Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ending mini-lawyering ... is it past time for AMA to require members follow the law?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Ending mini-lawyering ... is it past time for AMA to require members follow the law?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
It's just another play out of the left's playbook. Shut those down that don't agree. Sad.

Astro

That took longer than I expected. There is no left/right in this except in the minds of people who see everything through that lens. As far as the left wanting to squash dissent, that is just too ironic for words.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:49 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Which is an outright LIE, Notice that we had a productive conversation going until you two came in and started with the insults and lies.
If you are going to claim that I insulted you and posted ANY lie, please do the responsible thing and quote/post it. Until you do that, keep your unfounded accusations to yourself.

Astro
Old 05-24-2020, 09:51 AM
astrohog

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
That took longer than I expected. There is no left/right in this except in the minds of people who see everything through that lens. As far as the left wanting to squash dissent, that is just too ironic for words.
Not even worth a response.

Astro
Old 05-24-2020, 10:12 AM
ECHO24

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
So , getting back to Franklin's original topic , my question to all would be this ;

As per my quoted post above , it does appear that the AMA safety code promotes following all laws and regulations in our RC flying endeavors . There is also already a mechanism in place within the AMA for terminating the membership / insurance for those who fly outside the safety code and cause property damage or other physical mayhem due to their errant flying . So what more should the AMA do with regards to policing it's members ? When does a pure accident with a trainer morph into the same territory as an accident with someone flying in a deliberately unsafe manner as to which punishment should be doled out by whom , and who gets to decide where the boundary lies between the two ? For a group of people who think the AMA EC is trying to grab power any way it can , would you really want to see even more power (the power of whatever punishment is being called for here for RC flying misdeeds) put into the hands of people you already don't trust with the admittedly quite limited power they've already got ?
AMA rules are the de facto standard for ALL RC flying, not just members,and will be until FRIAs are rolled out. Since 336 every
drone owner has been required to follow the rules of a "community-based organization, AMA being the only one, as a result of the
CBO scam.

AMA has no authority over those people, so what difference would the "power of punishment" (whatever that is) make to the lawless
culture of RC? Isn't that the whole problem, AMA wanting forced members but someone else to police them? And at the same time
tying the FAA's hands with 366. With FRIAs it no longer matters anyway. FRIAs are cut off the outside world.

If it was up to the FAA we wouldn't even have FRIAs, going by the NPRM. That rebuke was no doubt over AMA's president a month
earlier telling RC flyers they don't need to comply with the law. That's AMA's idea of enforcing the "rules".

@ speedracertrixie

I'd say that isn't Franklin. It's not his tone or style of writing: "And just for giggles".
I don't see Franklin giggling. I also don't see Franklin threatening anyone. Furthermore,
for anyone just banned it would be stupid and Franklin is not stupid.

There are plenty other AMA critics banned from there who could have created
that account. I wouldn't be so quick to accuse Franklin without evidence.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:52 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Echo, you are correct I don't have any evidence that Franklin wrote that post, just as he has no evidence that I was the reason he was banned from RCG, or that I posted a link to his personal information or that I created the account Mach5nchimchim here on RCU but it did not stop him from making those accusations. If he wants to cry over the way he is being treated perhaps he should look at the way he treats others first.

I predict it will take less then 30 minutes for Astro to put his spin on my comments above.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:48 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which is an outright LIE, here is the extent of my actively working to get you banned on RCG. The fact is that you for years created anti AMA threads in the Advocacy forum instead of the AMA forum. You were banned because of repeated off topic threads.
Of which there are many off topic threads, and yet YOU singled out mine as part of a personal vendetta because, God forbid, can actually point to specific actions, specific spending, specific decisions, and monumental strategic errors of your beloved AMA. If the title of the forum is "Advocacy", then how is Speedy not equally active getting these folks sanctioned for being "off topic" in the "Advocacy" forum?
- UK drone registration - what is the actual legislation?
- Another nail in the coffin: Blue Angels drone encounter
- Geese are drones too? FAA chimes in.
- Neighbor Issues
- DJI Drones Donated to LEO
- A Free For All Compaint Thread about FAA/DOJ actions
- Discussion
- Coronavirus

Just to name a few...
But he reality is that Speedy (and the RCG mods) are perfectly fine with off topic posts in that forum, as the threads above and many others demonstrate. But what gets their you know whats in a bunch is is when it's off topic AND about the AMA. The proof is evident by the very different way off topic posts on that forum are handled. Again, NO action by Speedy on any of the great many off topic posts in that forum, just on mine. Gee, what's different? Oh yes, mine discuss his beloved AMA. So it's either personal or a way of shutting down dissent about AMA. Pick one, I really don't care, as his motives are evident by his actions.

