Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else notice that AMA ran a deficit last year?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Did anyone else notice that AMA ran a deficit last year?

Old 04-09-2020, 01:16 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did anyone else notice that AMA ran a deficit last year?

So I finally got around to reading the April 2020 Model Aviation. Given that content within it was written 3-4 months earlier, that means that back in January the CFO said that : "... we still ended with a deficit.... (emphasis added)".

And then the multiple reasons why:
"...traditional dues revenue was less than in previous years..."
"...down roughly 5,000 members overall..."
"...sales of print advertising were down...."
"...the staff at AMA HQ was reduced...."
"...AMA Expo East and AMA Expo West will not be held going forward..."
"...slightly higher expense for legal fees and claims...."
"...government relations expenses were higher than expected..."

I've been warning about AMA financial trends for quite a while. If an organization is failing financially, how in the world can they hope to have the resources necessary to do the advocacy they say they need to do?

Last edited by franklin_m; 04-09-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:12 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Well , , , , since we aren't the US government who can just print more money anytime we run low , perhaps some belt tightening is in order .....

As to one obvious suggestion , it wouldn't bother me in the least to see the magazine* go online only , bet that'd save some serious coin

PS , Thank You for bringing this up , despite the flak we know will be coming from the faithful , but "Ended with a deficit" is no way to run a business anywhere , except into the ground

* I need the AMA for advocacy and insurance WAY more than I need it for a paper magazine whose contents I can very well read online .

Last edited by init4fun; 04-09-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:01 PM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well , , , , since we aren't the US government who can just print more money anytime we run low , perhaps some belt tightening is in order .....

As to one obvious suggestion , it wouldn't bother me in the least to see the magazine* go online only , bet that'd save some serious coin

PS , Thank You for bringing this up , despite the flak we know will be coming from the faithful , but "Ended with a deficit" is no way to run a business anywhere , except into the ground

* I need the AMA for advocacy and insurance WAY more than I need it for a paper magazine whose contents I can very well read online .
There already is an online version of the magazine so no extra effort or expense to set that up. I agree that doing away with the print version would have to save a good amount of money.

I was disappointed to see your statement regarding only the government being able to print money. I was about to "institute a program of deficit spending" but your reminder caused me to check my options and indeed it would seem that I am going to have to work on my budgeting instead!
Old 04-09-2020, 03:01 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by init4fun

Two biggest single expenses are people and the magazines. If they ran a deficit, then only other source of money is selling investments, which means even less interest and dividend income this year ... and that's BEFORE the COVID induced market drops.

Your points are well taken. The magazines are a money sump. They loose money year after year after year. I totalled it up and have attached the graphic. Adding up magazine losses from 2001 to 2017, all that red, over $29,000,000 dollars of members' money that could have gone toward scholarships, lobbying*, field grants, was spent keeping magazines afloat.

* on lobbying. There is a misconception that 501(c)(3) groups cannot lobby. That is false. They can. In fact the AMA's IRS 990's even show their calculation to show their spending was below the allowable limit. And AMA's lobbying expenses - every year - has been WELL below what they could have spent had they not wasted that money on the magazines!

Last edited by franklin_m; 04-09-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Maybe now, with any luck, the powers that be MIGHT start thinking fiscally rather than looking at how to justify how they see the need to spend funds on pet projects(such as the indoor flying facility)
Old 04-10-2020, 04:41 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The AMA is an 80's organization trying to survive in a 2020 world. It still operates with the baby boomer culture of producing a newsletter and owning property. Through no fault of the AMA, the hobby is declining. It's time for the leadership to face the reality that this isn't a temporary slump.
I like the printed magazine. I'm even willing to pay for it. But the number of us who would are probably so low that it wouldn't be profitable. I have no use for the flying site in Muncie. It's nice that so many different NATS can be held in the same place and located where AMA officials are based, but it's a huge expense to maintain. It's a similar situation to churches that spend most of their income on a building that most members only use once a week.Of course, airfare for AMA staff to attend events all over the country might be just as expensive. I can't begin to run the numbers on that.
If it is to avoid declaring bankruptcy in a few more years, the AMA has to become leaner. And in order to effectively lead the hobby, it has to become less centralized as younger people mostly couldn't care less about the glories of AMA headquarters and its world class flying site.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:17 AM
fliers1

