Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

CAC Boomerang Project

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CAC Boomerang Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:41 PM
WarbirdMadMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAC Boomerang Project

Hi Guys, I too am from Brissy and a member at TMAC. That Boomer you were refering to is not Lionel weeks but Brian Fuchs of Southside Hobbies. Lionel has a beautiful Mk IX Spitfire. I have photos of both and will try to post sometime.

I too have the Airborne plan for the Boomer but am scaling it to 2000mm. Theres a guy in NSW who does kit cutting and the Airborne Boomer is one plan he cuts. He can scale to any size you like from that plan. He just cut a 33%er for a guy the other day. He's scaling mine to 11% which makes the 2000mm i'm looking for. His company is

Dave Brown and Model Draughting Services,
email address, Browny [[email protected]]
1202 Rydal Hampton Rd, Hampton, 2790
ph: 02 6355 6321

I'm putting a Ryobi 31cc conversion in mine. I have three of these flying in planes at present. One in a CM Pro Zero, one in a CM Pro Spitfire and the other in a CM Pro Katana aerobat. All fly fantastically well. The Katana won't 3D but It's a great sports/aerobatic plane. Can post some pics of these as well if anyone is interested.

I would love to keep in touch with anyone building the Airborne Boomerang so keep this thread going.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43572.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	158535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12538.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	158536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65265.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	158537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44476.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	158538  
Old 07-29-2004, 01:01 AM
hawker3119

Hello there so your the chap up 11% i am the one 33% i have just about finished the fuse but i would suggest you go no further the thing is full of errors Brownie has cut spot on but it is the plans.Brownie was here the other day we think we have found the problems, he will NOT cut any more till we sort this out give me a e-mail back if you like at [email protected] regards
Old 07-29-2004, 01:46 AM
jymster
My Feedback: (9)

Tim,

I am staying with the 72" size from Airborne plans. Dave Brown has already cut me a set of formers and ribs, however, as hawker3119 mentioned Brownie is fixing up the problems and hopefully I will get a new set of formers soon.

Do you know Brian Fuchs contact details? I want to contact him to see if he has any plugs for the canopy and cowl, as I am building to the same size. It would be great if I could buy/borrow/hire the plugs from him. It would also be good to talk to him regarding where he got his scale documentation.

Regards,

James.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:59 AM
Fly-guy

KatanaMadMan,
I do belive I've seen both your planes, I love that Spit to pieces. Was it at the Scale show a few weeks ago when those blokes with their big Extras were there from Wings Over The Downs. I jsut read your post again and I know you, I've chatted to you at the club a few times about your Zero with the converted engine in it. If you have a good memory I'm the young kid at the club who flies jsut about every Saturday morning in my dads trainer or my Spacewalker.

Its really great to see al the Aussies in here together to.

Fly-guy
Old 07-29-2004, 06:57 PM
WarbirdMadMan

Hi James.
Don't know Brian personally but I know a couple of guys that do. I'll see what I can find out. I found my pics of his Boomerang. It is a masterpiece. From what I heard it took 8-9 years on and off. His weathering detail is just awesome. I'd be too scared to fly a plane that detailed. Anyway here they are, enjoy!

D@#n, this uploading images doesn't seem to be working. Will try again later. You guys will want to see this Boomer.
Sorry for the moment. Don't know whether it's me or RCU. The first upload worked. Is there a limit on this thing? That post with the pics was my first post ever. It can't be topped out yet?[][]
Old 07-29-2004, 07:12 PM
WarbirdMadMan

Hi Fly-guy,

Sorry, that spitty isn't mine, its Lionel Weeks. The Zero is mine. Can't seem to post any more pics at the moment. Not sure why. The Spitty I was talking about with the ryobi is an ARF CM Pro kit. Will post pics of it too when I can. I'm new to posting but in future will put a comment with each pic.

I don't think we have talked, cause I haven't ever flown on Saturday. I'm a weekday morning or afternoon flyer. I work not far from the club. Would like to meet sometime though. Sure is great to see the Aussies in here.

Tim
Old 07-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well well well looky all the Aussies here, glad to see it!!

I'm also a TMAC member though haven't been out a lot of late due to work trips over seas.