Funny how you expect everyone else to be accountable for their actions you you want to blame me for getting you banned when all I did was point out your multiple site infractions.
What's funny is that your lack of action on many other off topic posts, compared to actions on just mine, show your true motivation.

Then of course you make up a troll account and send me a nasty PM.
Speedy my friend, I didn't do it. Candidly, I wish it was me, as it was pretty well written and quite an accurate appraisal. But if it makes you happy to believe it, then go right ahead. Because you know what? Despite shutting down dissent on the other site, your beloved AMA is still dying. Just because you don't read about in those forums any more doesn't make it any less true.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:53 AM
franklin_m

...just as he has no evidence that I was the reason he was banned from RCG...
Uh, you did post the complaint above did you not? And it was VERY shortly after that I got an initial infraction, then a very sudden flurry of them. Almost like someone (gee, wonder who) was making multiple complaints.

... or that I posted a link to his personal information ....
That I'm saving for potential action using other venues...
Old 05-24-2020, 12:31 PM
speedracerntrixie

Franklin, as I said before the post that I pictured here was the only complaint that I made about your off topic threads. Regardless, had you not broken the rules over there MULTIPLE times then nothing I would have said would have caused your banishment. What you are saying is a kin to being pulled over for speeding and trying to justify it pointing out that everyone was speeding.

Obviously you felt the NEED to create off topic threads over there in spite of it breaking the rules. Sound familiar? Don't you criticize others for their NEED to ly over 400'? Oh but wait, I know you will come back with one being a site rule and one being law, claiming a big difference does you would be right. Of course at the root of that is that you felt you were entitled to create off topic in the same manner as you feel entitled to talk to anyone in any manner you wish because you feel you are right. Guess what bud, you don't need to be an a__ h___ to get your point across.

Again, note that this thread was on topic and did not degrade to a personal level until you and Astro came in and started with your usual sarcastic crap.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:40 PM
franklin_m

Franklin, as I said before the post that I pictured here was the only complaint that I made about your off topic threads. Regardless, had you not broken the rules over there MULTIPLE times then nothing I would have said would have caused your banishment. What you are saying is a kin to being pulled over for speeding and trying to justify it pointing out that everyone was speeding.
No, I merely noted that you were so proud of your complaint that you posted it here. Yet no similar action against any number of other off topic posts. So it's not me that's creating the singular action, it's you. But again, that's ok. Why? Because despite your actions to shut down alternative voices to protect your beloved AMA, it is still dying. And that was before COVID. Remember, toy planes come from discretionary money, and with unemployment approaching 20%, there won't be much of that.

Obviously you felt the NEED to create off topic threads over there in spite of it breaking the rules. Sound familiar? Don't you criticize others for their NEED to ly over 400'? Oh but wait, I know you will come back with one being a site rule and one being law, claiming a big difference does you would be right.
And yes, there is a big difference between willfully breaking a law, and putting manned aircraft and people on the ground at risk due to that act, and publishing something that you perceive is off topic in a forum.

Guess what bud, you don't need to be an a__ h___ to get your point acrouss.
And guess what? If your beloved AMA wasn't as screwed up as I've pointed out, it wouldn't need folks like you to shut down dissent - in vain attempt to keep it from it's ultimate demise due to lack of funds as a result of their monumental strategic mistakes ... ones they continue to repeat.

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-24-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:09 PM
astrohog

Again, note that this thread was on topic and did not degrade to a personal level until you and Astro came in and started with your usual sarcastic crap.
Actually that is not true. I am still waiting for you to back up your accusations. In fact, I can probably count ten posts where I have asked you to clarify your position or statements with facts, but you just ignore them and keep flaming those who don't step in line with your views.

