Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

iaclmAC

CHECK PoST# 254. I listed both the 100 and 200 V-TWINS (iNLINE)
Old 09-28-2005, 07:07 PM
IronCross

ORIGINAL: William Robison

[b]FlCf:

I kid you not. The Eco-Nazis are trying. If they get their way it will be the end of all two-stroke sales nationwide as has already happened on the wrong (left) coast. We may be allowed to run the ones we already have, but even there with the Eco-freaks there's no guarantee.

Who said it had to make sense? The politicos listen to the loudest yells and screams.

Bill.
And believe me, Ca has more nuts then most Almond Orchards... The two stroke thing though does give us a good excuse for a trip to Reno/Tahoe (Nevada) for lawn equipment etc... I suspect Nevada and Ariz are happy about the screwballs in Ca... You want to hear a really good one.. Our ilustrious Senator (Top Nut) Fienstien was instrument in passing a law limiting the purchase of and requireing all meds containing Sudafed be kept behind the counter.. Her answer to the Meth problem.. Problem solved ?.. Heck no it is pouring across our wide open boarder by the truck loads unhindered... Only people affected are the law bidding citizens... Are there any "sane" places left in this country []
Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Back to RC please.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:00 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[b]Dave:

ORIGINAL: hobbsy
Back to RC please.
This off-topic is really related, in that if Dianne Feinstein and the other cruds like her get their wishes it won't be just the two stroke engines, all our four strokes that mix oil in the fuel will be affected. And outlawed. We will have to have engines with a separate lube oil supply.

Some engines could be modified by installing new pistons with oil control rings and adding an oil sump with some way of slinging the oil. Engines that use the crankcase as a pump, that is all two stroke engines and the YS four strokes, could not be made to comply.

So while this digression isn't particularly related to Saito as such, it has a direct bearing on all piston engined powered modeling. And the turbines too, since our model turbines also have their lube in the fuel.

Bill.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Hobbsy

It's a wee bit of a stretch but I am not unreasonable, especially when it comes to protecting our engines from unreasonable laws.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:36 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from another sucessful nite of flying. The 72 seems to be getting better and better. I've been flying this engine for over 2 years... Does this mean it's just now getting broke in. LOL It really ran like a top tonite !!! Hurayyyyyyyyyy !!!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

William,

Sounds like we will be starting club e motor in the not so distant future if we can't fly our Saitos and other brands.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM
PlaneKrazee

This is off topic but applies to where the thread has gone. NASA photos released yesterday show that 1/3rd of the polar ice cap has melted since 1970.

Hobbsy,

If you delete this please move it into the "special" place. People need to know.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:48 AM
IronCross

I find it hard to believe that my little glo engine is causeing the melt though.. Especially with all the polution they create as they burn off the rain forest.. I have been told that my front yard puts out more CO then my car now... Funny thing too, they are banning even fireplaces here and I just saw the price of natural gas (home heating) has risin 143 percent...
Old 09-29-2005, 08:50 AM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

This may seem like a stupid question...

I have a SA100 and I notice the throttle barrel is spring loaded to full open throttle. Why does Saito do that?

BTW, have 1 gal thru the motor on a 6.5 pound plane and has not skipped a beat.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dennis- yeah, it probably is just getting broken in! I know that my 82 is getting stronger and stronger, and it has probably more than 4 gallons thru it.

As far as outlawing these small piston engines....HA! I will mix my own fuel if necessary, until they outlaw all the component ingredients. I mean, what are they going to do- keep a full-time field monitor (cop) on duty just to keep tabs on us? What a brave new world we live in. Cops in the schools, cameras on the light poles, government computers listening to every phone conversation and watching every email. Be afraid! Cripes.... my wife and I are contemplating Australia.

EDIT: Sorry, hobbsy- sometimes I just gotta vent!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 AM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: Skypilot_one

This is off topic but applies to where the thread has gone. NASA photos released yesterday show that 1/3rd of the polar ice cap has melted since 1970.

Hobbsy,

If you delete this please move it into the "special" place. People need to know.

You are not suggesting that the glow motors are contributing to this are you? Any motor has to run on some kind of power & unless you are recharging on wind or air power ect you may be using more energy than absolutely necessary.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:05 AM
freeonthree

I won't use anything but a Saito.... Im spoiled !!!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:08 AM
freeonthree

I just started a Saito Yahoo Group in case anyone is interested...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/saito4...guid=193241926
Old 09-29-2005, 10:21 AM
William Robison

[b]All:

"Global Warming" is a relatively new phrase for natural cycles. In recorded history the earth has gone through many cooling and warming cycles without the benefit of engine or industrial pollution. And it will continue to do so. Politicians, at least the ones who are more concerned with reelection than actuality, are taking advantage of the gullibility of the average voter.

Following is from a news service to which I subscribe, might be interesting.

