Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
=Mudbug=

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

OK Im sure this has been covered someplace in this thread but my eyes started to bleed after page 20 or so.

What type of fuel consumption can I expect out of a 120s (Oz/Min.) and 15x8 Master airscrew?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:18 PM
MaxStanford

It seems that we have a moderator that is deleting any post critical of his actions. I have screen shots saved of all posts that were deleted and will be fowarding them to RCUniverse administration. We should all demand that this excessive behavior be corrected, and if not and maybe go to a new forum such as RC Groups if this senseless deletion of posts continues. Did anyone else notice two posts dissapear from this thread in the last couple hours ?

Any man that has to supress all criticism of his actions should not be a moderator. I urge everyone to write RCUniverse administration about this issue. Sooner or later it will be YOUR post that is deleted and your words that are censored. We must all fight excessive censorship on our forums.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:31 PM
solafein

After break in and with a properly adjusted carburetor with a Velocity Stack and air filter you can expect it to use one oz. of fuel per minute per cubic inch at full throttle. There is a cool thing at the bottom of the page in the Google section where it says "search this thread". It will search the thread for your key words. You will have to word it just right but it makes it much easier.

Sorry about the non Saito part, I removed it.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
=Mudbug=

Thanks solafein, What ever will they think of next I have never noticed that before...Thanks for the info on the fuel as well.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Thunderchild

ORIGINAL: dougwill

Bill
Just an additional comment on the stuck valve problem. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple weeks ago on a almost new Saito 82. I fueled engine up thru a fueling valve, attached glow power and hit engine with starter. It fired once and the spin freely. Additional info: engine is inverted. I did not prime engine after refueling, but I also did not spin engine by hand prior to starting to check for flooding. Engine is in a UCD with the fuel tank a little higher that it should be. Also when I remove valve covers, they were full of fuel. I just touched the valve spring and it came free. I have flown 2 or 3 flights since then and it seems fine. I hop no damage was done.

Doug
Hi Doug,

Sorry I wasn't paying attention. Was this an exhaust or inlet valvle that stuck on your 82? I mentioned a stuck (inlet) valve to Bll a few weeks ago. Is it coincidence that we both had it on 82's?

TC
Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 AM
dougwill

Thunderchild In reference to stuck valve on 82. I think it was the exhaust that stuck. My situation was a little different than yours. My best guess was that excessive fuel siphoned to the engine from a tank position that is 1/2" or so higher that it is should be and filled up the valve area on the inverted engine. I hope it was a one time freak thing. This engine has 10-12 tanks on it. I would rather send it back now if there is a problem with it while it is under warrenty.

gjerffers Thanks for the tip on fueling and pumping some back. This is the fisrt time I noticed any problem with siphoning. I will have to be more careful. Thanks All!

Does anyone have a picture of the remote arm set-up for the throttle when engine is too close to firewall?

Doug

Old 05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Tom Jones
My Feedback: (4)

Doug, try dubro. They hae a four stroke kit that should do the trick. Tom
Old 05-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Tom Jones
My Feedback: (4)

Doug, sorry I must the part about pictures. Try this site http://saito-engines.info/engine_mount.html. Tom
Old 05-16-2006, 04:31 PM
FFOURU

[img][/img]

This is how I did it. I used a large servo arm, and bolted it to the engine mount.
Fairly simple, and works great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78690.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	462443  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:59 PM
hessonrn

I am building a 4 STAR 60 and will put a Saito 100 in it. I want to use a Du-Bro anti vibration mount. What is the correct size to use for this engine? A Du-Bro model 684 or a 688?

Ralph
Old 05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
MaxStanford

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Lets not get carried away here with a bunch of follow up motorcycle and boat pictures. This guy very well used a boat engine picture to demonstrate his point. Which is good.....

But, any more pictures of something not Saito might get deleted.

In the past with this thread, one explanative picture would open a endless barrage of pictures of some guy's favorite ride. This would lead the thread away from the original subject.

Enjoy,

Jim
Does it not bother anyone else here to have this level of censorship ? THREE posts from different people have dissapeared from this thread in the last 24 hours because they criticized this moderators censorship. We should be free to post any picture that relates to our discussion without the fear of some power hungry moderator threatening us or deleting our posts. If this continues I will put up a website where we can talk about this without any moderators secretly deleting our post in the middle of the night while hiding it from all of the users here. We need to complain to RC Groups administration, and if they are non responsive on this issue we should move to another more open forum such as http://www.rcgroups.com

This message will be deleted soon, so anyone willing fight excessive censorship email me at [email protected] so that we can communicate freely and put an end to this excessive censorship.

