problem will be finding two nice props to use. They don't make cheap three blade props larger than 16-10. The 16-10s are too small for the Power 160 and you will loose too much power. The twin 110s may work fine with the 16-10s. I had this setup on my Me-110 and it was great. You will have to go with 18-12 or 19-12 two blades for the 160s. I have had good performance with the Zippy packs from Hobby People. You can get the 6S 5800 packs for around $80 each. Not bad !!!

Good luck!

Jeff

Jeff
Hey Jeff,
I'm no expert on the Eflite 160 but if I read it right, the description calls for 9-10s lipo batteries. I assume that means no bigger than 10s. Is that correct?
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4160A

Mr DJ,
I'll try to do a rpm test this weekend. I'm waiting for the Sierra retracts before I do any hi rpm testing. Best done with the wings attached and sitting on ground.
On a side note, I flew my Yellow Aircraft P-47 on a 11s, Castle 160HV ESC, Hacker A-80 for the first time on Sunday. Prop was a 22-10. Weight of plane was 28 pounds. It took off in less than 100 feet at full throttle. Flew great.
Those two Eflite 160s flying a plane at (hopefully) just over 30 pounds on a 20-10 prop should fly great...maybe at 3/4 throttle. I decided to start with a couple of two bladed props and move up to the three bladed once it gets sorted out.

Ty,
I will want a cockpit kit...great job.

Jim
Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Mr DJ

<xml><o:documentproperties><o:version></o:version></o:documentproperties></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:dontvertaligncellwithsp></w:dontvertaligncellwithsp><w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables></w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables><w:dontvertalignintxbx></w:dontvertalignintxbx><w:word11kerningpairs></w:word11kerningpairs><w:cachedcolbalance></w:cachedcolbalance></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

Jim,

Thanks for the link! Based on its info, I think I need to go larger. It is equivalent to an OS 160 – I have an OS 160 on my Giant Super Sportster, it ain’t chit. It weights 16lbs and flown with a MA 16x10 3-blade and APC 18x10 2-blade.

The electric 160 = 1.60 glow = 26cc gas. I need way more power than twin 26s turning Biela props which are way larger and heavier than MA or APC.

Gonna hold off on propulsion systems ‘til I see your baby in action.

As for you using 2-blade over the 3-blade, you will have more power and speed with the 2-blade. I use 3-blades on all my birds 'cause they are simply: Kool. I recently found out the Biela does not make a 16x8 3-blade pusher as I was led to believe; they start at 28xXtoo large for the DO. So for me, my front will be 3-blade while rear a 2-blade. Depending on my engine/motor size, my props will be 20x10 3-blade and 18x8 or 10 2-blade.

Mr DJ

Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 AM
jmohn

DJ,

I think the specs for the 160s call for 10S, but I have been running 12S as I already have lots of 6S packs that I can use. If you go onto Eflite's web site or Horizon's you can pull up the specs. If you don't already have batteries then you can just use 5S packs as you only need a 10S setup for max output. I have been using Castle 110 HV escs with no problems, but if you want to use 160s that will be fine too.

I still think two Power 110s would be plenty for this plane, but speed is nice too

Here are the specs:

Overview
The Power 160 is designed to deliver clean and quiet power equivalent to or surpassing the power of a 160-size 2-stroke glow engine for sport and scale airplanes weighing 12 to 20 pounds (5.4 to 9 kg), 3D airplanes up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg), or models requiring up to 2700 watts of power.
It provides excellent power for the popular 27% scale aerobatic models such as the Hangar 9 Extra 260, scale performance for the Hangar 9 P-47D Thunderbolt 150 ARF, and extreme performance for models like the famous Ultra Stick Lite.

Product Specifications
Type: Brushless outrunner
Size: Equivalent to or surpassing the power of a 160-size 2-stroke glow engine
Wire Gauge: 13
Recommended Prop Range: 18x8 to 20x10
Voltage: 33.3–38.4
RPM/Volt (Kv): 245
Resistance (Ri): .03 ohms
Idle Current (Io): 1.45A @ 10V
Continuous Current: 60A
Maximum Burst Current: 78A (15 sec)
Cells: 28–32 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 9S–10S Li-Po
Speed Control: 85–110A High Voltage Brushless
Weight: 650 g (23.0 oz)
Overall Diameter: 63mm (2.50 in)
Shaft Diameter: 8mm (.30 in) (Includes two 12mm threaded prop shaft adapters with 1.5 pitch)
Overall Length: 64mm (2.50 in)
Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
fockewulf37

Thanks guys for the comments. Here it is ready for paint....

Ty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nl30516.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	1565091   Click image for larger version

Name:	xv64398.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	1565092   Click image for larger version

Name:	db85486.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	1565093   Click image for larger version

Name:	vt58004.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	1565094  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Mr DJ

Ty,

U R Simply Da Man! I want a set...