Originally Posted by jester_s1
The AMA is an 80's organization trying to survive in a 2020 world. It still operates with the baby boomer culture of producing a newsletter and owning property. Through no fault of the AMA, the hobby is declining. It's time for the leadership to face the reality that this isn't a temporary slump.
I like the printed magazine. I'm even willing to pay for it. But the number of us who would are probably so low that it wouldn't be profitable. I have no use for the flying site in Muncie. It's nice that so many different NATS can be held in the same place and located where AMA officials are based, but it's a huge expense to maintain. It's a similar situation to churches that spend most of their income on a building that most members only use once a week.Of course, airfare for AMA staff to attend events all over the country might be just as expensive. I can't begin to run the numbers on that.
If it is to avoid declaring bankruptcy in a few more years, the AMA has to become leaner. And in order to effectively lead the hobby, it has to become less centralized as younger people mostly couldn't care less about the glories of AMA headquarters and its world class flying site.
Fact still remains that no matter how lean they get, they still have no way to increase revenue. Their main revenue source is member dues. That is or will be declining for several reasons.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:42 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So I finally got around to reading the April 2020 Model Aviation. Given that content within it was written 3-4 months earlier, that means that back in January the CFO said that : "... we still ended with a deficit.... (emphasis added)".

And then the multiple reasons why:
"...traditional dues revenue was less than in previous years..."
"...down roughly 5,000 members overall..."
"...sales of print advertising were down...."
"...the staff at AMA HQ was reduced...."
"...AMA Expo East and AMA Expo West will not be held going forward..."
"...slightly higher expense for legal fees and claims...."
"...government relations expenses were higher than expected..."

I've been warning about AMA financial trends for quite a while. If an organization is failing financially, how in the world can they hope to have the resources necessary to do the advocacy they say they need to do?
Rich Hanson said 200,000 people fly under AMA's "programming" (2018). AMA has 180,000 members.
Who are those other 20,000 people?,
Old 04-10-2020, 07:29 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Rich Hanson said 200,000 people fly under AMA's "programming" (2018). AMA has 180,000 members.
Who are those other 20,000 people?,
Actually, it's even lower. In April MA, CFO puts the actual paying members at about 110,000. Rich's numbers are pure fantasy. As if saying it makes it true. Unfortunately, those at FAA can figure out for themselves that AMA is not putting out correct info. Which only does more to undermine what limited credibility they do have.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:49 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by fliers1
Fact still remains that no matter how lean they get, they still have no way to increase revenue. Their main revenue source is member dues. That is or will be declining for several reasons.
The AMA has been negligent to see the writing on the wall for decades. By not understanding their membership, the AMA became largely irrelevant except for the (pretty much) required insurance to fly under the previous rules/regulations. They failed to understand and support the fact that in order for them to survive, they had to support the clubs (i.e. MEMBERS), who spent a much larger amount of $$ to build and maintain their flying sites, than they had ever sent to the AMA in the form of dues and donations. The AMA failed to recognize that if the clubs and fields failed, they too would fail. That is exactly where we are today.

In their lust for more $$ and ever-expanding budgets, indoor flying sites, Muncie, etc, they romanced the drones instead of making sure that the flying sites remained untouched by the impending FAA regulations.

By not implementing and advocating a much more robust safety/reporting structure, I believe they lost a lot of their pull and respect where the Feds are concerned. As Franklin mentioned, the AMA fell woefully short when it came to lobbying and working with the Feds early on (YEARS ago). This can be witnessed by their own admission that Government Affairs efforts cost more than they expected, yet they were still relatively ineffective at protecting the freedoms we have enjoyed for 80 years (with relatively few incidents of adversely affecting the general public and the National Airspace).

It really boils down to Muncie being the same, "good ole boy network" that a vast majority of us have seen in most of our local clubs, just on a larger scale.

