Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 05:09 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

That is easy, "X" out the "aceboo" in the link address and it will post just fine. I have seen others do it that way.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:17 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
That is easy, "X" out the "aceboo" in the link address and it will post just fine. I have seen others do it that way.
OK I'll try.

Shame that commercial considerations prevent me to showing you John's version.

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 04-07-2020 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:26 AM
FlyerInOKC

Both links work! I think that is the unofficial state song of Arkansas. Though I worked with a a gal from Tasmania years back and she led me to believe it is the official song of Tasmania!
Old 04-07-2020, 06:04 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

It has been reported the tigers at the zoo has covid-19 If this is true it is definitely wise to isolate ones self, If wild animals can get the virus and spread it around we are in a serious mess. no matter what, I am staying away from everything.
even mail delivery has me concerned. I trust you are all well and being cautious.

I have also noticed it is much more quiet around here except for the train hauling materials for the asphalt plant down the street, the real problem is they deliver and use the horn in the middle of the night or early in the morning, during the rest of the day they are mostly quiet, seems like lousy timing to me.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:27 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
It has been reported the tigers at the zoo has covid-19 If this is true it is definitely wise to isolate ones self, If wild animals can get the virus and spread it around we are in a serious mess. no matter what, I am staying away from everything.
I think it is a good idea to keep more than a 6 foot distance from tigers, IYKWIM.

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
If you are tired of living under house arrest, here's something to amuse you. I have been known to perform at open mike nights. Several local musos have been putting videos of themselves on a well-known social media site, presumably using their Smartphones.
I posted a YouTube video of me containing my singing of the public domain 1887 Trust and Obey song with me playing my keyboard in accompaniment. A little history is contained in https://www.godtube.com/popular-hymns/trust-and-obey/

Some Brazilian music recording company is claiming exclusive rights, I nicked their tune. I filed a counterclaim, for which I am waiting for a response. The problem is that YouTube uses artificial intelligence computer programming to identify possible matches of posts containing copyrighted content. This is readily apparent as it was identified as soon as I uploaded it. I don't have monitization turned on, but I have heard that YouTube sometimes turns it on anyway when these type discrepancies pop up.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:48 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I have been watching Kieth Appletons videos of his repairing of steam engines, and he was commenting on the one video that it was flagged as adult content. He was replacing the drain cocks on the cylinders. Can't understand WHY it would get flagged as adult content.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:11 AM
FlyerInOKC

It seems to me Artificial Intelligence can be as stupid as the organic kind!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Originally Posted by donnyman
even mail delivery has me concerned. I trust you are all well and being cautious....
Too right Donny! If this virus can put a British Prime Minister into intensive care it can hit anyone.

Let's be sensible chaps!
Old 04-08-2020, 11:43 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

I had a surprise visitor this morning.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:25 AM
FlyerInOKC

Venison steaks on the hoof!
Old 04-09-2020, 07:07 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Too right Donny! If this virus can put a British Prime Minister into intensive care it can hit anyone.

Let's be sensible chaps!
The covid 19 virus has no prejudice, or feelings for you or your station in life, no matter who or what you are, the virus wants you!

Last night I put in several hours in the shop, It felt real good and progress was had on my king kobra, It was full of filler so I put it aside to dry and I started to complete the wing. I ran into that well known problem of no matter how many times I cut the wood it remained too short That is when I knew it was time to get some sleep.

I want to put a door over the nose gear and did not do a very good job with the kit bird so I will have to put more thought into this one. Looking around my shop at incomplete models it looks like the gear door problem has existed for quite sometime
Old 04-10-2020, 06:38 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Telemaster, here's something you may not have seen yet, published yesterday. Seems pensioners (retirees) have all sorts of ways to get themselves into a little bit of a bind, the French not excepting.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/0...ign=syndicated

Originally Posted by The Register
An elderly and reluctant Frenchman was ejected from a French Air Force fighter during a retirement day jolly – and narrowly missed taking the pilot with him, an investigation report littered with unintentional howlers has revealed.The unnamed 64-year-old was éjecté from the two-seat Rafale-B from a height of 2,500ft in March last year after grabbing his ejection seat handle to steady himself, France's BEA-E aviation investigator concluded.
It makes for a somewhat humorous read. Please enjoy all your mornings, fellow builders and fliers.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:12 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yikes Mike, some year back I was member of the U.S. Coast Guard and stationed at the Air Station Humboldt Bay California. I was asked one weekend if I wanted to go for a demo flight on a HH65-A helicopter. I got to ride in the co pilots seat and was very excited about about my upcoming flight. The pilot told me bluntly not to touch any of the controls and to keep my feet off the foot pedals! it was an hour long flight as we flew to a local event as we go there one of the guys was lowered from the side hoist down to the ground which he got out and then got back in. The pilot who was a very standoffish person kept yelling at me through the entire flight to keep my feet away from the pedals at least three times. I fidgeted a lot trying to get comfortable in that seat and I might have hit one of the pedals but not on purpose! ha That happened almost thirty years ago and that was the only time that I got to go for a flight on my 4 year enlistment.
good day
Michael Johsnton
Old 04-10-2020, 07:44 AM
FlyerInOKC

My oldest son turns 40 today and as his loving father I sent him an appropriate card!