Max Stanford
Old 05-16-2006, 07:07 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a 60-90 size mount is the correct size
the 684 will be the one!
Old 05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
hessonrn

Thanks for the fast help with my question on motor mount size for a Saito 100

Ralph
Old 05-16-2006, 07:42 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Saito 100 mount dimensions are essentially the same as that of the OS & Magnum 91 and the Y-S 91/110

The Saito 65, 80, & 91 mount dimensions are essentially the same as that of the OS & Magnum 70
Old 05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
IronCross

Is anyone running an APC 14X6 on there Saito .72 ?... I notice Horizon says up to a 14x8 in there spexs... I am running a 13X6 on it now, peak rpm is around 10.5 on it... Problem is I can't get the idle down below about 2.8.. My plane won't stand still on the runway and is a littlle fast for landing... I am thinking a bigger prop will make a better flywheel and slow things down a little [8D]
Old 05-16-2006, 08:06 PM
w8ye

You will never know for sure until you try it....

Generally, a larger diameter will give more flywheel effect and lower idle..... But,

Bigger props tend to make the plane move along the ground at idle.

You may need to adjust your carb?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:15 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

is this not the best thread of any forum youve ever read ? little did i know when i started this thread that Mr. Robison and all you other SAITO pros would keep SAITO overs like me SOOOOO INFORMED ! I LOVE SAITO 4-STROKERS !....1-800-GO-SAITO !
Old 05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
IronCross

I hsve spent hours on the LS needle, I hare replumed the tank, raised it lowered it, set the valves, changed the OS f plug and am running 15 percent PM fuel... Cant seem to get s reliable idle under 2.8k. I have several other Saitos which idle reliably much lower with no problem.. It is only thr .72's I am experiancing this with.. I have also replaced the o rings on the intake manifold, sealed the top one with RTV and wired the manifold in place...

I sm wondering if the bigger prop might just drop the rpm enough to negate any increase in thrust at idle.. Was hopping some had tried it before I go out and buy a prop...
Old 05-16-2006, 08:30 PM
w8ye

You seem to have the top end correct. That's a pretty good rpm.

I have a Saito 91 that doesn't idle correctly. The spray bar in the carb is smaller or something. I have the idle screw all the way in and it still runs rich at idle but I get by with it. I have three of these engines and swapped out the carb and proved my thoughts. I replaced the idle needle with a new one in the bad carb and didn't change anything. I bought a new spray bar to put in the carb body but haven't done that yet.

The 14" props cost more than the 13". In the APC's, they triple the price.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:52 PM
IronCross

My low speed acts strange when I turn it in... It leans it out but when drop the thottle from about half way the engine actually speeds up a little and it takes it 5 secs or so to get back to idle.. If I richen the LS this problem goes away... The low speed setting always comes back to the same spot.. The pinch test says I am pretty close... Perhaps just a little rich... I have two .72's, The other one is not being used at the moment but was mounted inverted in a Dago Red.. Ran great... This one is one of the earlier models... It had a bent pipe and straight muffler.. The backplate did not even have the rienforcement webbing on it where the carb bolts on and lasted about a mounth.. I replaced that with one of the later backplates... I not sure however how many versions of these are out now or which one I have.. Thus the wire on the manifold..
The .72 is a real powerhouse... Sounds like a Harley sitting there idling.. I think the cam may be a little different in it....
Another solution I guess is to put some drag on the wheels... It's a tail dragger though so I can't do to much of that.. Have gotten away with it before though..
Old 05-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Saitos are like children, I have 14 of the former and 7 of the latter, what is there not to love?
Old 05-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: SigMan

is this not the best thread of any forum youve ever read ? little did i know when i started this thread that Mr. Robison and all you other SAITO pros would keep SAITO overs like me SOOOOO INFORMED ! I LOVE SAITO 4-STROKERS !....1-800-GO-SAITO !
Way to go SigMan! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found out by accident that my .72 and APC 12x6 on Omega 15% would idle around 1900 RPM. I had been flying it and heard that the idle was low but didn't bother to check it. I kept flying tanks of fuel until it finally died on short final. Then I checked the idle and saw how low it was.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:47 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ironcross, are you near Yuma? I head that way a couple times a year, gonna bring some planes next trip!
i have family there.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Thunderchild

[:@][:'(][&:][:@][:@][:@][:@]

I think I am going to migrate to the good old US of A!!!!! At least you guys can get bits.

Just think about it......... I ordered a velocity stack on January 17th and it arrived today - 18 May [:@][:@][:@][:@]

What is it with the SAITO distributor here?

He has us all by the short ones I'm telling you. Can do anything he damn well pleases.

Now where are the other two stacks I still have on order you #%$&# people!

Yes nurse, I'm coming.............................

TC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.