Just because you don't like what I say, doesn't make it sarcastic or personal, unlike your name-calling and other disparaging remarks. Quit calling the kettle black.

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 05-24-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:32 PM
ECHO24

Echo, you are correct I don't have any evidence that Franklin wrote that post, just as he has no evidence that I was the reason he was banned from RCG, or that I posted a link to his personal information or that I created the account Mach5nchimchim here on RCU but it did not stop him from making those accusations. If he wants to cry over the way he is being treated perhaps he should look at the way he treats others first.
You're talking to the wrong guy. I also got kicked out of there by the AMA crybabies whining to the moderators.
By your own admission you turned in Franklin. Like Franklin said, anything goes unless it's negative about AMA.

They're so far in the tank that Jason Cole once did a feature on a tethered multi-rotor window washer claiming
it too was a "model aircraft". Tell me that's not living the AMA drone-is-a-model aircraft dream!

What I don't get is why you're here when you could be over at that other forum enjoying the warm glow of
AMA propaganda and semi-literate constitutional experts.

Old 05-24-2020, 04:30 PM
speedracerntrixie

Last I checked this is America and I am free to go where I please.

I suppose you could say I tuned him in but that does not mean that he wasn't breaking the site rules in the first place. Hmmm shoot the messenger? I've heard that phrase many times in Franklin's defense. From his posts here today I get the feeling that he will spend the next few years grinding his axe against the AMA and RCG.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:13 PM
ECHO24

Sounds like you beef is you can't get Franklin kicked out here.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:32 PM
speedracerntrixie

My beef is that he is pushing to end the aspect of the hobby that I enjoy to satisfy his own vengeance against the AMA.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

My beef is that he is pushing to end the aspect of the hobby that I enjoy to satisfy his own vengeance against the AMA.
Could you show me where Franklin has called for the AMA to be dissolved/shut down? What I see him mainly saying, repeatedly, is that Rich Hanson needs to be fired for his actions and the AMA needs to learn to spend member's dues in a fiscally responsible manner. I've never seen him post anything that said to discontinue pattern flying or glider competitions. He's pushed for transparency in what the EC is doing and to have the minutes of meetings disseminated to members in a reasonable time, not having to wait until the next month or longer. He's pushed for dropping the quest to get drones under the AMA's umbrella as we all know they want nothing to do with being under Rich Hanson's thumb. Please show me where I've misread any of that
Old 05-24-2020, 07:24 PM
speedracerntrixie

He has said numerous times that he supports the 400' altitude limit and he is against the FRIA concept. Those two items should they go as he wishes would end IMAC, Pattern and Soaring.

You may want to read that again, I did not claim he is trying to shut down the AMA.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 05-24-2020 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:35 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Could you show me where Franklin has called for the AMA to be dissolved/shut down? What I see him mainly saying, repeatedly, is that Rich Hanson needs to be fired for his actions and the AMA needs to learn to spend member's dues in a fiscally responsible manner. I've never seen him post anything that said to discontinue pattern flying or glider competitions. He's pushed for transparency in what the EC is doing and to have the minutes of meetings disseminated to members in a reasonable time, not having to wait until the next month or longer. He's pushed for dropping the quest to get drones under the AMA's umbrella as we all know they want nothing to do with being under Rich Hanson's thumb. Please show me where I've misread any of that
You are wasting your breath with Speed, we all are. He is all about himself and his precious competition. He could care less about the jet guys, the giant scale guys, etc. it's all about him and the recognition and admiration he gets from his minions, not the others that enjoy this hobby. Seen it before many times, in fact he hit the nail on the head earlier when he mentioned the, "in crowd". That is what it is all about for him, being "the man". Unfortunately, those are the same guys in the "good ole boy club" that have absolutely sucked the fun and enjoyment out of this hobby for many and run many a fine club into the ground.

Astro
Old 05-24-2020, 07:37 PM
astrohog

Careful, your true colors are showing again. You REALLY think Franklin's issues are with YOU? Pretty self-important, aren't we? LOL

Astro
Old 05-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

He has said numerous times that he supports the 400' altitude limit and he is against the FRIA concept. Those two items should they go as he wishes would end IMAC, Pattern and Soaring.

