Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:56 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Is that something like intense pain in the fingers from pressure like opening a bottle? I also have very sensitive skin on my left arm and tendonitis in my left elbow. My hands get tingling at times when driving. I also get stabbing pains in my fingertips at times. Should probably bring this up at my next HRA.
It won't hurt to ask. The tests aren't any fun. They put probes up and down your arm and zap you. It's called a nerve conductivity velocity test. They measure how much current gets thru and how fast. In other words, those guys should be wearing goalie masks when giving the tests, if you ask me. I bet some of them get off the nerve just right and end up getting slugged by some poor guy being zapped.

CaptainC- it's tingling and like electric shocks under the skin. Mine were mostly in my feet but some in my hands too. The gout confused things a lot.

I forgot to mention that I take 2 mg Xanax at night to sleep. Doesn't matter if I wake up because I know I'm going right back to sleep with that stuff. It really works for sleeping though soreness or pain. I don't think it's addictive. What do I know? lol I wouldn't want to take it during the day like the dopers do.

Last edited by blw; 08-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Captcrunch44

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
It won't hurt to ask. The tests aren't any fun. They put probes up and down your arm and zap you. It's called a nerve conductivity velocity test. They measure how much current gets thru and how fast. In other words, those guys should be wearing goalie masks when giving the tests, if you ask me. I bet some of them get off the nerve just right and end up getting slugged by some poor guy being zapped.

CaptainC- it's tingling and like electric shocks under the skin. Mine were mostly in my feet but some in my hands too. The gout confused things a lot.

I forgot to mention that I take 2 mg Xanax at night to sleep. Doesn't matter if I wake up because I know I'm going right back to sleep with that stuff. It really works for sleeping though soreness or pain. I don't think it's addictive. What do I know? lol I wouldn't want to take it during the day like the dopers do.
when i was in the hospital the hospital DR. Subscribed tramadol instead of taking ibuprofen i like that stuff its helps me sleep like a baby for four hours. I get up at midnight 1 o'clock and work on planes tell 4 or 5 then take a nap and go to work. Down side its an opioid and I am super scared of being addicted to any kind of drug. So only take it if I really am having a problem. Otherwise ibuprofen takes care of me juat fine.
I don't know about hooking up electrodes to me though, that's scary.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:07 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

gout,

I had gout a few times, one time vary bad in my toe, aaa> I had to wait 7 hours in the ER before I saw a Dr, I could feel the swelling climbing up my leg,,, just know that some beer is not good for gout, for me I found out it was Pale Ale, my God, do you know how good a good Pail Ale can be

Jim
Old 08-18-2017, 07:30 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by blw

I have had that done on my right shoulder after a truck crash. Was not fun. I was also on Xanax for anxiety, and I dont think that I will ever get that month back. It messed me up, my wife said I was not me.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:09 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 273 Likes on 238 Posts

If you weren't you who were you?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:43 PM
the Wasp

errr, I'm ready to order, and I did some measuring,

P-40)
I found with my P-40, with the Saito 125 I will only have 25mm between the Carb and the Engine Wall,, I can move the Fuel Tank on my P-40 to the center of the balance point, if I do I can keep the Fuel Lines away from the Air Intake..

ShoeString)
if I buy a used Saito 91 for my ShoeString I will only have 20mm between the Carb and Engine Wall,, and I can not move the Tank back on the ShoeString,, I don't like the fact that the Fuel Lines will be so close to the Air Intake on the ShoeString, I like a clean setup !!! and I'm sure most of us do..

now consider the Engine Mount on both models, the Engine mount will not really be in the way, but it will make things a bit tighter..

sounds like it's time for a cool looking Air Intake Scoop for my ShoeString..

