Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Entry level truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 11:04 AM
lance0206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entry level truck?

looking for a entry level rc truck/truggy/buggy,I use to build them and was big into the hobby years ago.I was big into electric,Im looking to get back in again and have no clue where to start!
im sure theres all kinds of new stuff out now. use to have losi mini8,HPI savage,and traxxas etc....Can you guys recommend some vehicles so I can check them out.Scale doesnt matter just looking for ideas.
Ive been checking the site out again and theres all kinds of stuff ive never heard of.I got out of the hobby probaly 6 years ago
Old 04-10-2020, 02:52 AM
ReMiXeDg

I dont know you'll be interested in kits but check out Tekno MT410 kit it's a monster truck kit.

They also have electric buggy and truggy kits. Very high quality parts and easy simple building instructions also good parts market as all their rc mainly use interchangeable parts.

What scale exactly are you interested in and do you prefer a kit or rtr?
Old 05-24-2020, 09:06 PM
funcentric

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Entry level truck? I love mine. Brushless 1/16 scale for under $100 shipped. Sale price was in the $70's USD.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:08 PM
funcentric

I was wrong about it not being able to wheelie. It's easier with a Li-Po and if you gotta roll it into reverse and really time it to pull off the wheelie assuming it's trimmed out well.

Old 10-28-2020, 06:42 PM
GYU HOBBY RC

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

envious.
I want to buy too
Old 08-15-2022, 03:32 PM
funcentric

Originally Posted by GYU HOBBY RC
envious.
I want to buy too
You can. They're quite cheap. Now that the lastest Pro version with metal drive train and upgraded suspension is out, the first generation brushed one is quite low in price. I believe they're somewhere in the neighborhood of $85 for a brushed 1/16 vehicle.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:50 PM
rcmaniaaa

If you are serious

Nothing Beats MT10 RIVAL
This is the only 1/10 Brushless Monster truck that handles Skateparks also RTR

This is the Very best Beginner RC monster truck that will keep you in the hobby.

If you break the A arms, change them to RPM
after you have RPM arms this is totally bullet proof then.
You change after the stock ones breaks. You need bash like insane before this happens.

HBX is toy grade for childrens. Fun and cheap , if you are not dead serious. and young child less than 18years old go with HBX

Team Associated is real Hobby grade stuff if you are grown up 18years + and serious about this awsome hobby

Old 11-13-2022, 11:02 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmaniaaa
If you are serious

Nothing Beats MT10 RIVAL
This is the only 1/10 Brushless Monster truck that handles Skateparks also RTR

This is the Very best Beginner RC monster truck that will keep you in the hobby.

If you break the A arms, change them to RPM
after you have RPM arms this is totally bullet proof then.
You change after the stock ones breaks. You need bash like insane before this happens.

HBX is toy grade for childrens. Fun and cheap , if you are not dead serious. and young child less than 18years old go with HBX

Team Associated is real Hobby grade stuff if you are grown up 18years + and serious about this awsome hobby
Yeah, I'd probably have me a lot more RCs, like the Team Associated Rival MT10/Pro4 SC10, if companies offered basic kits so I could pick and choose my electronics. I'm too much of an old school RCer I guess. I'm glad to see the Pro4 SC10, and Rival MT10 RTRs doing well though. Having been an Associated fanboy since like '90, I'd like to know the whole inside scoop on deal made with rebranding the two Helion platforms.