Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:29 AM
downwind leg

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by herrmill
For those interested in switching out the shocks, again any 80mm adjustable shock will fit. Here's the FMS replacement part for reference.
Hey Herrmill, are those shocks a little stiffer than the the stock ones or just the same? Also, are they adjustable?
Thanks in advance,Brad
Old 06-08-2020, 07:38 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Those are stock Replacements and should be exactly the same as what comes with the Jeep. I'm still trying to figure out how to buy from taobao. If I can figure it out I'll pick up at least one set of the tires and rims. I already ordered set from banggood, but so far all they've done is bang me good. They told me the parts were in stock, they took my money, and then a week later they're telling me that they're not in stock and it will be another two weeks before they ship. They've got about 10 days to ship before I ask for a refund and open a PayPal claim.

Brad, you actually ordered one of these, right? What does your tracking say?
Old 06-08-2020, 07:51 AM
downwind leg

Yes I did, about mid to late April as I recall. I"ll have to check when I get to my home computer but last I heard, it was on the boat.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:18 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I ordered tires from them, they took my money and the page said "in stock", a week later I get an email saying they're not in stock, but they think they can ship in a couple of weeks. I think I've been banged good. Again. If they don't ship within two weeks I'll ask for a refund and hope they give me an excuse to open a paypal dispute. They hate that.
Thanks for the heads up Gary!!! So sad we have to deal with this kind of issue.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:26 AM
Crius

I totally agree. It should be a rule that you have to actually have the stuff before you start advertising it. That happened to me with a 1/6 scale dragon schwimmwagen kit. I think the guy heard that Dragon was going to re-release this kit so he immediately set up a page on eBay and asked for extended shipping time, hoping that he would get the product before the shipping time ran out. He didn't, I had to get my money back, so I basically gave him a free, interest-free loan for 3 months for $300.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:54 PM
downwind leg

O.K. just got a notice today from Talahassee, Florida that they have created a label for USPS and it will be on it's way. WOOHOO!
Old 06-09-2020, 08:00 AM
Crius

Brad, I thought you had a tracking number long ago? Didn't it say something about how it has been processed through a facility in China? I don't understand why you would get an email from Tallahassee Florida. You have to remember that creating a label and shipping the item are two completely different things. If they still haven't shipped your Jeep it might be a problem. Does tracking give you a location for the package right now?
Old 06-09-2020, 08:30 AM
downwind leg

Hey Gary, when I plugged in the tracking number it just said that a label had been created in Tallahassee and I assumed shipment would start tomorrow? The original message I got yesterday was from FMS saying my order had been fulfilled and on it's way and gave me the USPS tracking number. The original number,as I recall, was a number relating to the package before going on the "slow boat".
Old 06-09-2020, 10:27 AM
Crius

I've never seen it go like that, but hopefully you'll have your Jeep real soon. Mine came through New Jersey, and it kept saying processed in China until one day it said New Jersey and I got the Jeep about two days later.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:15 AM
downwind leg

My tracking for the Jeep is now showing "in transit"
Old 06-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Crius

Yeah, tracking has been screwed up for everybody lately. I just had a tank sent up from Florida and the tracking on that was all messed up until the very last minute. When I got my Jeep, the tracking was the same way, it kept saying it was in China and then one day it said New Jersey and then the next day it was at my house. As long as yours says that it was at one point in Florida in the tracking history then you're good to go, Brad.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:54 AM
downwind leg

Allright! The Jeep showed up at the post office yesterday. Haven't really had a chance to check it out. Just noticed how mushy the suspension is but on the plus side, nice upholstered seats. Hope to fire it up this weekend.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Crius

Yeah, the first thing I did was crank the collars on the shocks all the way down and that helped quite a bit.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:48 AM
downwind leg

Yeah, I did the same with the collars. Fired it up on Saturday at the flying field and it ran great. Not used to using my right hand for steering, it's on the left for planes. I tested it hauling a little battery wagon (8lbs.) around but time will tell on the P-38. Hope to get it out and test it next month.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Crius

