Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Tippecanoe Boats T27 and T37

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Tippecanoe Boats T27 and T37

Old 09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Blackhawk32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tippecanoe Boats T27 and T37

hello this is my first post here. i'm new to the RC world and have been sailing since the 4th of July(more on me and my boat later).
i'm trying to help a friend buy her husband a RC sailboat for his birthday. he's a sailor, woodworker, and artist and doesn't have alot time to build a boat at this time. his birthday's at the end of the month, so we don't have alot of time. and, of course moneys an issue.
i found this website: [link]http://www.rc-sailboat.com/[/link] and thought the T27 would be perfect for him. at $215, it includes everything except paint, varnish, batteries, and some tools to build. its size looks like it will be easy for him to pack up and store on his big boat and bring on sailing trips. T27: [link]http://www.modelsailboat.com/t27.html[/link]
i was wondering if anyone knows of any problems with these boats? any other recommendations or advice?
Thanks, Eddie
Old 09-09-2007, 10:19 AM
gms0707

Default RE: Tippecanoe Boats T27 and T37

Why don't you recommend the boat you sail? Its more fun sailing with someone else.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Blackhawk32

thanks for responding. i have a victor blackhawk 32.
i don't know if i would recommend my boat to him. he actually helped me build it. it took us about 3-4 days to build it with a minimal amount of varnish. we wanted to get her sailing by 4th of july. he doesn't want to spend his time building a boat right now.
i only have this boat because i got it for free. a neighbor was moving out and was throwing it away. i happened to see the box with all his junk and took a peek inside. i couldn't believe it looked like a complete kit with the manual. it ended up missing the decals and a few small parts, but nothing i couldn't find, make or buy. so for a little over $100 in electronics and building materials i finally got myself a sailboat!
i love her! she's not the prettiest and fastest boat, but i love watching her sail. i'm just having a ball sailing and i want to help my buddy get a boat so i won't have to share her.

so no one here has ever heard of tippecanoe boats? they say they have been in business for 25 years and they have pages and pages of owners and theirs boats from around the world. WOW! i was also surprised that no one bid on a T37 for $30 less($235) on ebay.

here's a link to T37 ASSEMBLY PICTURES: [link]http://www.modelsailboat.com/t37a.html[/link] could someone look at this and tell me if you see any potential problems with these boats. i might want to buy one for myself someday. thanks.

after some thought i think i'll recommend the nirvana II RTR $189.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85782.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	759618  
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
TINYDANCER

Hey--I have a T37 and a couple other sail boats and the T-37 is great fun to build and to sail. My first boats were the PVC kits and then I found the T-37 and got to build a all wood boat. It sails great and the owner of the company name is Will and he is very helpful if you have questions. My boat is posted on their web site, it's the two tone green from the Carolina's.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:47 PM
N0cash

Hello Blacky!
I have a Nirvana II pro. It comes with everying except batteries. The 'Pro' version is a much better choice due to better radio and servos. If you have a pack of AA's on hand, its about 45 minutes until water.
And, it will beat your boat!
I cant reccomend any other entry level boat more highly than the Nirvana.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Arrow99

I own a couple of T-37's. One built last summer (Its on Will's site http://www.tboats.com/rc-15.html ... page down to the"from Washington Sate" ) and one in my boat shop at the painting stage with a couple of weeks yet before its ready to sail. The T-37s are pretty simple to build, not a lot of expertice is needed. Anyone with a little woodworking skill should have no problem. Most steps can be done in under an hour, however with my family and kid obligations its taken me a little more than a month to get to the painting. IMO it would make a good first RC Sailbloat.
Ron
Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Blackhawk32

wow! i thought this thread was dead. thanks for the reponse. nice boats! i still want the T-37. it'll have to wait for now. i just built a bob-about footy for my daughter's 5th birthday, so i got my wooden boat fix for now. check out RCgroups.com [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/sailboats-59/[/link] , in the winter or spring next year, a japanese guy promised a T-37 build log. this forums a little dead for sailboats.
happy sailing!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Blackhawk32

oh, you guys should recommend the T-37 in this thread: [link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755715[/link]
Old 10-21-2007, 11:50 AM
tharmer

I have a T37 as well. Sails very nice and is straight-forward to build. Will is very clever in his engineering of his boats.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Matthewdupreez

Could someone please tell me how far back the mast is on the T27?
Old 11-12-2021, 07:48 PM
CLage

Nice