Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long FPV "System"

Old 05-25-2020, 07:18 PM
Geolabman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Heng Long FPV "System"

Fellows-
Does ANYONE have ANY information on the Heng Long FPV "system". I have been getting conflection information on it. Some say it's NOT and "factory installed part" and other that say it is. AT NO TIME have seen a "review" on it. I would like to SEE how it works and how good it is. Aslo Is there a prefered vender (e-bay, amazon, web sites) that people have a GOOD relation with. The "guys" at heng-long-panzer.de are Vantastic and have LOTS of parts but shipping is expensive. Also what "main board" does it work on TK-6.0, TK-6.1? and what position does it work off of?

Please help by providing personal reviews of the FPV "system" and or photos of parts and video. Anything will help!

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Geolabman
Fellows-
Does ANYONE have ANY information on the Heng Long FPV "system". I have been getting conflection information on it. Some say it's NOT and "factory installed part" and other that say it is. AT NO TIME have seen a "review" on it. I would like to SEE how it works and how good it is. Aslo Is there a prefered vender (e-bay, amazon, web sites) that people have a GOOD relation with. The "guys" at heng-long-panzer.de are Vantastic and have LOTS of parts but shipping is expensive. Also what "main board" does it work on TK-6.0, TK-6.1? and what position does it work off of?

Please help by providing personal reviews of the FPV "system" and or photos of parts and video. Anything will help!

Thank you.
The FPV is toy grade and lags a fair amount. Don’t waist your money on that option.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:27 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsttanks
The FPV is toy grade and lags a fair amount. Don’t waist your money on that option.
^ This 100%. Add a small 5.8GHz aio cam/vtx for $20ish and you are good to go. You will need a monitor but they can be found for $50ish or more depending on size and features. With wifi FPV the lag is way too high to operate any vehicle, even a slow moving tank. 5.8GHz analog is cheap and is simple to use.
The following 2 users liked this post by Imex-Erik:
Deere_8820 (01-01-2022), Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 05-28-2020, 07:14 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DJI Mavic Air and DJI Robomaster both operate off of WiFi well enough to operate remotely. Granted DJI is not toy grade, but they do use WiFi none the less.
The following users liked this post:
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 05-28-2020, 10:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by pcsguy88
My DJI Mavic Air and DJI Robomaster both operate off of WiFi well enough to operate remotely. Granted DJI is not toy grade, but they do use WiFi none the less.
Wifi FPV sucks, even the DJI stuff. If you are just slowly floating around in the air then you don't see the lag as much. However if you slap that on a RC car, plane, or decent drone (not the AP floaters) you will see some serious lag in them. They did just release a new digital 5.8 system recently, but it still has lots of issues including lag, form factor, price (it is much more expensive to go with the proprietary DJI system than open analog), and the reception is terrible on the ground or in RF noisy environments. If you have a ton of money to waste and don't mind sharing your info with the Chinese government then go ahead and go digital FPV, but I'll stick with the much cheaper and reliable analog systems until ByteFrost releases from FatShark. To get into the DJI system is well over twice what it is for an analog system and after the first initial goggle/screen purchase it is around $20 per vehicle you want to add FPV to unlike the DJI which is around $150ish.
(oh check your email from me btw, I got that all sorted out for you!)
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 05-28-2020, 11:48 AM
pcsguy88

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Wifi FPV sucks, even the DJI stuff. If you are just slowly floating around in the air then you don't see the lag as much. However if you slap that on a RC car, plane, or decent drone (not the AP floaters) you will see some serious lag in them. They did just release a new digital 5.8 system recently, but it still has lots of issues including lag, form factor, price (it is much more expensive to go with the proprietary DJI system than open analog), and the reception is terrible on the ground or in RF noisy environments. If you have a ton of money to waste and don't mind sharing your info with the Chinese government then go ahead and go digital FPV, but I'll stick with the much cheaper and reliable analog systems until ByteFrost releases from FatShark. To get into the DJI system is well over twice what it is for an analog system and after the first initial goggle/screen purchase it is around $20 per vehicle you want to add FPV to unlike the DJI which is around $150ish.
(oh check your email from me btw, I got that all sorted out for you!)
Thank you again for clearing up that mess. Speaking of data collection, I might work for a mobile phone carrier and if you do not want everything in your life hoovered up and dispersed to world governments, you might want to toss that phone in the lake and go buy a solid 80’s car.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Imex-Erik

