Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

BIG news for Redcat Shredder owners!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

BIG news for Redcat Shredder owners!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 09:49 AM
SilentR9

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BIG news for Redcat Shredder owners!!!!

Hi everyone, some of you may know me from the upgraded diff gears in the shredder awhile back, but I'm back with alot more punch. I'm proud to announce I have some BIG news for all of you looking for upgraded parts and accessories!! In the coming few weeks I will be opening a website, dedicated to custom CNC or cast aluminum upgrades specifically for the Redcat Shredder. Everything is already in place, and I'm waiting for components to arrive to open up shop.

Our first product, will be a 6061 servo mount. This greatly reduced slop in the steering system, and the stock mounts flexed under load giving you degraded turning radius, diminished power and slower response times. Prices at first will be slightly high, as manufacturing in the smaller batches of about 20 or so cost much more than a 100pcs batch. We're thinking for a set of the servo mounts, it would be around the $35 mark. And I'll completely honest and open, and tell you my cost to get a set shipped to me is $31. Prices will drop $10 or more, if my first 20 units of this servo mount sell. This will tell me there is a market, and I will go for a 50+ pcs batch. This same logic will be applied to the other components I'm making also. ( As seen below) I'm not looking to make a bunch of money, I'm just looking to help people out, and also because I believe the shredder is a awesome platform that can be made bulletproof with a few good mods.

I choose 6061, as I believe this is a best of both worlds for most parts. It is much much stronger than plastic, but also has some give. Unlike 7075. And other harder alloys. Anodizing in color will be a option in the future also.

Parts I already have in the works.
-servo mount (6061)
-center diff cover/bridge (6061)
-center brace supports (6061)
-front and rear hub carriers (6061)
-top servo saver plate (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...
I am redesigning the diff cases. In 6061. Also these diff cases are modified to fit arrma Kraton 8S diffs. Please go on google and look these up. They are incredible. I will be also offering custom driveshafts from 17-4 stainless. That will natively fit into the arrma diff cups, to the stock shredder axle diff cups. There may be a option in the future, for a arrma 8s axle diff cup, that will fit into the shredders hub carrier.
this diff case will also slightly widen the shredders stance on each side, giving you 10mm extra on each side for a wider stance.

Anyone who would like to see any different parts be made, please let me know. If people buy, and there's a market I will keep things in stock!
Please reply and share the news and get it out there!!!
The more buyers, the bigger batches I can order, the lower the costs. Looking forward to working with you all!!

Last edited by SilentR9; 02-21-2021 at 10:20 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by SilentR9:
bumbles (02-25-2021), jdarry319 (03-13-2021), Matt_T (07-28-2021), [email protected] (11-21-2023), SNAPDONN (08-30-2022)
Old 02-24-2021, 11:24 PM
strawsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to RC cars and just got a shredder. I'm looking for any aluminum parts I can find. I broke an upper control arm in less than 5 min of run time, so some of these parts definitely need upgraded. I'm thinking you need to post this on any other RC group or shredder pages. I know there are some on Facebook. Maybe even make a YouTube channel about it.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:47 PM
bumbles

very interested, where n when??
Old 03-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Rwilli110d

Default Leggo!!!

Originally Posted by SilentR9
Hi everyone, some of you may know me from the upgraded diff gears in the shredder awhile back, but I'm back with alot more punch. I'm proud to announce I have some BIG news for all of you looking for upgraded parts and accessories!! In the coming few weeks I will be opening a website, dedicated to custom CNC or cast aluminum upgrades specifically for the Redcat Shredder. Everything is already in place, and I'm waiting for components to arrive to open up shop.

Our first product, will be a 6061 servo mount. This greatly reduced slop in the steering system, and the stock mounts flexed under load giving you degraded turning radius, diminished power and slower response times. Prices at first will be slightly high, as manufacturing in the smaller batches of about 20 or so cost much more than a 100pcs batch. We're thinking for a set of the servo mounts, it would be around the $35 mark. And I'll completely honest and open, and tell you my cost to get a set shipped to me is $31. Prices will drop $10 or more, if my first 20 units of this servo mount sell. This will tell me there is a market, and I will go for a 50+ pcs batch. This same logic will be applied to the other components I'm making also. ( As seen below) I'm not looking to make a bunch of money, I'm just looking to help people out, and also because I believe the shredder is a awesome platform that can be made bulletproof with a few good mods.

I choose 6061, as I believe this is a best of both worlds for most parts. It is much much stronger than plastic, but also has some give. Unlike 7075. And other harder alloys. Anodizing in color will be a option in the future also.

-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...
I am redesigning the diff cases. In 6061. Also these diff cases are modified to fit arrma Kraton 8S diffs. Please go on google and look these up. They are incredible. I will be also offering custom driveshafts from 17-4 stainless. That will natively fit into the arrma diff cups, to the stock shredder axle diff cups. There may be a option in the future, for a arrma 8s axle diff cup, that will fit into the shredders hub carrier.
this diff case will also slightly widen the shredders stance on each side, giving you 10mm extra on each side for a wider stance.

