Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

ESM Dornier DO 335

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Dornier DO 335

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: ESM Dornier DO 335

Here are a few photos of the nose retract placement. No buzzing. Tight control. Plenty of clearance for wheel on one side and Ty's cockpit kit on the other.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56264.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1569450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48134.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1569451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11494.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1569452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20691.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1569453  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
jimkron

Here are a few more. Note the the picture of plane on all wheels. The other picture is of tail touching...and nose wheel up. Not much room for error on takeoff. Touch the elevator and your probably going to scrape the tail fin. Hopefully, a little bit of flaps will suck the plane right into the air....otherwise.[&o]

Name:	Ca82449.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1569464   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59962.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1569465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46725.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1569466  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
jimkron

Ty, nice job on the cockpit. Have you priced the kit plus a new canopy yet?

jim
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am glad we made it to page 6, cant read anything on page 7.Jimk, the plane looks good, how much is the plane weighing and are you going to put a more scale spinner on her? What engines are you using? You may have mentioned it earlier but page 7 is lost to me.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:31 PM
jimkron

Hey Rambro,
I'm going with two Eflite 160s swinging 20-10 props. 10s on both engines. I'll try to weigh everything this weekend. I'm guessing 31 pounds. Spinner is temporary until I go three bladed.

jim
Old 02-25-2011, 06:07 AM
hellcat56
My Feedback: (21)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only technique I devised for my 335 was very flat take offs and landing
I pulled up in a normal take off once
the rudder came off, went through the rear propellerkilled the rear motor
managed to get it down and
learn another hard lesson

I am so tired of learning things

seems like learning things happen every day
Old 02-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were good reasons the rear lower tail on the 335 was reinforced.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hellcat,

Yeah, my education is ongoing as well........
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The lower tail ; If I where to build this plane, I think I would consider having the lowest part spring-loaded as I think the real one was.

Maybe even make the spring-loaded part a bit bigger than the real one, to get an even bigger non-dangerous angle of attack.

Name:	Bz77807.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1569598  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM
jmohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DO-335 takes off easily with minimal tail clearance. You just punch it and hold a little elevator until it jumps off the runway. It lands easy like a jet on three wheels. Mine needs a lot of up elevator on turns. I guess its because of the dual rudder setup that makes it seem like it has two elevators when you crank it over.

Good flying plane you will love it.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Jeff do you dial much flap in for takeoff?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM
jmohn

TY,

I don't use any flap on take offs. As long as you have enough runway it will leap off when it gets going fastenough. I don't use much flap on landing either, but again, you need runway and just let it sink in and touch down. It's very "Jet Like" in the way it flys and handles on the runway. I land fast, but it's no problem with the tri-gear. It has a pretty bad tip stall so you really don't want to be going too slow with flaps down and dirty or you could have problems. It also seems to take some time to gain speed once you accelerate. The sound is very neat and unique.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 PM
kahloq

Boy I am glad we are on page 8 because like a few others, most of page 7 was not accessible to me.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
fockewulf37

Hey guys after a 100 videos I have finally been upgraded to more than 15minute vids.. So the Do335 cockpit insatllation is all in one video YEAH!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wouulF7tgSY

I also should post my cockpit painting videos. I just go over how I do it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncSxKxlVEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61uE9aaCbxA

Ty
Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 PM
jimkron

Nice job on the video with lots of good construction detail. Ty, your an excellent builder and a great "splainer".

Jim
Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 PM
jimkron

Ok guys,

I just got my two bladed Xoar 20-10 props. One is a pusher, the other is regular.

The regular prop on the front spins counter clockwise.

The pusher prop on the rear spins clock-wise when looking from the front of the plane to the back.

In both cases the label is facing forward.

In both cases the blunt edge of the prop is facing forward.

If you put the engines side by side...they both spin in the same direction...but when one faces rear it rotates in the opposite direction.