Thank you again for clearing up that mess. Speaking of data collection, I might work for a mobile phone carrier and if you do not want everything in your life hoovered up and dispersed to world governments, you might want to toss that phone in the lake and go buy a solid 80’s car.
Trust me, I think we are both on the same page there. With e-sims set to be the standard and enforced soon by the US Government that is going to upset a lot of security guys. I've been working with a company now for over a year or two on and off doing drone consulting and demos and WOW is some of the tech they have pretty hardcore. The jammer they are trying to get authorized (jammers are hardcore illegal in almost all circumstances here in the US to those not initiated) fits in the palm of your hand, can be daisy chained wirelessly, powers on and jams in less than 10 seconds, and runs for hours on a single charge. The big customers right now are government offices and court houses that don't want cameras and microphones turned on. They WILL have access to your modem to turn it on/off as well as have the power to turn your phone on/off too here soon. If I remember correctly I think there was only one big carrier still fighting it right?
As for tech unfortunately I'll never get rid of mine. I've even got my car's software modded. I personally run and flash my own custom Android builds too but this is at the modem level and will probably bypass that all together. Any thoughts there?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:35 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

There has been no privacy for quite a while. AI and ML are some of the fastest growing career paths a young person
can pursue. Large companies have ALL been collecting storing as much historical data as they possibly can for decades even if not
for real time analysis but for forward thinking technologies that may be able to mine the data years from now. And the government,
powered by unlimited funds ( aka your tax bucks) are the biggest data consumers of all.

Just assume everything about your life and person is known and act accordingly....

It's interesting that in the Age of Information almost anything is available online but just see what the outcome will be if you go looking for certain pieces of it...

Jerry
Old 06-02-2020, 04:23 AM
pcsguy88

Trust me, I think we are both on the same page there. With e-sims set to be the standard and enforced soon by the US Government that is going to upset a lot of security guys. I've been working with a company now for over a year or two on and off doing drone consulting and demos and WOW is some of the tech they have pretty hardcore. The jammer they are trying to get authorized (jammers are hardcore illegal in almost all circumstances here in the US to those not initiated) fits in the palm of your hand, can be daisy chained wirelessly, powers on and jams in less than 10 seconds, and runs for hours on a single charge. The big customers right now are government offices and court houses that don't want cameras and microphones turned on. They WILL have access to your modem to turn it on/off as well as have the power to turn your phone on/off too here soon. If I remember correctly I think there was only one big carrier still fighting it right?
As for tech unfortunately I'll never get rid of mine. I've even got my car's software modded. I personally run and flash my own custom Android builds too but this is at the modem level and will probably bypass that all together. Any thoughts there?
Funny you mention the jammers because I’m pretty sure the police jammed my Air when I tried to fly over a pandemic farmers market for the overhead shot. The did not care when I was around the edges, but as soon as I started to get over the snaking lines of cars I lost all connection until I turned it back on at home. Thank you auto return.

As far as the privacy with phones go, I know 2 things and suspect 2 things. Prior to 9/11 the Feds already had the ability to turn your cameras and mics on at will even if you powered the phone down and removing the battery was the only way to truly disable the phone. I suspect this is why all phones have internal batteries now. Also before 9/11 I know that every offshore Internet cable entering our country entered a switch site and split with one feed going into the Fed’s black box room and one continuing on into the public backbone to be freely distributed to us. I suspect now (and Snowden has confirmed this) that every switch site and central office in this country has black boxes gobbling up everything at the source. This is what cracks me up about VPNs since using one does not magically bypass these black boxes, they only trick Netflix into think you live in Bangladesh.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:15 AM
spinnetti

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Super easy to roll your own. I just pulled one of my cameras/vtx from a plane. I 3d printed a camera mount to drop it in the commanders coupla of my Jagdpanther, and made a little bracket to hold the vtx in the back hatch. It doesn't need any connection to the tank at all unless you want to tap it for power.
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 06-04-2020, 12:32 PM
Imex-Erik

Funny you mention the jammers because I’m pretty sure the police jammed my Air when I tried to fly over a pandemic farmers market for the overhead shot. The did not care when I was around the edges, but as soon as I started to get over the snaking lines of cars I lost all connection until I turned it back on at home. Thank you auto return.