BTW, I am only going to use 2 Fuel Lines for each Plane, one for pressure, and one for Carb/and Fueling, for Fueling I will use a T-fitting and a Clamp we use on our Helis..

it just goes to show, if it's not 5/16ths of something, it's 7/8ths of something else,, errrr

pope, I don't think I could ever own a Ford plane, snicker snicker heeheee

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 08-18-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:58 PM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
You guys can't help it eh?
It seems not.Dave hurts his hand and starts off a medical forum resembling the old Dr Kildare tv series from back in the sixties.It surprised me that people who should have been interested in a saito fa30sc with a different carb and exhaust,and supposedly the ability to rev to 22,000 showed no interest at all apart from a comment about saito 125's which i stick by.Do you think it's time to mention the pimple on my bum that's been annoying me for years?

Jim i don't get your worry about how close the firewall is to the back of the engine.In my decathlon the saito 82 clears it by less than 1/8th don't worry about fuel lines being in the way?

Now...back to that pimple
Old 08-19-2017, 01:10 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the pope
Seeing we're comparing doctors notes . 1shot disc in the neck and 3 in the lower back . Surgeons won't go near it as they say if they fuse more than 2 and u will eventually have issues . So I've been on morphine since the early 2000's . I'm not to proud to say that without that stuff I'm in bed crying in pain . I couldn't care less if I die 20 years early . I couldn't last a week without that stuff , I can lead a reasonable life now . Its not like I get off my face on the stuff either .
When people say they have a bad back I ask them what pain pills there on and if they say none I have a little chuckle to myself cause they have no idea . Like the ones who say I would never let a surgeon near their back . If u truly have a bad back u would let them operate on u with a axe ! Been to the pain clinic and all that ,had a double blind test where u had to go off your meds before hand . I was in tears before that little experiment was over and swallowed pain pills like candy on the way home lying on the back seat of the car . I will never go through that again .I know the docs try everything not to give them to you and I think there strategy is to give u aspirin if your happy with that they send u on your way . But if u throw them at them and start swearing they realise things are a bit more serious .When your on the pain pills u will never take taking a dump for granted ever again !!!
​​​​​​ Old Fart , I would like to see that car engine , I know OS did a high reving car engine . Cheers
Whats that last sentence , a ham sandwich . I know u must have fallen asleep during reading my medical notes . Thanks for your kind concern . Now show me a pic of that pimple and if I was a bit closer I might have even popped it for u . With my teeth of course .
Old 08-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Captcrunch44

Old fart
now thats not exactly true i have ask a couple of questions about props, cams and power and only got one maybe two responses on both and they were given by hobby man with chewed up fingers.
Now to recap
i have a 56 that i overhauled and it runs with no power found that the cam was a couple teeth off but still don't run like I think it should. Now i do have a couple of cam gears that i was playing with. Is there a difference between the 56 gear and the 45?
Next question was what kind of prop is a good one for my 125? That i am putting in my hog bipe.

Hope that helps to get back track.

If i was closer i would pop the pimple on your bum myself. Ha ha.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:00 AM
acdii

Wow pope, not before breakfast, geez, thats TMI.

EDIT: Et Tu Crunch`e

Last edited by acdii; 08-19-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:32 AM
Captcrunch44

Yeah and haven't had my coffee yet
Old 08-19-2017, 05:37 AM
acdii

I'm off to go see how the FG-11 flies the LT-40. If I get just a little more vertical with it, I will be happy, at the very least I shouldn't run out of gas, I have yet to drain the glow tank on it with the 52, and since the FG-11 uses even less fuel, I should gte a lot of flight time out of it.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Captcrunch44

Cool today is building day. For me. Can't wait got to put a 125 in hog bipe and 91 in the other one.
Then finish an ARF with an unmentionable engine. So my work is cut out for me
Old 08-19-2017, 09:30 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Too gross to even think about. Whew. I think you crossed a new line of grossness, Pope.

The Dr. said I was some kind of patient when it comes to Hydrocodone and Xanax. They don't effect me like other people. They work and do the job, but I don't get high like other people. I just take them and keep on going without any other effects. The only thing about Hydrocodone is that I can get nauseated pretty bad if I do work out in the heat. After reading that last sentence- taking an opioid painkiller and complaining about issues with working in the heat something ain't adding up here.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:59 PM
acdii

Well, the answer is, the FG-11 is great! Funny thing is I had to choke it today. Never had to do that before, but once it fired, the next flight fired on one flip. I would like just a bit more out of it, but that might come once I get it fully broke in, I only have a gallon or so through it, and it is still rich. I had to clean the plane of oil. Next can of gas I will mix it at the 20:1 ratio and be able to lean it out a bit more.

