Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Brevard County FL float flying

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Brevard County FL float flying

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Mike Cohen
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brevard County FL float flying

Does anyone know of any locations where one can float fly in Brevard County Florida? Used to be able to in Wickham Park, but not anymore. All this water and no where to go.....
Old 05-28-2020, 06:43 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike Cohen, I have the same problem. I have an 81" wingspan Cub on floats. Electric .46 size motor with 5000 ma four cell. Had several places to fly near Saratoga Springs, NY when the lakes weren't frozen. Skis in winter, floats in spring and wheels in summer. Now living in the Villages in central Florida, water all over the place and no place to fly. We have lots of ponds in the Villages that would be good places. Clear shorelines, trees not real close but illegal to fly there. The shorelines of most of the public lakes are swamps etc.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:58 AM
Mike Cohen
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RBean, up by you I did find a club whose event you can go to. RCACF. Email their president, Bill Higdon, about joining them at one of the member's houses. I think they try to fly on the last Sunday on the month, but you may need to wait until the post COVID era. It is a little far for me, but now that I have a larger R/C mobile, and I can bring three planes, the haul should be worth it.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:51 AM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was going to sell the cub float plane, but I'll keep it for now. I'll contact Higdon at some point.