I've been a staunch advocate and proud to be an AMA member for decades....now, not so much......

Astro
Old 04-10-2020, 08:50 AM
jcmors

Originally Posted by fliers1
I belong to, what I believe is a rather unique club. It is for this reason that I continue to pay for AMA membership. Friendly bunch of guys, everyone welcome, we even have quite a few young folks in the club (mostly children of the older members but still...). You can fly anything there, planes, helis, yes even multi rotors and a few of the members have some quads in addition to their more traditional models however, multirotor flyers don't need club fields. In addition I believe that the welcome everyone receives here is not a universal thing. I have visited other club fields, some where you are practically shunned if your models aren't hand built from balsa and even foamy planes are frowned upon. Some where helis are not welcome, many where quad flyers are not welcome. I don't believe we, as an organization, had a solid plan for drawing in youth or even middle aged members. Membership and interest, as a whole, in the hobby has been declining for some time. Viable local flying fields truly were the essential and most important thing to focus on if there were to be any chance at survival.

I've seen gatherings at flite test events where there were large numbers of youth participating, so it is possible to attract and interest the younger crowd. I don't believe it is an issue with just the AMA headquarters, I think it is an issue with the way local clubs are sometimes ran. Attracting members, people interested in model aviation really and truly has to start at the local level.

The attempts to mandate membership by force using laws and regulations was a huge mistake as well in my opinion. I think that drove away more than it attracted.

I don't know what the solution is, I wish I did. Cutting costs and being more fiscally responsible could help the organization survive longer but ultimately if we can't attract the younger generation to the hobby, and provide a value to the membership beyond just the insurance benefits, eventually we will die as an organization anyhow.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:07 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1

Hi Jester , I agree , downsize Muncie and eliminating the paper magazine are two prudent steps toward a leaner organization , I also agree with flyers1 that if no new blood is coming in eventually it won't matter how lean it gets ....
Old 04-10-2020, 10:42 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by jcmors
I belong to, what I believe is a rather unique club. It is for this reason that I continue to pay for AMA membership. Friendly bunch of guys, everyone welcome, we even have quite a few young folks in the club (mostly children of the older members but still...). You can fly anything there, planes, helis, yes even multi rotors and a few of the members have some quads in addition to their more traditional models however, multirotor flyers don't need club fields. In addition I believe that the welcome everyone receives here is not a universal thing. I have visited other club fields, some where you are practically shunned if your models aren't hand built from balsa and even foamy planes are frowned upon. Some where helis are not welcome, many where quad flyers are not welcome. I don't believe we, as an organization, had a solid plan for drawing in youth or even middle aged members. Membership and interest, as a whole, in the hobby has been declining for some time. Viable local flying fields truly were the essential and most important thing to focus on if there were to be any chance at survival.

I've seen gatherings at flite test events where there were large numbers of youth participating, so it is possible to attract and interest the younger crowd. I don't believe it is an issue with just the AMA headquarters, I think it is an issue with the way local clubs are sometimes ran. Attracting members, people interested in model aviation really and truly has to start at the local level.
Cannot agree more. AMA has lamented their difficulty bringing in new members, yet as you noted the FiteTest group has cracked the code. And I think it boils down to your first para. Some of the loudest voices in this forum about the greatness of AMA enjoy fields like yours where folks are generally welcomed warmly. Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe those are the exception rather than the rule, and thus a large part of the problem.

Additionally, a side by side comparison is illustrative:
AMA charges to join (if you want to fly); FliteTest does not
AMA clubs cost additional money to use; FliteTest fields do not
AMA clubs bring petty politics & "mine is bigger than yours"; FliteTest is the opposite
AMA clubs require time & vehicle to get there; FliteTest fields often in walking distance
AMA thinks you need to buy insurance; FliteTest lets you make that decision
AMA "makes" you support their magazines; FliteTest puts most of their content out for free
AMA models are more complex, expensive, & time consuming to get; FliteTest is the complete opposite
AMA thinks competition is important selling point to potential members; FliteTest could care less
AMA thinks a museum is important to potential members; FliteTest could care less
AMA is "family," but only if you pay more; FliteTest is "family," and costs ZERO additional

Not sure about you, but starting to see a pattern why FliteTest is getting youth involved, while AMA fails at same.

