Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New motor = faster in reverse?

Old 12-20-2019, 12:53 PM
bfox1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New motor = faster in reverse?

So I just replaced the motor in my Helion Conquest 10 MT XB and now the truck runs faster in reverse than it does in forward. I've already checked every forum imaginable trying to troubleshoot this issue but none of the solutions have fixed the problem. Perhaps someone has some fresh thoughts on how to fix something like this? Thank you so much!
Old 12-20-2019, 04:12 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

What have you tried?
Did you just replace the brushed motor, or you put in a brushless motor, and speed control?
Old 12-20-2019, 05:44 PM
bfox1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
What have you tried?
Did you just replace the brushed motor, or you put in a brushless motor, and speed control?
I basically just replaced the existing brushed motor with the exact same thing. Messing around with channel reversing did nothing.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:11 PM
funcentric

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're not alone. This is a popular problem.

This happened to me when installing a new ESC and transmitter. Quite frustrating and disappointing. Solution? You have your motor wires crossed. What you want to do is reverse the two wires and then put your transmitter setting also on reverse.

Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen. The only outcome of putting the wrong wires on the poles of your brushed motor is exactly what you've experienced. It goes backwards faster than forwards. You won't break anyting and nothing will fry. No short circuits. That's not what this type of connection is. Now that we got that concern out of the way, let's get started.

1. By swapping the two wires, what you're essentially doing is changing your reverse to forward and forward to reverse so that you'll go faster forward than reverse which is exactly what you want. But then you have the problem of your transmitter which will then brake when you're attempting to pull the throttle and will move forward when you brake.

2. That's why you need to change the transmitter's setting to reverse as well. That'll correct it and voila!

Recommended but isn't a direct solution to your problem:
Your ESC should also have some instructions on how to set the full throttle, full reverse and neutral. It's basically pressing the ESC button for a certain duration and putting it in the mode where it's recognizing to learn full throttle, full brake and then neutral. Just be sure that when you're going from full throttle to full brake, that you don't stop in between. The neutral is read at the end of the sequence.

Last edited by funcentric; 05-24-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:45 PM
GYU HOBBY RC

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please set the esc again.
Press the switch button + setting button at the same time
You can change the forward and reverse speed control by resetting the remote controller throttle setting.