You may want to read that again, I did not claim he is trying to shut down the AMA.
I agree with him on the 400 foot limit. I also feel that if a club wants to exceed that limit, the FAA should be contacted so they know about it in advance. As I said in an earlier post, the group that hosted an event that contacted the FAA first did it right. The FAA had no problem with it and let them proceed, nothing wrong with that. The issue is "droners" that just fly where and when they want. The 400 foot limit is primarily aimed at them, not you or your hobbies. I called out two "droners" for flying in downtown Seattle when this whole thing started. One was recording the observation deck of the Space Needle(which is 500 feet AGL) and then flew down the street and started recording inside apartments several stories above the ground. The second crashed into the Seattle "Big Wheel" ferris wheel on the waterfront at its upper arc, again well over 400 feet AGL. Both were flying around several helipads that are registered with the FAA, some being hospital air ambulance terminals. Both were flying illegally, called it then and I'll repeat it now.
As for the Fria concept, I'm not in favor of it myself but, until it becomes fact or stays fiction, I'll leave that one alone
Old 05-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by astrohog
You are wasting your breath with Speed, we all are. He is all about himself and his precious competition. He could care less about the jet guys, the giant scale guys, etc. it's all about him and the recognition and admiration he gets from his minions, not the others that enjoy this hobby. Seen it before many times, in fact he hit the nail on the head earlier when he mentioned the, "in crowd". That is what it is all about for him, being "the man". Unfortunately, those are the same guys in the "good ole boy club" that have absolutely sucked the fun and enjoyment out of this hobby for many and run many a fine club into the ground.

Astro
Maybe, but for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We may be in what he calls "the In Crowd", but he's definitely one of the "AMA Minions", he just hasn't admitted it to anyone yet, even himself.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:14 PM
FUTABA-RC

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
, is that Rich Hanson needs to be fired for his actions
Hanson is not an employee of the AMA. He cannot be fired. He is the elected President. The members elected him. You need to make your case to them.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:54 PM
ECHO24

It's AMA who has killed the entire RC flying hobby, past tense, specifically president Hanson's belligerence with
the FAA and all other outrageous actions and the yes-men (and women) at AMA who have gone along with his
schemes and false statements. Franklin had nothing to do with any of it.

That statement in the NPRM that the FAA considered not allowing FRIAs does not have to be in there. In the
following paragraph the FAA estimates 400,000 RC aircraft would be grounded without FRIAs. The FAA could
not do that politically, so that really isn't why it's in there. It is a shot across the bow warning AMA to cease telling
hobbyists they don't have to follow the law.

Hanson's key statements are works of pure deceit. Yet even when spelled out in black and white, the apologists
chose to remain oblivious to how dishonest, broken and dysfunctional top management is at AMA.

FAA's planning is over ten years so FRIAs won't end overnight. Some may go on indefinitely. Count your blessings.

Last edited by ECHO24; 05-24-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:14 PM
Hydro Junkie

Hanson is not an employee of the AMA. He cannot be fired. He is the elected President. The members elected him. You need to make your case to them.
He can be voted out of office by the membership, forced out by the government with a resign or else ultimatum or removed several other ways. No one is untouchable, including Rich Hanson. The problem is he has his "minions" of "yes men" protecting him as well as control of the AMA's publications. Until he's exposed for what he is, something that he's not going to allow if he can avoid it, he's going to stay president and be the leader of a sinking ship

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 05-24-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:54 PM
FUTABA-RC

I never said he was untouchable. I merely pointed out he is elected and cannot be "fired" beyond being voted out of office. And you are dreaming if you think the FAA can, or would, do anything to force out the head of a private organization.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:32 PM
Hydro Junkie

I never said he was untouchable. I merely pointed out he is elected and cannot be "fired" beyond being voted out of office. And you are dreaming if you think the FAA can, or would, do anything to force out the head of a private organization.
Who said anything about the FAA? There is more than one federal organization that can exert pressure on the AMA. The FAA is just the most obvious choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.