The attempts to mandate membership by force using laws and regulations was a huge mistake as well in my opinion. I think that drove away more than it attracted.
Concur. Nobody likes to be forced to join anything. All that means is that the organization trying to do the forcing is unable to create a compelling reason for people to WANT to join.

I don't know what the solution is, I wish I did. Cutting costs and being more fiscally responsible could help the organization survive longer but ultimately if we can't attract the younger generation to the hobby, and provide a value to the membership beyond just the insurance benefits, eventually we will die as an organization anyhow.
They have to admit what they've "always done" isn't working. FliteTest shows the most potential members could care less about paying for membership, could care less about magazines, could care less about a museum, could care less about competition, and are largely happy with easy & quick to build models that they can fly within walking distance. The difference is youth engagement between AMA and FliteTest is really the indicator of what works and what doesn't.

And then there's the intangibles like the "mine is bigger than yours" and petty politics that permiate many clubs. No shortage of stories about clubs that aren't welcoming. Heck even AMA admits it, I can think of at least one recent article in MA talking about the need to be more welcoming. Yet it hasn't turned around. If AMA can't even control its clubs from a new member welcoming standpoint, I'm not sure how in the world they can represent to FAA that they can provide oversight of model aviation.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:07 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Can someone point me in the direction of the "FliteTest Fields" that are often within walking distance? I am not aware of any within driving distance of where I live in SOCAL.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:16 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
Can someone point me in the direction of the "FliteTest Fields" that are often within walking distance? I am not aware of any within driving distance of where I live in SOCAL.
I have two within 100 yards of my house. A local park and a local school. That was my whole point ... with stuff that FliteTest encourages you to fly, you don't NEED to tithe to AMA HQ nor tithe to some local field miles away.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:43 AM
ECHO24

I have two within 100 yards of my house. A local park and a local school. That was my whole point ... with stuff that FliteTest encourages you to fly, you don't NEED to tithe to AMA HQ nor tithe to some local field miles away.
Flight Test is great, but after coming back from FAA's UAS Integration Office they're now pomoting FRIAs in back yards. How would
the FAA evaluate and approve thousands of these sites? How many people can fly there, how high, fast etc.? What type of aircraft?
What about neighbors? Do they have input? What about the laws defining a CBO? The list goes on. They're in La La land.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:56 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Ah, so if you can fly some small cardboard electric there it is now a "FliteTest field". Clever. I fly models in various open fields, etc. near me as well. I guess those are "AMA Fields" by your definition.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:33 AM
franklin_m

Flight Test is great, but after coming back from FAA's UAS Integration Office they're now pomoting FRIAs in back yards. How would
the FAA evaluate and approve thousands of these sites? How many people can fly there, how high, fast etc.? What type of aircraft?
What about neighbors? Do they have input? What about the laws defining a CBO? The list goes on. They're in La La land.
I believe that once FAA sees that the FRIA all but results on forced membership in a private organization, and OMB sees that this results on $60 million in annual costs, one or both will kill that concept. What will replace it is a LAANC-like solution (in class G) that may also include / require a 400 foot limit if you don’t have remote ID compliant equipment. Those two in combination solve the overwhelming RemoteID problems for the vast majority of recreational flyers - the 1.1 million FAA registrants that are NOT members of AMA.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:36 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
Ah, so if you can fly some small cardboard electric there it is now a "FliteTest field". Clever. I fly models in various open fields, etc. near me as well. I guess those are "AMA Fields" by your definition.
Yet again we see why AMA is losing members - note the arrogant and pejorative use of “cardboard electric” to describe what many fly quite happily. And without need to tithe to AMA.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:29 AM
ECHO24

I believe that once FAA sees that the FRIA all but results on forced membership in a private organization, and OMB sees that this results on $60 million in annual costs, one or both will kill that concept. What will replace it is a LAANC-like solution (in class G) that may also include / require a 400 foot limit if you don’t have remote ID compliant equipment. Those two in combination solve the overwhelming RemoteID problems for the vast majority of recreational flyers - the 1.1 million FAA registrants that are NOT members of AMA.
Few will want to report themselves to the FAA (and police) every time they fly. It also isn't clear if this would require a
subscription like non-eqipped participant. It's only LAANC-like in concept and undefined at the moment and would be
run by for-profit companies. In any case, the FAA rejected voluntary declared intent.

