Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Region Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:39 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Futaba Region Code

What is the purpose of the Futaba Region Code in their 12Z and 14MZ transmitters? Can I send it to Hobby Services and have it changed?

I'm currently running a JR 12XMV radio with a Weatronic RF module in it. I love the Weatronic system and have no interest in running DSMX or Futaba's FASST on my jets.

I'd like to buy a 12Z or 14MZ and run Weatronic as well but, Weatronic's T14 module adapter will only recognize a Euro coded transmitter. This has not been a problem with my JR equipment as there seems to be no such coding. 18MZ is out for me as it is not a module based radio.

Regards,

Mike
Old 02-19-2012, 05:53 AM
k_caller
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Region Code

Have you tried contacting Weatronics Support directly for an answer? It's quite possible they might be able to provide a patch for you. Does this only affect transmitters in Canada or is it seem to be for anything outside of Europe with the 12Z or 14Z? Maybe the region cade has to do with the power output of the transmitter or for that matter can Futaba shed any light as to why there is a region code?
Will be interested in what comes of this as I too am very keen with Weatronics equipment.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:46 AM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: k_caller

Have you tried contacting Weatronics Support directly for an answer? It's quite possible they might be able to provide a patch for you. Does this only affect transmitters in Canada or is it seem to be for anything outside of Europe with the 12Z or 14Z? Maybe the region cade has to do with the power output of the transmitter or for that matter can Futaba shed any light as to why there is a region code?
Will be interested in what comes of this as I too am very keen with Weatronics equipment.
Yes, Weatronic has been quite clear that their TM14 adapter only works with a Euro coded Futaba transmitter. They say they are working on one that will work with USA region code but, it is not available yet. I see you're in Germany, Assuming you're using a Euro coded transmitter, you'll have no problem using Weatronic equipment.

Power output for USA and Europe is the same so, that is not the issue, yes, would like to hear from Futaba as to why they region code their transmitters? Also, want to know if I could send it to Hobby Services and have the coding changed to Euro even though I'm in Canada?

Thx

Mike
Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 AM
k_caller

I recently downlaoded a quasi official repair maual for the 9C, etc. but haven't had a chance to look for something this specific. Maybe they touch on region codes for the 9C,Z? If so, it might be possible to change it yourself. Try this link for the download (60 pages), or do a search in RCU for Futaba Reoair Manual. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10964208
Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc
What is the purpose of the Futaba Region Code in their 12Z and 14MZ transmitters? Can I send it to Hobby Services and have it changed?
I'm currently running a JR 12XMV radio with a Weatronic RF module in it. I love the Weatronic system and have no interest in running DSMX or Futaba's FASST on my jets.
I'd like to buy a 12Z or 14MZ and run Weatronic as well but, Weatronic's T14 module adapter will only recognize a Euro coded transmitter. This has not been a problem with my JR equipment as there seems to be no such coding. 18MZ is out for me as it is not a module based radio.
Regards, Mike
<dt>Futaba - 12FG, 12Z, 14MZ, FX40 & 2.4 Module - Change Area Code & Programming </dt><dt>Futaba - MZ Module - Change Region Code

ex "Transmitter - Modules: FAQ, Pinouts and DIY Service."
under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

</dt><dt>Alan T. </dt>
Old 02-19-2012, 12:35 PM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: A.T.

Regards, Mike
<dt>http://Futaba - 12FG, 12Z, 14MZ, FX4... & Programming </dt><dt>Futaba - MZ Module - Change Region Code

ex ''Transmitter - Modules: FAQ, Pinouts and DIY Service.''
under
''Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ.'' at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

</dt><dt>Alan T. </dt>
Thanks, yes , I have found most of those posted links through Google but, they don't really help as they are now quite dated. Also, the suggested program seems like a hit or miss shot that could really screw up your transmitter and void your warranty.

I'm really interested to know if Hobby services will switch the region code for you. I'm guessing they won't and I'll have to buy the radio from Europe if I want to run the Wea module in it.

Who's the recommended Euro dealer for Futaba? I'm only familiar with where to buy in the NA market.

Mike

Old 02-19-2012, 02:37 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, yes , I have found most of those posted links through Google but, they don't really help as they are now quite dated. Also, the suggested program seems like a hit or miss shot that could really screw up your transmitter and void your warranty.
I'm really interested to know if Hobby services will switch the region code for you. I'm guessing they won't and I'll have to buy the radio from Europe if I want to run the Wea module in it.
Who's the recommended Euro dealer for Futaba? I'm only familiar with where to buy in the NA market.
Mike
Futaba International Contacts Listing
Relative Futaba Distributors should be able to provide a list of retailers in their area,
alternativelyr ask on one of the UK/European forums
e.g. UK = http://www.rcmf.co.uk
Germany:
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/
http://www.rclineforum.de/forum/
http://www.dmfv.de/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi
http://www.rcforum.de

Alan T.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:22 PM
WSLee

Dear All

Please HELP ! I have a Futaba 14MZ (Asia) and a TM14 (UK). Please help by telling me how to change the area code of my 14MZ to UK cade

Many thanks
BR
WSLee
Old 04-16-2021, 12:24 AM
jescardin

Not possible to do by owner/user. The radio must be sent to an authorized service to make the change.
And that if they accept servicing your radio as the 14Mz is out of the Futaba serviceable radios since more than a year now!
Old 05-09-2021, 06:55 AM
anilokey

Have you tried contacting Weatronics Support directly for an answer?
Old 05-09-2021, 09:32 AM
luv2flyrc

Default Old thread

The thread is 9 years old. Weatronic has been out of business for At least 5 or 6 years.
The following users liked this post:
jescardin (05-11-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 04:29 PM
anilokey

Okey, Thanks for letting me know.