In case I didn't mention it before, I ordered another set of tires for this Jeep from banggood. When I ordered them it said they were in stock. Few days later I got an email saying they were not in stock but they should have them within two weeks. Today I got an email that says they've been shipped but the estimated delivery date is August 13th. Looks like I've been banged good again. Some places will go to any lengths to avoid a refund. Once they have your money they really, really want to keep it. One would think I would have learned by now, eh? Guess not.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Der alte Fritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine from ATees; it was back-ordered and I had to wait about a month until they had it in stock. Right now their date is July 3 for the next batch. Since I didn't want to wait for the slow boat I paid the extra $50 and FedEx got it to me in 4 days after ATees shipped it.
I like to have sound in my rc vehicles and added a ESS Dual sound simulator to my Jeep. Since I couldn't find any space I ended up building a crate out of tongue depressors and mounted it on top of the fake crate behind the front seats. Works well, with the gaps I left between the boards the sound isn't too muffled. The crate opens to allow me to use the buttons on the ESS Dual if I want to and I also used a long servo extension cable from the receiver into the crate. That way I can simply unplug the cable inside the crate to connect it to the laptop to make any sound configuration changes.
Sorry for the color, I just mixed some of the colors at hand to create some military green. I like the jeep for trail crawling, but I am not a military purist. And Dixxon, the medic, doesn't care what color crate his supplies come in.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:43 PM
Der alte Fritz

This is Dixxon's Jeep. I couldn't post the photos with my last post because I only had 9 previous posts.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:53 AM
OllyOrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar experience as also purchased from AsiaTees which arrived in 5 days. Good info on ESS Dual sound simulator. Does anyone know where to purchase the canvas roof C1031 and the machine gun C1089 please.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:20 AM
Crius

I have also been watching for the canvas top and the Machine Gun but haven't seen them yet. I had mine out over the weekend and that little 1,000 Mah lipo runs for a long long time. I want to get a speed check on this thing and I'll probably do it the same way I do the tanks, except in 1/6 scale 1/4 Mile is 220 ft.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:21 AM
Crius

Has anyone got a link to the sound system mentioned above?
Old 06-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Der alte Fritz

Gary, I got mine at AMain Hobbies; they seem to have the better price right now. I saw them at over $100 when I was looking for the unit for the Jeep.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c29263/p723721

They also have the single speaker version, but that's not much smaller and I don't think it will fit between the rear shock towers either. At one point I was actually thinking of taking the unit apart and hiding the board and speakers separately somewhere, but that seemed like more work than the crate. I did see a video where someone actually used a different brand sound simulator and was able to hide it under the hood. And so far I still think that the ESS unit is one of the best sound quality on the market. This was my 3rd installation in one of my rc vehicles.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:23 AM
downwind leg

I'm just wondering how accurate the sound is for a Jeep. The Jeep engine/muffler had a very distinctive sound and I wouldn't invest in one of these units unless it really sounded right.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:21 AM
Der alte Fritz

Yes, the sound is NOT an accurate Jeep sound. But like I said, I am not a purist and the sound satisfies my crawling interest. People have commented how my Defender sounds like it has a V8 in it and that was good enough for me. For the Jeep I picked something different from the free sound-files and and again, it satisfies my needs. I am sure when Clark comes out with the sound to go with their upgrade it will be much better. Plus the speaker is in the front, which might be noticeable to some people.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:42 AM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Well end of June still no Jeep from FMS. Tracking number still says same BS it did before - "Source post preparing shipment". I pre-ordered April 3 and got the order confirmation from FMS on April21. I think mine got lost somewhere or fell off the boat. Also no reply from FMS regarding my inquiry. Guess I will file a PAYPAL claim to get my money back.

Will have to build a jeep from the Dragon models. Was thinking maybe an Axial SCX 10 would be a good one for chassis. The wheel base is about 1" too short but could be lengthened with some tinkering. Also width can be made a bit wider with wheel extenders. Rubber tires will be nice to have.

The ESS Dual Sense are neat - I have one in my Traxxis TRX4. You can add your own sound file if you have one. You can get them off Ebay from US supplier for about $75 less shipping. I'm going to try one in a Dragon RC Sherman tank as well.

Best regards all,
B
Old 06-30-2020, 10:22 AM
Crius

The board from Clark is probably going to cost an arm and a leg so I'm going to try the $20 sound system first and see what happens. I might even go with the Das micro if I can come up with the proper sound file.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.