Some people worry about global warming but if you think about it we once had an Ice Age and now we don’t so warming is not new. Other people argue we are merely seeing the normal cycles of heating and cooling.

Now the Pinot Noir grape may help settle this debate. The harvest date for this grape is so closely tied to weather that average annual temperatures can be determined from the date of the harvest. Harvest dates for the grape have been carefully recorded for centuries in Burgundy, France. These records have harvest dates for every harvest since 1370. Researchers were able to correlate these dates with average annual temperatures. The year 2003 was actually the warmest in over 6 centuries of data, while the second warmest years were in the 1520’s and again in the 1650’s. No modern warming cycle has yet lasted as long as those of 350 years ago. The findings also show that there was a long, cold period that lasted from the 1750’s until the 1970’s.

After the Flood, God promised that the seasons, with their seed time and harvest, would not cease while the world is here. However, He did not promise that there wouldn’t be cycles. But we can be comforted by the fact that He has promised that the weather will always allow crops to be grown.
You will note the earth is already starting toward the cool end of the cycle.

Bill.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 AM
William Robison

[b]STG:

ORIGINAL: STG

This may seem like a stupid question...
I have a SA100 and I notice the throttle barrel is spring loaded to full open throttle. Why does Saito do that?
It's not a stupid question. But it is a testimony to the excellent machine work in the Saito carb.

When you work the throttle lever you'll notice the throttle barrel also moves in and out of the carb body. This is what makes the metering (low speed) needle vary the mixture as the throttle setting changes. By moving nearer and farther off the LS needle the fuel port gets larger and smaller, changing the amount of fuel delivered.

Now, since we are depending on the consistency of the variation we have to be sure it changes only with turning the barrel, and not by the barrel moving straight in or out. The spring prevents this, keeping the barrel pushed toward the lever end.

Now we get to the excellent machine work. There is a screw, often the idle speed stop, that rides in a spiral groove on the throttle barrel. As the barrel turns, this is what makes it go in and out. With the outside of the barrel and its bore in the carb body smoothly finished, there is not much friction preventing the barrel's turning. Add the well finished side of the groove for the idle stop screw, the spring is easily able to push the barrel out of the carb body, thereby seeming to be spring loaded to full throttle.

All twin needle carbs except the cheapest possible ones, have this spring. But most others are rough enough in their production that you don't see the barrels being pushed out by the anti-rattle spring.

Please note that an ordinary air bleed carb does not need this spring. Saito air bleed carbs do have one, but they aren't ordinary air bleed carbs either. They could be the subject of another discussion if anyone is interested.

Bill.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Hobbsy

Brian, I think my MDS 1.48 Diesel actually caused that, at full song turning a 16x8 three blade at 9,200 it makes some serious smoke.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:58 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I receintly purchasea userd .80 Saito on RC Universe to install in a 1/5 scale Sig Cub I am building. Any recomedations from you experts on the care and feeding of this engine?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:31 PM
William Robison

[b]With any four stroke engine new to you, always check the valve clearance.

The FA-80 has a metal back plate to mount the carb, intake leakage hasn't been a problem. But if you want to turn the carb around for needle access I'd replace the o-ring where the intake pipe goes into the cylinder.

Fuel? Omega or Powermaster 15%, vary the nitro percentage if you wish but stay with a fuel that has a castor oil blended lubricant. And always run the engine dry after your last flight of the day, and use after run oil.

Bill.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:49 PM
PlaneKrazee

Hobbsy,

I knew it was you Those dam clean burning diesels. Of course Diesel engines emit less toxic poo than gas. No, It's not our hobby causing the problem, however it will be regulated someday.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:06 PM
William Robison

[b]Brian:

First, I know the definition of British Thermal Units. Also Calories as opposed to calories.

The point is the earth has been going through cooling/heating cycles for thousands of years without interference from humanity, and it will continue to do so with or without any human interference.

The year 2003 was either the peak of this cycle, or we are experiencing a dip on the up slope. 2003 was hotter than 2004, and 2004 was hotter than 2005 has been so far. Quantity and ferocity of tropical storms notwithstanding.

"Global Warming" is just more BS the scare mongers are trying to get us to swallow. We aren't causing it, and we can do nothing to stop it.

Bill.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

William,

Amen to the truth!

Bob
Old 09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
PlaneKrazee

Black Hole.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:49 PM
William Robison

[b]Brian:

Just one more.

You mentioned the "Holes" in the ozone layer. The "Non-Cognoscenti" blamed these on the release of Freon R-12. This is impossible, since R-12 is heavier than air, and in contact with water it breaks down into naturally occuring gases.

I think this one was really based on corporate greed, as all the patents on R-12 had expired. Getting R-12 outlawed opened the door for R-134a, with 17 years of patent protection (and profits) to follow.

DuPont strikes again. "Better Things for Better Living (and profits), Through Chemistry (and legislation)."

Bill.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
PlaneKrazee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.