Old 04-10-2020, 07:50 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
Telemaster, here's something you may not have seen yet, published yesterday. Seems pensioners (retirees) have all sorts of ways to get themselves into a little bit of a bind, the French not excepting.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/0...ign=syndicated

It makes for a somewhat humorous read. Please enjoy all your mornings, fellow builders and fliers.
I wonder what the ride ended up causing the pensioner's former employer after that little screw up?!

The link about the general using the fighter trainer as a personal air taxi was a real howler too!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._france_probe/
Old 04-11-2020, 08:45 PM
FlyerInOKC

Happy Easter!

The following users liked this post:
GallopingGhostler (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Yes Happy Easter Gentlemen!

As well as its religious significance, this time of the year is a time of the re-awakening of nature in the northern hemisphere. I have a cherry tree on the boundary of my property which is a picture in April. It's rather too tall for me to collect the fruit so I let the birds eat it Fortunately I have some other smaller trees in the orchard.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:59 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Good morning all of you and here's wishing you all a happy and blessed Easter Sunday. Continue to take care and be safe my friends.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:01 AM
FlyerInOKC

Very scenic David!
Old 04-12-2020, 07:07 AM
acdii

What crop you got growing there? Looks like spring wheat.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:23 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

I believe that it is spring wheat. The farmer who works that field owns several hundred head of Limousin cattle. He uses the field to grow feed for his amimals. He grew maize last year and sunflowers the year before. He doesn't own the field, he rents it.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:52 AM
FlyerInOKC

I believe that it is spring wheat. The farmer who works that field owns several hundred head of Limousin cattle. He uses the field to grow feed for his amimals. He grew maize last year and sunflowers the year before. He doesn't own the field, he rents it.
The Limousin are good looking cattle. Do you ever get to purchase any fresh beef from the farmer since he is so close? Nothing beats a perfectly marbled steak!
Old 04-13-2020, 05:34 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
The Limousin are good looking cattle. Do you ever get to purchase any fresh beef from the farmer since he is so close? Nothing beats a perfectly marbled steak!
No but I happen to own another 780 square metres of land at the boundary of the village. One day, three years ago, the farmer called, introduced himself and asked me whether I had any plans the 780 square metres. I said that I had enough difficulty keeping my existing 3000-odd square metre garden under control so we agreed that he could use my land to plant whatever he wanted on it. He later turned up with an impressive array of documents which I assumed gave him official permission to farm my land. I can speak, read and write French pretty well but even English legalese leaves me baffled, French bureaucracy even more so! So I signed everything willy-nilly and after the harvest he turned up with a big sheaf of papers under his arm and a calculator. "Great ," I thought, "I'm in for a bit of a bonus here!" He tapped his calculator and offered me 6€!

I said, "Buy me a bottle of wine!"

I am prepared to believe that I am being ripped off but can't be bothered to challenge him, in French! I do not need that land and my pensions are adequate for my needs here in France. Since then, every October I get a bottle of cheap wine!

Incidentally, I keep an account of how much fuel my van is using in order to check its mpg. How many litres to fill the tank, date, cost etc. I was feeling pretty smug yesterday when I checked the records and found that I had last filled the tank on my birthday, 11th March and that I'd still got 3/4 tank left! Obviously since the lock down I've hardly driven anywhere. Then I reflected that since "house arrest" I've had to cook all my own meals so have saved money by not eating out.Then I took a look at my wine cellar...😟

Stay safe gentlemen.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:40 AM
acdii

Irony is, gas and diesel has been the lowest in well over a decade, or longer. I haven't paid $2.09 a gallon for diesel in so long, I don't remember. Come to think of it, 2004 maybe. Filled my truck with Premium for $1.99. THAT hasn't happened in a very long time. I should probably go fill the diesel up again, it has a 26 gallon tank, so doesn't take much driving to drop the fuel gauge.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:21 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by acdii
Irony is, gas and diesel has been the lowest in well over a decade, or longer. I haven't paid $2.09 a gallon for diesel in so long, I don't remember. Come to think of it, 2004 maybe. Filled my truck with Premium for $1.99. THAT hasn't happened in a very long time. I should probably go fill the diesel up again, it has a 26 gallon tank, so doesn't take much driving to drop the fuel gauge.
The cheapest fuel around here is $1.87 Diesel, $1.65 Premium, and $1.19 Regular. I'll bet the $1.19 will go up the next time he fills his tanks. I don't think I have bought gas in 3 or 4 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.