I once though a straight LOS exemption was the answer. That's not possible with jets and 50lb. gas models. It would
take some work to get it down to something acceptable but it's too late now. AMA only pitched a straight exemption,
which the FAA also rejected.

AMA has killed off the non-AMA RC flyer if FRIAs are all that's left. That's what I see. It's also a dead end for AMA.
Without those outsiders AMA will wither with no new members. That might be sooner than later with the coronavirus.
On HobbyKing's website 9 out of the first 10 aircraft are out of stock or backordered. As remote ID gets closer these
manufactures and retailers will sell what they have and not replace inventory, and lay off all non-essential workers.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:19 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

It's also a dead end for AMA.
Without those outsiders AMA will wither with no new members.
I respectfully disagree with this statement. The AMA is a by the members, for the members organization (hypothetically, anyway!). Unlike the popular American vision, it does not need to become increasingly larger, rather, simply suit its membership. While there are still members whose primary focus is "traditional" modeling, the AMA can remain relevant. As long as the AMA leaderships focus is on growing the membership at any cost and filling its coffers to cover its bloated budget, it's membership ranks will continue to decline and eventually dissolve. If it were to aggresively re-structure and truly understand and focus on it's "core" membership, I believe there is a chance that they could regain the respect they once had in our communities and with the Feds.

Astro
Old 04-11-2020, 11:36 AM
franklin_m

Few will want to report themselves to the FAA (and police) every time they fly. It also isn't clear if this would require a
subscription like non-eqipped participant. It's only LAANC-like in concept and undefined at the moment and would be
run by for-profit companies. In any case, the FAA rejected voluntary declared intent.

I once though a straight LOS exemption was the answer. That's not possible with jets and 50lb. gas models. It would
take some work to get it down to something acceptable but it's too late now. AMA only pitched a straight exemption,
which the FAA also rejected.

AMA has killed off the non-AMA RC flyer if FRIAs are all that's left. That's what I see. It's also a dead end for AMA.
Without those outsiders AMA will wither with no new members. That might be sooner than later with the coronavirus.
On HobbyKing's website 9 out of the first 10 aircraft are out of stock or backordered. As remote ID gets closer these
manufactures and retailers will sell what they have and not replace inventory, and lay off all non-essential workers.
I think there’s room for intelligent people to disagree on this. I “self report” every time I fly, as I live in the corner of a 400 foot class D surface area. It costs me zero (ap is free) and takes 30 - 45 seconds to do. The longest it’s taken to get approval has been, at most, a minute. I personally think that I’d they make it easy, and I think it is, many will do it. More over time.

As to your future of AMA if It becomes FRIA only, I completely agree. I believe, though admit I cannot prove, that AMA pitches the FRIA idea to the FAA as yet another attempt at forced membership. I think it’s plausible. AMA actively said for a long time that 336 required membership - and AMA pushed for that too - so I’m not naive enough to think they didn’t try it again.

Now, what happened was AMA didn’t get what they thought they were getting. The whole timeout thing & fade out over time threw a wrench in their plans. I also don’t think they considered that OMB will likely take issue with $60 million in annual costs to use FRIA (just in AMA dues - more if club cost included). I also think it’s entirely possible that FAA carefully crafted the FRIA concept to “throw AMA a bone” knowing that forced membership and the costs would get it killed. Makes it way easier to degrade to 400 AGL everywhere in class G and LAANC limit in controlled airspace ... unless you have active individual remote ID.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:32 PM
ECHO24

I think there’s room for intelligent people to disagree on this. I “self report” every time I fly, as I live in the corner of a 400 foot class D surface area. It costs me zero (ap is free) and takes 30 - 45 seconds to do. The longest it’s taken to get approval has been, at most, a minute. I personally think that I’d they make it easy, and I think it is, many will do it. More over time.