Just bough a couple of nice birds, 92" Spit MkXII and a P51D Mustang, 85"

cheers
Peter

Name:	Fd91767.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	158772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92983.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	158773  
Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
WarbirdMadMan

Hey nice planes Peter, where did you pick them up from? Locally in Brissy. They would have cost a pretty penny!!!!

Have you flown them yet? What engines are in them?

Very nice indeed!!!!!

Cheers Tim
Old 07-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

hi Tim,
mate they were a real bargain! Yes got them from a guy in Bris who is getting out of the hobby, he also threw in a Tiger 60 low wing, my wife will fly that. Got a giant scale belt drive starter and the fuel can and pump for the G38 thrown in too.

The Spit has a G38 , full suite of Futaba and JR servos plus JR PCM RX. IT is basically ready for flight though I want to do a few things to it like convert the fin/Rudder to MkXIV standard , add new exahust stubs and fit retractable tail wheel.

The P51 has a Super Tigre engine, not sure of the size but think it may be a 2500. Again it is fully equiped with everything except the RX. The only work I need to do is change the soft mounts and make the tail wheel doors functional.

Haven't flown either of them yet, been too busy with work and finishing off my P40 plus doing a few jobs here at home like installing a MATV system - been pulling cable all over the place!!

cheers
Peter
Old 07-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Fly-guy

Hmmmmmmmmm, Tim I still think I have met you because I remeber your converted engine that i thought was really neat. I have flown on a few weekdays so maybe it was on one of those days I met. if you are the Tim I'm thinking of, are you a New Zealander or is another guy you know who has a Spit with a converted Ryobi in it?? Anyway I would like to meat all you TMAC blokes there one day. You cant miss me look for probably the youngest pilot ther at any one time

Fly-guy
Old 07-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

not counting my little bloke who is 2. He has been known to grab the sticks and has been listening to the sound of planes since he was in Mum's tum. My wife also flies so I guess he is well and trully indocrintated.

cheers
Peter
Old 07-30-2004, 01:33 AM
hawker3119

Hello Peter what size P-40 are you doing is it scratch,kit,f/glass etc and i guess you have read about the problems i am having with the Boomarang plans cheers for now.John
Old 07-30-2004, 05:15 AM
WarbirdMadMan

Hi Fly-guy,
sound like you might have met Stu "The Kiwi" Irving. He's the owner of the Spit with the ryobi. I just put the whole thing together for him. He sometimes flys saturdays. He and I are generally down there together on weekday mornings but Stu works shift work so it depends what day he has off. Will have to organise to be down there one saturday. If you ever see the zero or spit come up and say gday.

I'm building one of the new ARF ESM Hurricanes at the moment for another friend at TMAC. Putting a ryobi in that too. Quite a nice kit but he started to assemble the wings himself and made a few mistakes. Nothing I can't fix luckily.

Hey being young is the best time to learn to fly so you're lucky.
Catch ya down there sometime.

Tim.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:23 AM
WarbirdMadMan

Here's the pics of Brian's Boomer two at a time. As I said it is a masterpiece. From what I heard it took 8-9 years on and off. His weathering detail is just awesome. Anyway here they are, enjoy!

Name:	Da83185.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	158887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55845.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	158888  
Old 07-30-2004, 05:27 AM
Fly-guy

yup, your the one I know Tim.
I have met Stu nice guy. I only get to go down on weekday mornings during the school holidays which is a bummer. Oh well, now I know which guy you are that I know so I happy now. We'll probably end up meeting down there one day.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH, are all you TMAC guys gonna be at the Mini-airshow. I will be. I can't fly yet coz' I don't have my gold wings but they are mine at the end of the year. Does anyone besides Tony do the gold wings test because I've heard a few stories around that hes a bit of a d*** when it comes to the test, like one guy (no names) told me that he made him do things that weren't even on the test, which the guy could do quite easily and STILL didnt pass him.

Anyway Fly-guy is over and out.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:30 AM
Fly-guy

Now that is a serious Boomer, I really love the weathered look of the paint. Brian has done an excellent job.