Mr DJ
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Mr DJ

<xml><o:documentproperties><o:version></o:version></o:documentproperties></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:dontvertaligncellwithsp></w:dontvertaligncellwithsp><w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables></w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables><w:dontvertalignintxbx></w:dontvertalignintxbx><w:word11kerningpairs></w:word11kerningpairs><w:cachedcolbalance></w:cachedcolbalance></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" defunhidewhenused="true" defsemihidden="true" defqformat="false" defpriority="99" latentstylecount="267"><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="0" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Normal"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="heading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="9" qformat="true" name="heading 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 7"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 8"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" name="toc 9"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="35" qformat="true" name="caption"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="10" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" name="Default Paragraph Font"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="11" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtitle"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="22" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Strong"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="20" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="59" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Table Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Placeholder Text"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="1" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="No Spacing"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Revision"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="34" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="List Paragraph"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="29" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="30" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Quote"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="60" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="61" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="62" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Light Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="63" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="64" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="65" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="66" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="67" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="68" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="69" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="70" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Dark List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="71" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="72" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful List Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="73" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="19" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="21" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Emphasis"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="31" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Subtle Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="32" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Intense Reference"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="33" semihidden="false" unhidewhenused="false" qformat="true" name="Book Title"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="37" name="Bibliography"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception locked="false" priority="39" qformat="true" name="TOC Heading"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

I broke down and obtained some Sierra Gear. Sending them to Down N Locked for electric conversion – expensive puppies when done.

Check my nice photo spread.

Mr DJ

Name:	Mz16851.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1565127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr75104.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1565128   Click image for larger version

Name:	It78386.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1565129  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Mr DJ

More

Name:	Ay73275.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1565138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78831.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1565139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76811.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1565140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52869.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1565141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc40481.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1565142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc49167.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	1565143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mo14723.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1565144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ba91589.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1565145  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xw36577.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1565146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zl59609.jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1565147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy11036.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1565148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oy98709.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1565149  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Mr DJ

Last.

Name:	Ca81162.jpg
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1565157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75501.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1565158  
Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
jimkron

Hey Mr. DJ,
I just got my Sierra retracts yesturday. Man, they are nice. Much better than the ESM I had...and more money.[]
My wife will put both my legs in a cast if she ever finds out.[X(]
Heal quickly,

jim
Old 02-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Mr DJ

Jim, my Man...

U better not let her find out or it will be for you.
Thanks for the healing words.

Mr DJ
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM
yellowbird911

I use two Monster Power 160s and Turnigy 100HV ESCs in a 29 lb KMP Tigercat. Mine was done before I even saw the thread on Gregs Amped Tigercat. I am using 16X10 APC E counter rotating props and combined amps on 12S is 114 amps. This flies the 29 beast with authority and greater than scale straight and level. Much faster and better then the 2 Zenoah 26cc gas motors I removed. The Power 160 has the same specs as the Eflite 160s and 12S really spins the props. I have not checked RPM but it is high. One thing on an inline I learned with my KMP Cessna 337 is that counter rotating is important . With both props spinning in the same direction, so I could use the same props, I would have trim changes on the ailerons between cruise and full power . Hope this helps.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 AM
kahloq

Might be just my two PC's, but before I added this post, the bottom of the thread was cutoff with no reply function even viewable. It was like this for two days....so I am merely adding this to see if it continues.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:59 AM
kahloq

Unless using 12s setups of the 160's you wont need anything larger then a 100 amp esc capable of 10s.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 PM
jimkron

Hey Ty,
Have you had a chance to assemble the pull-pull for the nose gear? Where did you mount the servo? Looking for inspiration.

Jim
Old 02-20-2011, 08:05 PM
fockewulf37

I have not had time to do any work yet really busy getting an order of cockpits ready. to ship. Also trying to finish out the 335 cockpit. Its all painted just need to finish the video and take pics. If you install cockpit there should be plenty of room under the floor to make a tray and you have easy access to install the servo...

Ty
Old 02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
fockewulf37

Here are the pic's of the basic cockpit painted. I have not permanently installed it. So the is no back on the rear of the cockpit. This is still the prototype and have had more detail added to the floor not seen here. I should have the videos done and up in a day or so...

Ty

Name:	jh15869.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	1569319   Click image for larger version

Name:	fd91808.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	1569320   Click image for larger version

Name:	qo40573.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	1569321   Click image for larger version

Name:	ki19429.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	1569322   Click image for larger version

Name:	qo38996.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	1569323   Click image for larger version

Name:	vt56492.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	1569324   Click image for larger version

Name:	om33478.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	1569325  
Old 02-24-2011, 02:16 PM
fockewulf37

In my video I will show how the dash needs to be done. On the real plane the dash back was visible from outside the canopy. The angle of the on the front of this plane is correct the dash was just made upright and not back at an ankle.

Ty
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
jmohn

The Power 160s can only handle 10S max, but you can run them on 12s as long as you don't run them full out or use a prop that's more than they are rated for. Higher voltage = lower amps. That being said... the only reason I use 12s setups is that I have lots of 6s packs and no 5s packs. If you are starting from scratch just use 5s packs to keep the weight down unless you want larger packs. You do get a little more run time using the 6s packs since they use less amps to run the motor.

You will get plenty of power with either setup and won't be able to tell much difference except in duration. I still think the best setup would be 2 x Power 110s using a 9s setup for each motor. You would reduce the overall weight by 1-2 pounds and still have lots of performance. I don't know what the AUW of the plane will be, but I would guess around 21-22 pounds based on other twins I have setup. You could almost fly this on one Power 160 if that is the final weight.

Jeff
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM
fockewulf37

Jeff,
I am guessing the final wieght of this plane will push 26-30 lbs.. The fuse ny itself is about 8lbs the motors/batteries your looking at 10lbs at least. then you add wings and stuff..

Ty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.