As far as the privacy with phones go, I know 2 things and suspect 2 things. Prior to 9/11 the Feds already had the ability to turn your cameras and mics on at will even if you powered the phone down and removing the battery was the only way to truly disable the phone. I suspect this is why all phones have internal batteries now. Also before 9/11 I know that every offshore Internet cable entering our country entered a switch site and split with one feed going into the Fed’s black box room and one continuing on into the public backbone to be freely distributed to us. I suspect now (and Snowden has confirmed this) that every switch site and central office in this country has black boxes gobbling up everything at the source. This is what cracks me up about VPNs since using one does not magically bypass these black boxes, they only trick Netflix into think you live in Bangladesh.
"Auto Return" lol We call that RTC in the business (return to China). I've seen it and had it happen to me a ton of times actually. I now fly NOTHING with automation in it. Nothing. If it isn't full manual even for AP rigs I won't touch it. As for the jamming that is very hard to get approved, pretty much it comes down to military and defense contractors for that type of stuff and even then only via permits for the contractors. If you got jammed you would lose all on the Mavic Air as that uses wifi I believe for FPV versus the others that use the 2.4/5.8 RF mix. It is actually harder to jam a DJI than others due to the digital signals versus analog used on miniquads/planes but since there is software involved you can actually hack a DJI in the air and that software is already sold now.
(please excuse me if I'm incorrect on the Mavic Air, one of those Mavics use a wifi only system which has way less penetration, range, and more lag than the others. i'm not 100% up to date on my dji models as I'm an analog diy guy myself)
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 07:54 PM
Deere_8820

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ This 100%. Add a small 5.8GHz aio cam/vtx for $20ish and you are good to go. You will need a monitor but they can be found for $50ish or more depending on size and features. With wifi FPV the lag is way too high to operate any vehicle, even a slow moving tank. 5.8GHz analog is cheap and is simple to use.
I was looking at this camera as Fsttanks suggested. Do you have any suggestions on a monitor or part #?

thanks
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Deere_8820

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at this camera as Fsttanks suggested. (BETAFPV M01 AIO Camera 5.8GHz VTX Transmitter 800TVL) Do you have any suggestions on a monitor or part #?

thanks
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 02:33 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Do a Google search for Hawkeye Little Pilot. That's what I'm using, I'm using the one that goes for $99.99 and it's a great little Unit, but they have them as cheap as $50. The cheaper ones are a little bit smaller which is one of the reasons I like the one I'm using because it's almost the same width as my transmitter. Has a built-in battery that charges with any phone charger and it will pick up any 5.8 fpv system. Comes with the charger cord and the antenna and the bracket for mounting the monitor on your transmitter. I think now they even come with the Omni directional antenna, back when I bought mine I had to get that separately.
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 02:39 AM
Crius

And at the risk of being accused of trying to draw people to my non monetized YouTube channel where I don't make any money at all, I have quite a few videos there about fpv. I've put them in tanks and trucks and with the help of Imex Erik I've explored several different systems, with several different cameras and transmitters, including the Mobius cam, which I really like for tanks. It's kind of big and it's not permanently installed, but I built a bracket that drops right on the top of any tiger one and then gives you fpv as well as the ability to record video. I also did a permanently installed system on my 1/6 scale hetzer, you know, the one that shoots 50 caliber paintballs.
The following 2 users liked this post by Crius:
Geolabman (01-03-2022), GTORA2 (01-04-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Geolabman

Default FPV UPDATE (one year later)

Originally Posted by Crius
And at the risk of being accused of trying to draw people to my non monetized YouTube channel where I don't make any money at all, I have quite a few videos there about fpv. I've put them in tanks and trucks and with the help of Imex Erik I've explored several different systems, with several different cameras and transmitters, including the Mobius cam, which I really like for tanks. It's kind of big and it's not permanently installed, but I built a bracket that drops right on the top of any tiger one and then gives you fpv as well as the ability to record video. I also did a permanently installed system on my 1/6 scale hetzer, you know, the one that shoots 50 caliber paintballs.

Crius- Thank you for the completly dissreguard "KEEPING ON SUBJECT" and I WILL NOT JUST accuse you but CALL YOU OUT on your, "draw people to my non monetized YouTube channel". What you are doing has no place on this forum!
Thanks bro!

In retrospect being over one year old post, I have fabricated my OWN FPV "system". I have used a very small Eachine TX04 mini camera/transmiter and an inexpensive 4.8" LCD monator. Since I have a Leapord 2A6 it has a comanders "prisum" wich is removable. All I have done is purchase a replacement prisum and removed the upper part of is and made a plastic bracket to hold the camera. The small Li battery is places on one of the tanks bussel racks and when I want to muse the powerm is just connected to the camera. The turrent od the tank is covered with scale camoflage so you don't see any of it and it. The only thing you see is the clover-leaf antenna. Yea I could have placed everything inside the turrent but acessing it would be a pain in the ass. The way I have done it does not alter the plastic turrent in any way.