Fly-guy
Old 07-30-2004, 05:43 AM
WarbirdMadMan

Here's the next two. Wish I had taken some from a few different spots but two were taken on one day and the other two were taken at a different airshow. Couldn't remember what I had taken previously. Will get some more when it's out again. It should have flown by now but haven't heard anything from around the club. There's the Mini Airshow coming up in August so maybe it'll be there? The cockpit detail is just unbelievable. Pic doesn't do it justice. The whole cockpit can be removed from the fuselage. Enjoy again.

Cheers Tim

Name:	Fd93449.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	158889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83017.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	158890  
Old 07-30-2004, 05:58 AM
WarbirdMadMan

Yep Fly-guy will definately be at the Mini Airshow. Will chat then eh!

For your Gold Wings use Kevin Dodds. He is another instructor down there and a good one at that. You'll have no probs with him. He has a website. I think there is a link from the TMAC site. Yeah I heard the same thing about Tony for Gold Wings.

Tim.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Fly-guy

Yeh Tim, I know Kevin very well, he taught me to fly. As far as Im concerned hes the best instructor down at TMAC. Tony's a bit aggresive to be teaching newbies and Noels gettin a little to slow in the thumbs, I've seen 3 of his newbies crash in the last 5 weeks[]

Hope the airshow is better than last years where it was overcast and showering, was absolutley terrible for my photograpy, lol

Fly-guy
Old 07-30-2004, 03:33 PM
lbrande
My Feedback: (16)

After looking at the RC version of the plane and the FS version of the Boomerang, I feel that an American squadron should be assembled. Where can I obtain 1/6 scale plans for the CAC-12 and 15 in the States??

Lew
Old 07-30-2004, 08:15 PM
hawker3119

Hi Lew their are Boomarang plans here in Australia but they are faulty lots of errors we are sorting the problem out as far as laser cut parts i have 90% finished the fuse and it was a nightmare i f you care to wait the plans and laser cut parts will be avialable soon and your $ is strong cheers John
Old 07-31-2004, 05:22 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Hi John,

bit of a bugger those plans, are they the Airborne ones? Surprised that have not addressed the problem.

Ok the P40 is only a small one, a TF Kit. Broke the wing last year at the Gold Coast Warbirds meet and swear I will never go to that venue ever again. The organisers were bloody hopeless.

Anyway I have a thread going on the new wing build which is complete.

I'm hoping to get a Model design version later this year which is the 94" wingspan version. There are a couple of these flying at the moment and they are a proven kit.

Also have to nice birds I just picked up from Ray Thompson who has gotten out of the hobby. 85" P51D and a 92" Spit Mk XII all ready to fly plus lots of extras thrown in.

anyway the Bill is on ABC so I'm off.

cheers
Peter
Old 07-31-2004, 06:34 PM
hawker3119

Hi Peter yes i saw the pic's you posted on the 2 warbirds as very good and a deal as well, I will keep everyone on a heads up on the Boomarang plans we will sort them out.Yes i have a lot of time for the P-40 i have a Brian Taylor plan and sized it up 20% made my own cowls and canopy brings it to 76" w/s power will be a Laser 120,i also have the H.D. P-40 and i have that at a friends who is doing a mould E and N model but to a high standard of scale and i will do the Brian Taylor wing which is up by 32.5% this aircraft is the only one i have not scrached built my hanger concists of a B.T.Hawker Hurricane 72",same at 92",B.T., Vaultie B.T.13 84",Dennis Bryant Miles Magister 82", Mike Smart PT-19 108",and currently a Mike Smart chipmunk 102" and the Bomma all powered with Laser 4/s.Hey the Bill is a great show my e-mail is [email protected] take care regards John
Old 08-01-2004, 08:48 AM
puma79

hawker3119, you mentioned that you also have the HD P40 94" kit. What stage are you at with this project? I have one myself and would like to throw some questions back and forth regarding it.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:32 PM
hawker3119

Hi Puma the fuse is currently going under the knife to make it more scale and i am doing a Brian Taylor built up wing power will be a 3w-60 i have the retracts from Peter (works of art) wing will completed this year.Chris Howarth has one flying up at Tingalpa, i flew this one about 3 years ago has P-40 charactristics but very nice to fly i think his is powered by a G-62 with a 3 blade bolly, only to glad to help cheers.John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.