Is this the right set up for a pusher-puller?

Seems to have the most airflow this way.

Thoughts?,

Jim
Old 02-26-2011, 01:52 AM
pimmnz

1. The accepted standard for a/c orientation is always Aft looking Forward (ALF).
2. What you describe is the normal setup for engines that rotate clockwise, ALF. (Thats looking from the back of the engine, prop driver pointing away from you). When you point the engine backwards, like the rear engine in the Dornier, it now rotates anti-clockwise, ALF, so you need a prop that is carved for opposite rotation in order for it to push the model forward. The curved side of the blades will face forward on both front and rear props. Oh, and the correct term for a 'regular' prop is 'tractor'.
Evan, WB #12.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Mr DJ

<xml><o:documentproperties><o:version></o:version></o:documentproperties></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:dontvertaligncellwithsp></w:dontvertaligncellwithsp><w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables></w:dontbreakconstrainedforcedtables><w:dontvertalignintxbx></w:dontvertalignintxbx><w:word11kerningpairs></w:word11kerningpairs><w:cachedcolbalance></w:cachedcolbalance></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-qformat:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

Jim,

When you say the rear pusher prop is facing forward, do you mean it is facing to the front of the plane or forward as in facing to the front of the rear engine? If this is the case, it is set up correctly.

The front of the prop should face out; it should not face the prop washer. I use to have a KMP 337 Cessna which is the same as the 335. I had the rear prop facing the front of the plane, it still pushed, but probably with 50% of its capability. When I turned it around, you could feel the added thrust. You can do the same test; you will feel the added thrust or a lesser amount if it is turned the wrong direction. Real simple test.

Mr DJ

Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 AM
jimkron

ORIGINAL: pimmnz

1. The accepted standard for a/c orientation is always Aft looking Forward (ALF).
2. What you describe is the normal setup for engines that rotate clockwise, ALF. (Thats looking from the back of the engine, prop driver pointing away from you). When you point the engine backwards, like the rear engine in the Dornier, it now rotates anti-clockwise, ALF, so you need a prop that is carved for opposite rotation in order for it to push the model forward. The curved side of the blades will face forward on both front and rear props. Oh, and the correct term for a 'regular' prop is 'tractor'.
Evan, WB #12.
Evan,
Yes, standing behind the airplane or ALF, the front engine is spinning clockwise with the 'tractor' prop. The rear engine is spinning counter-clockwise with the 'pusher'. The curved sides of both props are facing forward.

Mr DJ,
Using Evan's ALF orientation I think I have it right...would you concur?
This all assumes that clocks above the equator spin in the same direction as clocks from New Zealand.

Jim
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Mr DJ

Jim,

Yes, I concur...

I think you're all done-correct? Now give us a video of the first flight-always vid the first flight for it could be the last-you know what I'm sayhin'

Good Luck...

Mr DJ
Old 02-27-2011, 05:00 AM
fockewulf37

Hey guys how far off do you think this is.. I have about 10 of these...

Ty

Name:	nl30716.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1570653   Click image for larger version

Name:	om33803.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1570654  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:04 AM
jimkron

Much closer than the Tru-turn AT-6 spinner I'm using for the front. My rear spinner is carbon fiber from Espirit Models.
Yours looks a bit long. I might buy one when I make the conversation to 3-bladed. How much? Looks like aluminum. What is the diameter?

Jim

Name:	Bz76807.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1570666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34207.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1570667  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:33 AM
jimkron

Maiden Flight...just for Mr DJ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqRExlkDOU
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
kahloq

Not the ESM, but kinda different as its a hybrid. Has an OS 120 up front and a power 46 electric in the tail. Note at the point just before it touches down, it seems to stall. Dont get too slow on landing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmm6F...eature=related
Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jimkron

Maiden Flight...just for Mr DJ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqRExlkDOU
Jim,

This is 2 Kool

U Da Man...

Mr DJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.