I would very much like to "post photos" but I CANNOT since I have not had the mandatory 10 posts. What a shame and the photos lell the story that 999 words cannot.

I have also came to the conclusion I need another camera to REALLY operate the tank it it's intended manor. Driving the tank using a turrent-mounted camera is EAST to do if you don't move the turrent but this is BS! Nor can I use the same kind of camera as I have on the turrent in or near the drivers possition. The drivers possition is offset to the right of the tanks centerline and just about under the tanks additional frountal amor. A camera with a remote transmiter and antenna would be prefered. I am also working on a better way to attatch the LCD monator to my comtroller. All I have done is use cardboard right now but am working on making it plastic. When I get another camera I will likly mount it the same way perhapse above or to the side od how I have it now.

Perhapse the "HARD-CORE" people won't like the way I have accomplished this task BUT I have NOT spent HUNDERDS of dollers AND have not altered the tank in any way. If I did have HUNDREDS is not THOUSANDS of dollare I would have NOT purchased a mHeng Long tank but another brand (and in all metalI)! Maybe when I finalize and throuly test MY SYSTEM I will willing to alter the tank and hide all the components but for now THIS WILL HAVE TO DO.

Perhapse after a few more posts I will update this thread with photos.

Old 01-03-2022, 02:47 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by Geolabman
Crius- Thank you for the completly dissreguard "KEEPING ON SUBJECT" and I WILL NOT JUST accuse you but CALL YOU OUT on your, "draw people to my non monetized YouTube channel". What you are doing has no place on this forum!
I'm assuming that was a joke, right?
Old 01-03-2022, 06:37 AM
Geolabman

??

Last edited by Geolabman; 01-03-2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:12 AM
Crius

So if someone has a problem and I have a video that tells them how to correct that problem you're saying it's not okay to give them a link to the video? I have absolutely nothing to gain and I really don't care if you look at my videos or not. People like you make me want to just stop trying to help guys all together. And just so you know, as to whether or not you think I should direct people to my YouTube channel, I really don't give a crap what you think. Now I wish I hadn't to tried to help you at all. I'll have to remember your username so I make sure not to make that mistake again. You asked for information about fpv and I was only trying to help you. I was not at all off topic. Now you can go take a flying leap.

And who are you, as a junior member, to try and tell me what's appropriate on this forum? I've been here for years. I guarantee you're not going to make any friends by attacking people that are only trying to help you.

Last edited by Crius; 01-03-2022 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:13 AM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Hay even the review people use youtube when there doing a review on a product I build computers as a hobby to and always check out several youtube reviews and how a certain mod was done that I like even here members post picks and video of how they did it and use youtube to store the video on it be different if Crius was asking payment but this is a hobbie he likes to help others with .
Thanks
Jimmy
Old 01-03-2022, 10:20 AM
Crius

Thanks Jimmy. Most of the guys here that have been around, like you, understand the way things really are and they understand that I don't care if anybody looks at my videos, I'm just trying to help out my fellow RC Tankers. And for that I get attacked. What a world.
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:24 PM
Geolabman

??

Last edited by Geolabman; 01-03-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:37 PM
Crius

The topic is fpv. Don't tell me I was off-topic. As for my YouTube channel, that comment was directed at someone totally different, who knows who he is, because not everything is about you. If you want the thread to be all about you and only the topics that you want discussed to be mentioned in a very strict set of guidelines, you need a different forum. At this forum we post videos and refer each other to videos all the time. We don't try to hold people to only talking about what you want them to talk about. As for what chaps your ass, nobody cares, and we also don't care what you think this forum should be about. I've wasted enough time on you. If you don't like the way the guys act on this forum, go somewhere else.

Last edited by Crius; 01-03-2022 at 04:40 PM.
Geolabman (01-03-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 02:22 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I think he was asking about the "official" HL FPV system it alludes to in the HL manual. I have never seen such a system sold by HL or ever seen a review of it.
BTW, "heng-long-panzer.de" is a private company with no official ties to the actual Heng Long company.

Last edited by tankme; 01-04-2022 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:09 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293989832086

Originally Posted by tankme
I think he was asking about the "official" HL FPV system it alludes to in the HL manual. I have never seen such a system sold by HL or ever seen a review of it.
BTW, "heng-long-panzer.de" is a private company with no official ties to the actual Heng Long company.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.