Anyone who would like to see any different parts be made, please let me know. If people buy, and there's a market I will keep things in stock!
The more buyers, the bigger batches I can order, the lower the costs. Looking forward to working with you all!!
mannn......where have you been!!! I stalked you down months ago I wanted those diffs so bad.....I love the shredder platform also!! Make it happen!! Keep me posted. I will take the entire drivetrain dude!!!
Old 03-13-2021, 09:40 AM
jdarry319

Originally Posted by strawsy
I'm new to RC cars and just got a shredder. I'm looking for any aluminum parts I can find. I broke an upper control arm in less than 5 min of run time, so some of these parts definitely need upgraded. I'm thinking you need to post this on any other RC group or shredder pages. I know there are some on Facebook. Maybe even make a YouTube channel about it.
I'm excited! I plan on making my Shredder 6s capable and know it will need several upgraded to hold up to the extra power. Any upgraded spur gears?
Old 03-13-2021, 09:43 AM
jdarry319

Default You're a God send.

-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...

I'm upgrading my Shredder to 6s and will need metal parts to handel extra power. I can't wait. Any spur gears?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:53 PM
Gtotheb75

Default I'm interested.

-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...

If this is still a go, I'm very interested in buying the upgrades made for the shredder. How's the website coming?
Old 05-24-2021, 12:10 PM
juxsa

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

killer news
Old 06-16-2021, 05:22 AM
TIME MACHINE

Did he disappear again?
Old 07-15-2021, 04:14 AM
Drummerguy30243

Would love decent shocks, mine keep bottoming out, and leak from factory. I can't seem to find any upgrades to go with this truck. Does anyone recommend a center lock diff? The front diff gets so much power that it's now leaking, would like more power to the rear since there is none when it's off road.. can't find any rebuild kits anywhere, in my opinion if I'm going to buy new complete parts they might as well be upgraded! Other then that I enjoy the truck...
Old 02-16-2022, 07:04 PM
HitmanEraser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've been trying to find your website for awhile.

-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...

I hope you didn't give up because there's a whole lot of people that has this truck and they need upgrades. Next time can u give us a web address to look it up because this is the second time you left out a web address that I have seen.This post is a year old so I hope you have one by now. If you have one can you please post it here and I'll pass it on my Facebook groups for the shredder. .
The following users liked this post:
juxsa (02-17-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 09:08 PM
Carcar20

Default Redcat shredder parts

Originally Posted by silentr9
hi everyone, some of you may know me from the upgraded diff gears in the shredder awhile back, but i'm back with alot more punch. I'm proud to announce i have some big news for all of you looking for upgraded parts and accessories!! In the coming few weeks i will be opening a website, dedicated to custom cnc or cast aluminum upgrades specifically for the redcat shredder. Everything is already in place, and i'm waiting for components to arrive to open up shop.

Our first product, will be a 6061 servo mount. This greatly reduced slop in the steering system, and the stock mounts flexed under load giving you degraded turning radius, diminished power and slower response times. Prices at first will be slightly high, as manufacturing in the smaller batches of about 20 or so cost much more than a 100pcs batch. We're thinking for a set of the servo mounts, it would be around the $35 mark. And i'll completely honest and open, and tell you my cost to get a set shipped to me is $31. Prices will drop $10 or more, if my first 20 units of this servo mount sell. This will tell me there is a market, and i will go for a 50+ pcs batch. This same logic will be applied to the other components i'm making also. ( as seen below) i'm not looking to make a bunch of money, i'm just looking to help people out, and also because i believe the shredder is a awesome platform that can be made bulletproof with a few good mods.

I choose 6061, as i believe this is a best of both worlds for most parts. It is much much stronger than plastic, but also has some give. Unlike 7075. And other harder alloys. Anodizing in color will be a option in the future also.

Parts i already have in the works.
-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...
I am redesigning the diff cases. In 6061. Also these diff cases are modified to fit arrma kraton 8s diffs. Please go on google and look these up. They are incredible. I will be also offering custom driveshafts from 17-4 stainless. That will natively fit into the arrma diff cups, to the stock shredder axle diff cups. There may be a option in the future, for a arrma 8s axle diff cup, that will fit into the shredders hub carrier.
This diff case will also slightly widen the shredders stance on each side, giving you 10mm extra on each side for a wider stance.

Anyone who would like to see any different parts be made, please let me know. If people buy, and there's a market i will keep things in stock!
The more buyers, the bigger batches i can order, the lower the costs. Looking forward to working with you all!!

i need aluminum upgrades, pleassssssse!🙏🙏🙏😅 i'll pay the price!
Old 04-28-2022, 07:57 PM
Jhahn86

Default Upgraded parts please

-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...

Man please share link for parts my shredder is 8s and I am gonna need upgraded spare parts
Old 04-28-2022, 08:28 PM
Carcar20

Default Hell yeah!

Originally Posted by Jhahn86
Man please share link for parts my shredder is 8s and I am gonna need upgraded spare parts

If there's another way I can stay in contact with you that'd be awesome because I will literally buy every available upgraded as soon as they become available for sale. **** I'll even pre-order lol

i don't check my email often but if there's any way I could stay easily up to date with the progress so I can be one of the first to purchase that'd be awesome! Definitely looking forward to the upgraded parts! Keep up the good work👏👍
Old 09-12-2022, 08:41 AM
SNAPDONN

Default Can’t wait

-servo mount (6061)
-others you may suggest.
And the big one...

Some smaller stronger spur gears would be great. I’m running 8s setup. So I’m waiting on those parts👍🏾
Old 07-01-2023, 02:13 PM
fireman0127

Hi all I have purchased the new Machete and am looking for some solid aftermarket parts to make it into a true basher. Any suggestions? thank you