As to your future of AMA if It becomes FRIA only, I completely agree. I believe, though admit I cannot prove, that AMA pitches the FRIA idea to the FAA as yet another attempt at forced membership. I think it’s plausible. AMA actively said for a long time that 336 required membership - and AMA pushed for that too - so I’m not naive enough to think they didn’t try it again.

Now, what happened was AMA didn’t get what they thought they were getting. The whole timeout thing & fade out over time threw a wrench in their plans. I also don’t think they considered that OMB will likely take issue with $60 million in annual costs to use FRIA (just in AMA dues - more if club cost included). I also think it’s entirely possible that FAA carefully crafted the FRIA concept to “throw AMA a bone” knowing that forced membership and the costs would get it killed. Makes it way easier to degrade to 400 AGL everywhere in class G and LAANC limit in controlled airspace ... unless you have active individual remote ID.
FRIAs don't have to fail for that. The NPRM is a total rebuke of the AMA with the FAA saying (we've put up with your
crap long enough) here's how and where you're going to operate until you're out of business.

You don't have a problem calling in your flights, but the FAA rejected self-declare because of voluntrily compliance.

vii. Grandfathering of Legacy UAS

"The FAA considered allowing UAS that would not be able to retrofit to continue operating
in the airspace of the United States using software-based flight notification with telemetry."

"The FAA did not pursue this option because it would not meet the mission needs of the proposed
rule for security, performance, and information quality.. it relies on the individual operator to proactively
report their location to a USS
. Conversely, ... If the UAS cannot connect to the USS, the unmanned aircraft
will not take off."

This is non-equipped network participant. It includes the operator ID, location, altitude, and time and duration
of flight transmitted through a phone or tablet in real time to a USS provider. If the FAA rejected that it is hard
to believe they would now give in and accept the "give us a call and tell us where you're flying" plan.

Last edited by ECHO24; 04-11-2020 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:14 PM
franklin_m

FRIAs don't have to fail for that. The NPRM is a total rebuke of the AMA with the FAA saying (we've put up with your
crap long enough) here's how and where you're going to operate until you're out of business.

You don't have a problem calling in your flights, but the FFA rejected self-declare because of voluntrily compliance.

vii. Grandfathering of Legacy UAS

"The FAA considered allowing UAS that would not be able to retrofit to continue operating
in the airspace of the United States using software-based flight notification with telemetry."

"The FAA did not pursue this option because it would not meet the mission needs of the proposed
rule for security, performance, and information quality.. it relies on the individual operator to proactively
report their location to a USS
. Conversely, ... If the UAS cannot connect to the USS, the unmanned aircraft
will not take off."

This is non-equipped network participant. It includes the operator ID, location, altitude, and time and duration
of flight transmitted through a phone or tablet in real time to a USS provider. If the FAA rejected that it is hard
to believe they would now give in and accept the "give us a call and tell us where your flying" plan.
Good points. I missed that in the NPRM. Since their non-compliant option depended on FRIAs, and those might run into problems based on forced association and/or OMB challenge due to cost, will they relook at the option above? Or, they just might set weight limit low enough to allow PF type stuff generally at low altitude and then everything bigger (ie sizes typically flown by AMA) to require remote ID? That would really make it tough for AMA to attract new members.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:50 AM
fliers1

I wonder if anyone has ever given any thought to the fact that the profit oriented industry as taken advantage of the club volunteer flight instructors for decades. By definition, volunteers are supposed to do for free to financially benefit the industry. Maybe many club members finally caught on. If the industry wants a hands-on promotional sales force, let them hire people to do that. All other types of the industry has paid salesmen, why not the profit making RC aeromodeling industry? That's precisely why the hobby is and has been on a downward spiral for decades. Maybe many members are tired of being suckers for the industry.

Last edited by fliers1; 04-12-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.