I think I got my plane setup just right, was able to do a tail slide with it, and did a couple hammer heads. My last flight I loaded the engine by idling it too long and it quit, but that was on a landing approach, so didn't matter. I was testing its loft time, and after about 45 seconds I guess it quit since I wasn't asking for any power, and noticed on final as it got closer that it wasn't running. That LT-40 is a great plane.

OTOH my Something Extra, the Saito 72 is making a weird noise, sounds like a siren, really weird sounding. Runs great, but sounds weird.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:46 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by blw
Too gross to even think about. Whew. I think you crossed a new line of grossness, Pope.
Well excuse me for caring . Your certainly a tough crowd ! You lot probably think Kim Jong Underpants is a lunatic too .
Old 08-19-2017, 06:14 PM
acdii

well....yeah, actually I do.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Rudolph Hart

Capt dave would be the guy to answer your query on which cam may be interchangeable with another,as far as props go i like apc because of their flight performance but a wooden prop may look better on your hog bipe.I run a wooden menz 23x10 on the edge 540v3 which is powered by a saito fg57 twin gasser,sounds good with shotgun pipes here's a pic.Plus an image for popo to dwell on...it'll be a challenge
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160612_160709 (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2228577  
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Captcrunch44

Old fart.
Yeah i like the APC to. I was trying to find out what size. I need to look back and see what the bench mark prop is.
Hope your bum is getting better. Is it hard to sit?
Old 08-19-2017, 07:50 PM
the pope

he can sit on his bike ok judging by the pic.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:13 PM
the Wasp

have you guys seen this ??

RYAN PT-22 RECRUIT - SEA288, Gas Power Scale - Seagull Models

Jim
Old 08-19-2017, 09:39 PM
the pope

i have a soft spot for these planes . I had a 46 size one that I forgot to pull up the Tx ariel and u can guess the rest . Why is it always the planes u like that bite the dirt ? I now have a blackhorse single seater sta . Its still in the box . Its going to have a OS gf40 gaser in it .
Black Horse Ryan 120 ARTF (A-BH072A) - Ripmax Ltd
Old 08-20-2017, 03:42 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Captcrunch44
Cool today is building day. For me. Can't wait got to put a 125 in hog bipe and 91 in the other one.
Then finish an ARF with an unmentionable engine. So my work is cut out for me

I watched a video of a Hog Bipe flying with a Saito 100 and a MA 15x6, it flew very nice and surprisingly fast. A 125 with a Xoar 16x6 would be perfect, or 15x8 would be even faster if the Bipe would go faster.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:29 AM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by Captcrunch44
Old fart.
Yeah i like the APC to. I was trying to find out what size. I need to look back and see what the bench mark prop is.
Hope your bum is getting better. Is it hard to sit?
Not on popo's face it won't be.With your saito 125 prop selection on the hog bipe i'd stay at a six pitch so the hog bipe does'nt turn into a mustang speed wise plus it gives you good vertical,and everyone knows that's real important.I started with an apc 16x6 when ground running the 125 but it never sounded real happy.If you over prop an engine it makes the main needle settings to broad because the 125 is already bogged down and off peak.I ran a 15x6 can't remember what brand prop and it was easy to tune and sounded crisp,later on if you think it's revving to hard in flight step up to a 16x6.Good luck.

Jim that ryan would look neat with a saito 325 gk five cyl hanging out of the cowl,or an fg57 twin gasser or a saito 220 single would be heaps,can't have to much power and what's this os something or other,is that some kind of new disease??
Old 08-20-2017, 05:27 AM
Captcrunch44

Now i am really getting excited about flying the bipe on that engine I can't wait for time and good weather.
Thank OF and Hobbys. For the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.